South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies from COLD Indiana, it is a whopping 6 degrees here this morning and my car was not happy! Add to that stepping on the scales this morning and well I'm right there with everyone else!

I have had alot of catching up to do here! I have read over the last week but haven't posted. That darn cold is still setteled in my ear but atleast I don't feel like someone is jabbing an ice pick in it anymore! Have to wonder if part of it isn't from eating crap I shouldn't have over the last couple of weeks.

Cat I had to laugh when you mentioned eating your apple tatin durning the biggest loser, I am guilty of the same thing, mine being coconut cake (which got thrown out first thing this morning!).

Wish I had time for more personals but I need to get to work. I slacked pretty bad over the last week being sick, only did what was absolutly necessary and now I am going to pay! First full day of work in a week, have a feeling it is going to be a long one!

Have a great day and will power dust to all!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I came to post earlier, but decided to break my recent bad habit of not eating breakfast until I'm starving, and look at all the posts! The kids are off to school again, sad day for them, happy for me. DH and I both had to shove real hard to get them out the door. DD1 is still here, but she'll sleep until noon. I plan to spend the day getting my work plan in order, and take a brisk walk at lunchtime. DS has horseback riding after school, and I've got a town meeting to attend this evening. In between, maybe I can start getting some of the Christmas decor put away. Hope you chicks have a good one!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #18  

Good morning chicks!

Sipping on my coffee trying to wake up. Both girls slept in a bit this morning, so that was a nice treat.

Femme and Cottage I have to admit to snacking on some things I shouldn't have been while watching Biggest Loser as well! I felt so bad for the girl who got eliminated essentially because her dad was unmotivated. I love that show- it is so inspiring!

LC Morning! Do fill us in on crack filling please.

Kara I have never done yoga, but think I would really enjoy it.

Ruth Are you ready to have a quiet house back? I love company and visiting, but it is always nice to get things back to normal.

Schmoodle We don't head back to school until the 7th, so I get a few more days at home. I have GOT to get the rest of my Christmas stuff down!!

Pacer, Gonna, Thin, and Cyndi Morning!!! Have a great day!

Me- DH is off for the next three days, so I am not sure what we have planned. Friends of ours are going out of town today, so we are keeping their daughter tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully that will go smoothly. She and Abigail are good friends, so that will be fun for her.

DH and I have our counseling session tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty nervous about it.... it is so hard to sit there and talk about our problems. I just pray that it makes a difference.

Anyhow, I am officially starting Phase 1 today- I know I said I was starting last week, but that didn't work out as planned.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #19  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

girls crack filling..... is when you tape ( like white paper) the ends of sheet rock together and then put the mud on it. when it dries you have to sand it. Then sand it again. It is a long job as you have to wait for the mud to dry inbetween. It is a job dh hates to do but everyone asks him to do it as he is a painter by trade.... I don't think he is going to do the job though as his back is still not quite back to normal... It is a year today since his surgery.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #20  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy New Year Chickies!

I'm a little late with that, but I was busy this weekend. I shampooed all my carpets, reorganized my pantry and laundry room, and put together two new media storage cabinets. And went shopping for a new dining room set, which I couldn't find in stock anywhere. Grrr.

Weight is down, but not back to where I started at in December. I completely messed up December's exercise challenge with my sprained shoulder, but I do believe it's healing up now (finally). So I'm starting new again today and making it a priority again. Right after I dig my way thru to the treadmill. Unfortunately as I cleaned this weekend I pitched everything "to go thru" or "to store somewhere" in front of the treadmill. Tonight's mission is to clean that room.

Have a good day!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning All! (And Good Evening, Kara!)

Today promises to be a fairly boring one at work. Beginning of the year with people out on vacation, but just not that much to do. I will definitely be doing a lot of surfing today!

LC: Thanks for starting us up and preparing the coffee. I'm terrible at making coffee, but DH says that I put so much extra stuff in it that I can't tell how bad it is! I'm on the same page as you with the reorganizing - I really need to get some done!

Cottage: Good morning and I'm sorry your ankle is still bothering you. Hope you get to start working out again soon!

Kara: I'm trying to take small steps as well; just trying to see what my body can handle. What a stinker Tom is for going out to play darts!!

Dawn: I hope that your headache gets better. Have a good day at work.

Cat: Sorry about all the dishes! DH and I just cannot get into Biggest Loser. I don't know what it is. Maybe we'll see if we like the people enough this season to watch. (For some reason, if DH doesn't like it that much, I don't really like it either! )

Phx: Have some fun shopping and I hope your W-I goes well!!

Ruth: I'm glad your pies turned out so well. Do you think Mel will be able to employ his freshly learned cooking skills when he gets home? Drive safely!

GonnaBe: Have a great day at work!

Stephanie: I hope you have a good day at work and that it's not too long! Keep getting better!!

Schmoodle: Have a nice, quiet day! Isn't it crazy how abruptly the holiday ends and everything returns to normal!

Kiko: I'll be thinking and praying for you and DH. I think it's great that you're getting help. Someone else's perspective will give you a fresh way to look at your relationship! I hope it's everything you and DH need it to be!

Me: Well, P1 was a bit of a bust for me. I wasn't able to get through the day and didn't even work out. I believe it has to do with my Metformin, but I'm not sure. I'm going to continue with P1, but eat a Luna bar pre-workout every day and see if that works.

Tonight is a 4-mile walk and an attempt to catch up on laundry. I started a new book that I'm really enjoying, but I'm going to try to pace myself so that I can get some housework done. I'm going to sit down after dinner tonight and make a "job jar". I have a lot of big reorganizing tasks I want to tackle, so I'll just put them all in the jar and choose one every Saturday until their all done.

Well, I need to at least pretend to be working, so I'd better get going! Here's some for all of us!! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 01-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #22  

Dixie: Another case of simulposting! DH and I had that problem as my workout room/office/craft room is the dumping ground for everyone. We finally moved the treadmill into DH's leather room and it stays clear. He's really the only one that uses it as I do dvds, so it's been a great solution!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #23  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Right now on the food network, they are doing dishes that for the most part are very SB compliant...lots of good ideas for our new year!!
They are also posting them on their site.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #24  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kiko thoughts and prayers for you and your dh at this tuff time

Dixie I think a lil of us all made it a new start - the holidays where pure mean
Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #25  
RNMOM

Default Brrrr.

It is cold today. We are at 2 degrees, but feels like -4 because of the breeze. Have a fire in the fireplace to make it snuggy inside. First day back in the ER today, so far it's quiet. For me it is day 1 of South Beach. I'm feeling good, but I do know the detox headaches will hit about tomorrow or Friday. It's my own dang fault.

I read that one of you is putting menu to paper....good idea, while it's quiet here at work I plan on using your idea.

Hope you all are doing well and feeling strong!
Hugs
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #26  

Kiko - Good luck with the counseling session. Robert wants us to go through counseling but I have made my mind up so I'm just not going to try. I know that sounds selfish but there are lots of reason. I hope it works out for you and your DH though.

I finally finished Brian's room yesterday and we got the furniture set back up and the fish tank and dresser moved back in. Brian finished building the new dresser that will have his gerbil cage on it so we set that up. We are just waiting for the pet store to move the gerbil babies from the back so we can buy two once they get big enough. We put up wallpaper cutouts of horses on the doors and bookcase too. They wouldn't stick on the walls but we hung two jigsaw puzzles with horses on them that we glued together with puzzle glue. It looks so cool!

We made his bunks up with his new sheets too. I wanted Brian to have the twin bunk for Robert's apartment and keep the full here but Robert says it doesn't look good enough by itself so he would prefer Brian sleep on an air mattress or cot or sleeping bag until he can afford to buy him a new bed. Seems selfish and petty to me when he could be comfortable but I think he is just doing it to spite me.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Today started out very early with Water Arobics...played Volleyball in the water...score: Both teams won a game.

Hungry as a bear after getting home but stuck with celery with Peanut butter. I hate celery but it sure tasted good when your hungry...

Going to have guest in for tea at one today and then Taco Bake and B. Sprouts for dinner...Yum Yum...

Lil Chick: I remember your husband having surgery a year ago...My still problem? My heart goes out to you both...Take care.

Notice my new name!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #28  

Hey everyone! Hope your day is great!

Ruth or Barb, could you "sticky" the January Exercise Challenge Thread? Thanks bunches!!

~Kim
Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #29  

I'm not a mod but Ruth or one of the other mods can do it. I'd better go look at the December one and post the queen now before Dec is unstickied.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #30  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

They are out to get me.

I thought the gift giving was over. I just received a big thing of chocolates and yes I have disposed of them They are trying hard to keep me from success - I am not giving in.
Closed Thread