What are your SB Faves?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi chicks,
    I was just digging through the recipe files again, and since I am lazy, and time is short, I was wondering what everybody's all-time faves are from the recipes section. Some of these have made it to stickies, but not all. This might also help the newbies find the really good stuff. So, I am looking for the things that have become part of your regular rotation, that are so good you would make them on a regular basis even if you weren't on the beach (that's hypothetical, of course none of us will ever leave the beach!).

Mine are:
    Apricot, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Salad
    Mediterranean Chicken
    Chicken Divan
    Broccoli Cheese Soup
    Refried Bean Soup
    Roasted Eggplant Stuffed with Beef
    Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
    Cottage Cheese Pancake
    Taco Bake
    Roasted Red Pepper Soup
    Antipachos
    Wendy's Chili
    Stuffed Pepper Soup
    Chicken Enchiladinis

If any of your faves aren't in the recipes yet, be sure and post them!
  • Hey Schmoodle! I tried that lettuce wrap recipe last night and it was FANTASTIC!! It will definitely be something I made once every few weeks. But only because I'm too lazy to make it every week
  • Chicken Divan
    Taco Bake

mmmm, my beachiness is sort of on hold right now but these are recipes I will continue to use forever!
  • Here are some of recipes I use on a regular basis -

Apricot, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Salad
    Shrimp Scampi
    Shrimp or Chicken Fried "Rice"
    Chicken Divan
    Chicken & Spinach Casserole
    Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup
    Spinach Souffle Stuffed Chicken
    Fettucini Alfredo (made w/shrimp or chicken, sans fettucini)
    Spicy Thai Sauce
    Taco Bake
    Stuffed Peppers
    Wendy's Chili
    Oatmeal Bars
    Black Bean Brownies
    Peanut Butter Cup
  • *goes off to find that taco bake everyone is listing!*

My favorite so far is simply making a casserole of grilled chicken breast and onions, with lima beans (mmmmMm!); red bell pepper and light grated cheddar cheese.
  • From the recipes here? I really like the chocolate cheesecake smoothie and the egg white waffles (can't remember what they're called). The smoothie is so easy, and really helped me the last time I tried this, when I just didn't want to do eggs and nothing but eggs again!

Ooh, also, there was a Peanut Butter Cup recipe with lite Cool Whip, peanut butter, and sugar-free chocolate syrup. It was a frozen thing...and it was DELICIOUS!

From the SB cookbook, I absolutely love the Baked Chicken Pesto. So simple and delicious. The whole family likes that one.

• Quote: *goes off to find that taco bake everyone is listing!*

My favorite so far is simply making a casserole of grilled chicken breast and onions, with lima beans (mmmmMm!); red bell pepper and light grated cheddar cheese.

Oh, YEAH!! I made that once and it was (to quote Rachael Ray) "delish!"

• We love the parmesan/almond crusted chicken - even my hubby who hates nuts!
  • My favorite recipes here, so far, are the peanut butter cookies, Belgian waffles, Ricotta muffins - savory not sweet, "homefries", and, chicken enchiladinis - probably my fav. I make it at least once a week.
    Ohh...and the breakfast cheesecake I tried. I think it already has a sticky, though. It's really good!! Saved me last night.

I still need to try the taco bake!
  • The Italian White Bean Soup and Refried Bean Soup.
  • Crispy Pork Chops
    Okay, here's a favorite recipe I have made for 20 years, but have recently modified for SB....

Crispy Pork Chops

3 or 4 center cut boneless pork loin (one per person)
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
    3 T canola oil
    1 T red wine vinegar
    1 T lemon juice
    1 T parsely
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 T Dijon mustard

In a shallow pan on a rack, place pork loins, sprinkled with a small amt of parmesan cheese (this is where I used to dip them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs, but we seriously don't even miss this step!!)

Broil for about 5-7 minutes being careful not to burn. Flip, sprinkle a bit more parmesan and broil an additional 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness.

Mix remaining ingredients (starting w/ 1/2 cup parmesan) to make the 'sauce'. Once you have broiled both sides, spoon sauce mixture on top of chops, and broil one side about 5 min, or until they are a bit golden, flip, and spoon mixture on ther side, and broil another 5 min.

Serve w/ a side veggie and salad.... enjoy!!!! These are a tangy, cheesy, yummy main course!! We don't even miss the breading!!!!!!
  • My fav is a recipe from the SBD site...Balsamic Chicken...it's soooo mmmmmm
    and the cucumber salad is incredible...my 16 yo son even loves them both

my zydeco soup is also one of my favs...I need to make another pot of soup for this week.
  • Tried the parmesan and almond crusted chicken tonight and it was really good. Can't believe I haven't tried that one yet. It's a good thing I liked it because I made enough for six people and I am the only one that ate it (DS is still queasy, and DD ate about three bites, her usual). Haven't quite got that cooking for one thing down yet. Hope it will be as good warmed up. Thanks zookeeper.

piratex, which lettuce wrap recipe?

Next to try: Fireside White Bean and Sausage soup. Been meaning to try this one for a while.
  • I tried the chocolate cheesecake smoothie last night, and it was so good I couldn't believe it! It is a new favorite of mine.

My husband smoked about 10 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast this weekend and then shredded it all. We put it in 3 ounce serving ziploc bags to throw on top of salads or for a snack. Then one night for dinner we made some SB friendly cole-slaw and BBQ sauce and warmed up the chicken and it was so good.

Chili is a must. We make chili and freeze it. It is a staple.

I also do a mexican dish that we both love. I thinly slice chicken, onions, and bell peppers and saute them in a cast iron skillet with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Think fajitas without the tortilla. I then pile it up on some shredded lettuce, with some salsa, ff sour cream, and a side of guacamole and fat free refried beans. We LOVE IT!
  • What's the best way to find the recipes that you guys listed? I tried looking for them under the recipes but the lists are so long! I also tried to type the name in the search function but can't get it to come up with anything.