South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Kara, he knows how. He is just practicing to be a man and would rather have me do it for him!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #17  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kara, I got a new slow cooker cookbook in yesterday (surprised cause I just ordered it!) It's a "healthy" recipe book. As I try them out, I'll post them. There are tons of soup recipes in them. There is one for Vegetarian Chili you may want to try.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Soup, thanks for the reminder, I going make a wee little turkey soup with lots of veggies for lunch... I froze little baggies of turkey and I have low sodium broth, so I just need to add veggies and a few spices. I am off to do that right now.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Kiko! Hope your day quiets down!

Phoenix, don't trip over the other rats' tails! Good luck getting everything back to normal (whatever "normal" is!).

Schatzi, never fails - reading your post has me giggling for hours! Have fun in Furnitureland!

Thanks, Cat! I did not grow up in a chili cookin' family, so I need a recipe. I'd love to take a peek at the one in your book if you think it looks good, and have time to post it!

Schmoo, "practicing to be a man" too much!

I'm off to bed. Got the last load of laundry in but Tom just informed me that he "messed it up". I think he turned it off to get a shower and then tried to restart it but didn't quite get it right. Men. He claims to not know how to do the laundry so I do it, but somehow he survived the month we were in the States...

Kara
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Wow. Lots of chatter in here this morning. I can't stay long - just a quick and I'm off! I've got 4602 pages to print on my little printer and I'm fairly certain that it's printing about 10 sheets a minute. I know I'll be working through lunch and I will definitely be working late! (Or I may go home at 5 and just come in tomorrow so that DH and I can go see a movie tonight!)

Hope you're all having a great day and are peeing in peace!!

, Kim
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #21  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

Morning everyone! I am new here- just started today. I am hoping Phase 1 treats me well, and I don't feel too sick or anything. I am nervous about this diet because I have always heard such bad things about cutting out certain foods, etc. but I really do think it's a healthy diet, I just have my worries about making it through phase 1. But so far, I feel pretty positive. Can't wait to get to know you all better.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #22  

Welcome Piper. Have you read the book? I've found that lots of people has misinformation about SBD. When they ask me what plan I follow and I tell them, lots of times I hear "oh, I could never give up fruit," or "I love my pasta too much." In reality, after following the plan for 7 mos now, I haven't had to give up anything. I've really never felt deprived. If you find you are really missing something, let the chicks know, because chances are, we've figured out a way to include it. And remember, Ph1 is only two weeks, and you'll be so glad after you make it through, and your cravings are gone.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #23  
doing it for real

Yes, I've been reading the book. I have a good grasp of phase 1 I think, although I need to figure out more how phase 2 and 3 work. I realize that more things are worked in later, so really my two concerns are 1) how I will feel in phase 1 and 2) if I can handle adding things back in, since I am not the best with portion control.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Piper: Hey, nice to meet you! What I like about SB is that portion control isn't an issue except when it comes to fruit and starches - the P2 carbs. To keep me from over eating brown rice, for example, I only make one serving for me and one for DH and eat a huge serving of veggies. It really helps!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #25  

Piper, I had the same issues. The first time I tried SBD, I followed the menus in the book exactly for Ph2. So day 1 had, I think, 3 servings of grains, and 2 of fruits. My cravings returned and I couldn't stay on the plan. A year later I tried again, and had found 3fc, so I followed the chicks advice to add things in slowly when you start Ph2, one thing at a time. Although it's not necessary to track calories, on SBD, I did use Fitday to track mine for a few months, just to get a grasp of portion sizes.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #26  
doing it for real

yeah adding things in slowly makes sense, especially if ph1 is going well. I am nervous, but I am just trying to concentrate on getting through ph1.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #27  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Welcome Piper!

I swear I had posted this morning, but I guess I didn't. Odd. Nothing going on with me today except work and a trip to the bank. We get DSS this weekend, and I want to start redoing his room, so we might do another big clean this weekend. His room was the only one I didn't get to last week. The weather is supposed to be better so maybe we'll get in some racquetball.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #28  

Hi, everyone! Work has been extremely busy today and I've been setting up a meeting to start planning online registration for Twilight Camp. The 17th is the first date we could all make it. Too many scouting activities. We're going to hold it at my house so some of us can bring our boys. Hopefully they won't get too loud. I think Pam's son is 2 years younger than Brian but I don't know how loud he is.

Brian has his two gerbils now. Cocoa and Cloudy. Cocoa is black (must be dark chocolate) and Cloudy is a light gray. Allie (one of our cats) thought that they should be named Dinner and Dessert! She didn't get her wish though. Cloudy is more timid but Cocoa was already running around on Brian's hands last night.

Tomorrow I'll be in class all day at the University of Scouting. I'm taking a six hour course on Cub Scout Roundtable basics for Roundtable staff. Three or 4 of us are carpooling so I have to leave the house about 6:35AM. That's a bit early for a Saturday.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #29  
doing it for real

Hey, I have a quick question...

How specific are you all? I haven't really been calculating servings or anything, just watching the fats (dairy, nuts, oils) and not loading up, but not measuring or even keeping track of servings. Is that ok?

Also, I had a snack of lettuce wraps, and then ate my mocha creme because it was sitting in the fridge and it looked yummy. lol! Would that be the kind of thing that is going to get me into trouble, or am I doing ok?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #30  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Piper different things work for different people. With phase 1 I am real strict with it - it is a detox but I do eat til I am full cause I hate to be hungry. Eating off plan can sometimes cause cravings so pay close attention to your triggers.
Closed Thread