3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Freezing Friday Chatterings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/130190-freezing-friday-chatterings.html)

cottagebythesea 01-04-2008 06:16 AM

Freezing Friday Chatterings

:brr: It's 15* here!!!! Is it winter yet?

I was up extra early so I could get a Chicken Divan in the oven for our supper tonight. It's so nice to come home after a long day and have supper already prepared. :)
We don't have anything real exciting happening here. We never made it to the library yesterday, so maybe we'll do that today. Audrey has an ice skating exhibition this afternoon, too, I hope it warms up a little so we don't freeze to death watching her!
It's Day 3 on Phase 1 for me and so far I'm feeling great! It's a wonderful feeling knowing I'm getting all those nasty toxins out of my body. :woohoo:

So what's on your agenda on this TGIF? :cofdate:

GONNABE165 01-04-2008 06:44 AM

Brrrrrrr Cottage thats a bit cold ya think. I sure hope it warms up before you go ice skating. Congrats on your success so far on phase 1

It's suppose to get to 56* here and in the high 60's over the weekend. Day 4 phase 1 for me and I am feeling great. My body is a bit sore (all over) with this new fitness program I started Wednesday.

Hello and good morning to the late chicks. I'll check in on yall later.

little chick 01-04-2008 07:04 AM

Goodmorning chicks. It is freezing here as well this morning. Not sure what the temp is but it is cold,cold,cold. Just sitting here enjoying a cup of tea before the wee ones show up for the day. I will be glad when the kids go back to school on monday and life is normal again.

Cottage- Thanks for starting us up this morning, hope you stay warm at the rink today. Day 3 for me too today hoping not to get any headaches.

Gonnabe- Enjoy your day and good for you with the exercising.

Me-Today is day 3 for me and hoping no headaches come. I need to get more veggies in today. I have not jumped on the scales although I want to, but with TOM just a day or two or maybe even next week away. I have avoided them. I am going to try to hold off til next wed. Today I am going to try to organise either the kitchen or the bathroom. I am thinking the bathroom as it is a smaller job. Yesterday got our bedroom done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF. Cheers to us.

tomandkara 01-04-2008 07:18 AM

Morning all!

Linda and LC, I'm crossing my fingers for you that the Phase 1 drearies stay away from you today! Day two was the worst for me when I redid Phase 1, so maybe you got through it and didn't even realize it!

Gonna, way to go on that exercise program! I love being sore - means I was doing something right.

I'm feeling MUCH better today, although a sore throat has stuck around. I should make myself a nice cup of tea and sip it throughout this evening. The kiddies are all in bed and the house is sparkling clean, thanks to the thorough scrubbing I gave it this afternoon. Living in a small place is nice for the cleaning (although I do wish there was someplace to escape when I need a minute to myself). The bathroom does NOT work because the kids keep coming in on me... When is it that you can pee in peace? How old are they before they stop barging in?

Another late night for Tom so I'm sure I'll be checking back frequently. I'm going to try to get my Christmas cards finished. How awful am I?! Usually I have them out at the beginning of December but this year it just got away from me. We got beautiful Korean cards, too, so I can't just save them for next year. Ah, well, maybe I can claim I'm extending the holiday season. Think anyone will buy it?

Kara

THINBYJUNE 01-04-2008 07:27 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Stay warm and enjoy the ice skating.
:wave: Gonna & LC
Kara I think you should save them for next year and tell everyone you bought in advance because you're so organized. Then you coud fill them all out this year and mail them the day after Thanksgiving next year. Can you tell I've done this?

Well I woke up and the headache was gone :woohoo: We're supposed to get 10" rain between today and tomorrow. I've been watching the news and I just love how every natural weather event has to have a name and a special logo. "Weather Watch 2008" followed by intense music. I probably won't be laughing anymore if I have to break out the oars to get to work :lol:
Have a great day everyone.

tomandkara 01-04-2008 07:41 AM

:lol: I hope you really have done that with your cards, Dawn! That's priceless! :lol:

Kara

THINBYJUNE 01-04-2008 07:51 AM

It was about three Christmases ago. I went into the box of cards, envelopes and stamps and found the previous year's cards. Then I remembered I got to Jan 5th and wasn't done and said "Maybe nexr year". When I pulled them all out they were all signed and 1/2 of them were addressed. When my friends and family got their cards from me first they just kept saying how organized and together I was. ;) If only they knew.

tomandkara 01-04-2008 08:49 AM

Made it through the "n"s. Whew. The "m"s are the worst. My maiden name started with M and our last name now also begins with M, so ALL of the extended family is in that one letter section of my address book. About nine more left now and then I'm home free!

Kara

Schmoodle 01-04-2008 08:55 AM

Morning chicas, and TGIF! OMG I've got so much to do today! This will be me tonight:http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...1drinking1.gif
Of course, it will be water in the glass!
lc, good job on the organizing. I'm trying to do the same. None of my rooms are a one-day job, unfortunately! I want to stay away from the scale until the end of Ph1, but I don't know if I'll make it...
:brr: stay warm cottage!

Still no chocolate for me, but I got sad yesterday when they were all scarfing it down, so I took two pieces of the dark chocolate and stuck it in the freezer. I will allow myself one when I'm done Ph1. Now I just hope they suck down the rest real fast. I may take it to my mom's tonight.

kara, no shame in sending after-Christmas or New Year's cards. I've done that before. By the way, they never stop barging unless you lock the door. The other day I was in the shower and DS came in and asked if I would cook him some eggs. Yes, he was wet when he left the room! I can tell you at 9, 11, and 20, they all still barge! DH says that I will miss it when they don't need me anymore. I don't believe him for a minute.
Dawn, you ARE organized if you were able to find them all the next year and get them out!

Okay, enough yakkin' I'd better get to it!

femmecreole 01-04-2008 09:00 AM

Morning everyone! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I just went outside and checked the ice in my sugar kettle pond. I pushed on it and about 2 inches popped up on the other side of the kettle, so it looks like it is melting. Supposed to warm up today.

I woke up to NOTHING from clients in my "inbox". So I MAY have a little free time today. So I hopefully can use it to start getting ready for company in 2 weeks. I want to re-cover the shelf paper in the guest bathroom closet. There was some really ugly floral paper covering the shelves and I tried to pull it off when we first bought the house. Like cement...so I guess I'll just put something on top of it. Also want to paint the door to my son's room which looks yucky. Don't have to cook cause I have TONS of soup leftover from yesterday.

GONNABE165 01-04-2008 09:01 AM

Lc the scale is definetly the enemy :devil: when it come to TOM

Kara so all this soreness means I did something right - wonder how I would feel if I did wrong. Glad your feeling better :hug:

Dawn have you got a faft or boat ready (just in case)

Good morning Schmoodle

My doc just called and said they can't get approval for me to have a ct scan for the lump I have on my head but wants me to see a surgeon - we shall see what happens.

tomandkara 01-04-2008 09:02 AM

:rofl: Teach that boy to cook his own eggs, Schmoodle!

Cat, enjoy your soup! I'm going to do some in the slow cooker tomorrow so we have lunch waiting on us when we get back from Connor's martial arts. Love soup!

Gonna, there have been times when I was over-sore. Preseason college gymnastics we ran stairs for what felt like hours and I couldn't sit onto the toilet for days! Had to plop myself down and hope I wouldn't bounce off!!! :lol: Haven't been *that* sore since, but a little twinge now and again won't hurt ya.

I gave up after the "p"s. I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow. I have one more load of laundry to fluff and then I'll start the towels to wash and dry overnight. That is the one benefit of my crazy washer/dryer combo. I can set it to wash and then immediately start the drying cycle, so I do my towels overnight. This will be one of those "Remember in Korea we had that crazy washer/dryer where all the buttons were in Korean!" moments in years to come.

Kara

Kiko 01-04-2008 09:06 AM

Morning chicks!

Way to go for you Phase 1 stud-ettes! I am not doing so well- I was such a basket case yesterday that I ate nothing until dinner time. DH and the girls had made homemade pizza and I was so hungry that I ate some. Today is yet another new day!

We have been keeping a friend's daughter for the last two days. Today we pass her off to her grandma. She is a good kid, my girls have played since they were babies, but she it VERY loud (more than my two) and very high maintenance. I will happily pass her off today. :) Then we can all rest for the weekend and head back to school on Monday refreshed and ready to go.

Hope that you all have a mah-ve-lous day!

phxsunflower 01-04-2008 09:20 AM

Good morning all, was going to get a cup of cocoa but wanted to stop in here first.

Cottage-:fr::eek: that is cold!

Gonnabe-sore after exercises is a good thing. At least that what I was told!

Little chick-wish I was organizing like you. I am finding I AM a procrastanator!! especially when it comes to organizing.

Kara-:lol: My kids are 13 down to 6 and they still come in or stand just outsie the door and try to talk through the door! I gave up sending out Christmas cards because it just wasn't happening. I send out New Year cards. This way I get the time when the kids are busy with their Christmas gifts.

Thin-I am looking forward to the rain! You could keep the thunder and lightening if there is any.(The motivator doesn't like that part of the rain). Our forecast is rain on Sat. and Sun. carrying into Mon. morning.

Me- It is day 4 for me. Seems to be going good. Went for my walk this morning,going to get some breakfast and get going. DD1 needs to go and get new shoes before we head back to school. Need to take down the tree and get life back. Was trying to wait until the 6th but not gonna make it. Vacation time is over time to get back into the rat race. Have a great day and a safe one.

Schatzi 01-04-2008 09:46 AM

Brrrrrrrrrrr :brrr: Cold Cold Cold here!

Cottage: I'm doin the cha cha with Phase 1 - just cant seem to get it together... :shrug: Stay toasty!

Gonna: U Go Girl :cheer:

LC: Yer a regular cleanin machine!

Kara: I hope you find some me/pee time ! I :rofl: about ploppin on the toilet..been there done that! I once over did weights and ended up with useless flippers for arms for 2 days.

Thin: :rofl: I've done that myself - I had cards addressed and stamped .. and all I had to do was add another 2 cent stamp .. I love cards, but stopped for the most part a few years ago and make a donation instead.
I find our Weather people quite amusing with the Names and the forboding music: WEATHER WATCH WARNING! COLD... thankyou for that insightful forecast :dz:

Schmoo: Schmoodle 4 Chocolate 0. You're doin great!

Femme: I've got to do the same here. All the shelves need paperin. I keep the contact paper on and tack it to the shelves so I can change them out easier. Plus I always get the paper all crinkly when I try to lay it down with the sticky stuff.
Kiko: :hat: Heres to that new day! West and Wewax Wabbit!

PHX: have a great day de-decorating!

I'm off today... we're going down to Furnitureland for office and livingroom furniture. one of the nice things livin in NC is that its the furniture capitol of the states aand you can get nice quality for like half the price you'd pay anywhere else in the states...

:dust: fer all!