South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default A Chick's Weekend Party!

Good morning friends. Been a few days, I miss you all!

It's raining outside, hard! Not sure I will be taking the pups for a walk in this, since I can't seem to shake this cough and stuffy nose thing!

I need to invest in a pair of snowshoes! I went with a friend for a hike on Christmas Eve with his dog and my two... The pups had a blast! My friend had a pair of snow shoes and came out with his sneakers bone dry. I on the other hand, my boots were soaked (feet were dry though) as were my jeans! I think I'll stop at play it again sports to see if they have a pair.

Alright, I need a cup of coffee, going to go start the pot. I'll be back in a few.

GOOD MORNING SLEEPY HEADS!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Our internet connection at the hotel is dicey so this will be quick. sounds like everyone is enjoyig their holiday/time off.

Lori - I love my snowshoes but don't have anyone to go with. Too bad you're not closer!

It's rainy here too. I'm hoping my car doesn't give me trouble this morning. Last night it was very cranky. The last time I had trouble was when I visited my Mom in October. I think my car just doesn't like being in NY.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

It's raining here as well. We're planning on finally going to Monica's this morning, since she's feeling better. We probably won't get to see Caitlyn, though, since she has to work until 2. She has to work every day up until she goes back to college next weekend, so I'll be lucky if I see her at all before she leaves.

I hope you're over your cold pretty soon, LORIANN. And good luck finding a nice pair of snowshoes!

CYNDI, I hope your car cooperates, and have a wonderful time in NY!

Time for a refill!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!!

Icky and rainy and foggy here....which means constant floor duty with dogs and people in and out all day long.

My oldest son and I brought my daughter to the airport last night and she texted around midnight to say she had made it safely back to L.A. Tomorrow, we have to bring my Mom and Sister to the airport to head back to N.C. We've had a wonderful visit, but unfortunately they both got sick while here with sinus problems. Today is the last day of holiday leftovers, then it's back to the beach for me. I haven't done a phase one in almost 2 years, but I think a few days may be in order after all of the holiday goodies....white flour, white rice and sugar overload. I did great with portions, but want to detox all that stuff outta me!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-27-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies!

Loriann & Cyndi- Snowshoes sound like so much fun!

Cottage- Glad you finally get to go visiting.

Femme- You will probably feel so much better after you get everything out of your system.

Not much is planned around here today. DD is reading a book and DH isn't even up yet! I will probably get on the Wii. I was surprised that I was on it for almost 1 1/2 hours yesterday. It isn't really cardio intensive, but it does get me moving.

Have a great day!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #6  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all. is it raining everywhere? my dogs are not at all impressed between snow and rain there house bound. i'm studying up on making a shopping list for the first so i'll be reading alot i guess.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lori - snowshoes are so much fun! Hope you feel better soon.

Cyndi - hope your car starts and stops giving you trouble. Enjoy your day.

Cottage - Sorry you won't be able to see Caitlyn. Have fun at your DD's.

Cat - hope you don't get sick! Good to hear that you had a good holiday - sounds like it isn't quite over yet!

Murphy - I'm itching to get a wii fit...maybe after taxes.

me4life - good luck with the shopping list. It gets easier after the first few.

-
LL is coming back to *hopefully* finish up this job. I'm itching to clean my bathroom floor....or at least instruct DH in how to do it

Coffee is on and breakfast is coming - family wanted waffles. I guess I should probably make a double batch and freeze some for baby.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  

Morning girls!

Cottage Hope that you get to see Caitlyn. Where is she working?

Zeff You are being induced on Monday, right?

Femme I felt like that the day after Christmas, it felt good to get back on track. I still have a headache, though, so I think I am still pretty dehydrated.

Me Good luck with your shopping list! There are tons of good recipes to try out on the forum.

Cyndi, Lori, and Murohy Good morning!

Tired this morning- I over did it at the gym yesterday, but it was fun b/c my SIL went with me. I would imagine that I am going to be quite sore tomorrow! Cleaning on tap for the day..... fun.... NOT!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, I have been MIA for a week

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

We left Colorado Springs yesterday and are now in Texas to drop back off the inlaws at their place and then tomorrow back to Illinois.

I have been off p this whole week have no idea what the scale will say when I get back home. Phase 1 coming for me that is for sure.

Had a wonderful time.

Hope you have a great weekend ladies and hope to be back on posting on Monday.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! The kids were at my mom's for the night and I took advantage and slept in this morning. I've got a headache so I didn't want to get up. The headache is almost certainly due to poor eating the last couple of days. I'm itching to detox too, but hopefully we can get through some leftovers today. I was going to start another round of Ph1 on the 1st, but I'm pondering getting started RIGHT NOW. There's no need to keep overeating for 5 more days, and the New Year's Eve dinner I've got planned with friends and New Year's Day at my mom's can easily be made South Beach. I'm kind of itching to get back to sanity. I miss feeling good. I have not been near the scale for a couple of weeks, but that may be just the kick in the butt I need to get me started.

zeff, good luck getting your floor finished today. You are getting so close to baby time - I am excited!
Kiko - cleaning for me today too - woohoo!
Hi again me4life! Have you browsed the Ph1 recipes on here? There's some great ones. Zeff is right, it's kind of labor intensive at first to make up the menus and shopping list, but it does get MUCH easier. It's automatic now for me.
murphy, hope I can get my hands on a WiiFit now that Christmas is over.
Hi pearly, hope you have had a great holiday with your family.
Cat, glad your daughter made it back safely. I'm sure you all had a wonderful time. Hope mom and sis feel better soon.
cottage, have fun with the kids.
LoriAnn, hello stranger! Hope all is well.
Hi Cyndi! Hope the car gets you back okay.

Well, today is cleaning day, as I mentioned, and I started cleaning out the summer kitchen yesterday (which is where all the spare junk gets tossed, so it's a constant battle), so I need to finish that today because I've got boxes all over the kitchen. I may try to sneak out and see Twilight with DD today, but don't know if I'll be able to find a showing, I may have waited too long. If not, maybe I'll take the kids to see one of the family movies that are out this weekend. Better get a shower and get started or I will be tempted to stay right here on the couch all day!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Loriann - sounds like a nice walk, was it in the woods?
Cyndi - have a good time with mom and give that car a kick in the butt.
Cottage - have fun at yet another family celebration.
Femme - must have been nice to see all the family especially DD.
Murphy - I have no idea what a Wii can do.
Me4Life - sounds like you are getting ready with a good plan.
Zeff - love your new avatar. DS is one lovely boy.
Kiko - have fun cleaning but enjoy your girlies too.
Pearlrose - have a safe trip back home.
Schmoodles - I will try to remember not to keep on overeating for 5 days. Its so hard to get back on the wagon. Hope headache goes away.
Me - I have been really relaxing. I figures I stood for 5 hrs preparing Christmas dinner and my legs really hurt yesterday. We were suppose to go up north for a while but the rain and fog is so bad, next clear day is Tuesday but I will have to start preparing for New Years Eve. We are going to some friends and its a really French Canadian reveillon and I make a few Fr. Canadian dishes that they think that I am better at then they.
Have a good weekend chickies
Sophie
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #12  
beachin'

Kiko - I'm having a repeat c-section on Monday. If all goes well, baby will be here around 2 p.m.

Sophie - thanks!

-
About getting the floor finished. Who knows if it will ever get done...the man is a moron. He moved the fridge to get something and broke two tiles which he is now pulling up, replacing and re-grouting. Also, since he absolutely refuses to lay tile the correct way, some of the fresh tiles in the bathroom have already come up and he is fixing them....DH asked if it would be done by Monday and LL said that he hoped to have it done today. I wouldn't place money on that, though.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #13  

It sure has been raining here. Sounds like it's that way in a lot of places. It was pouring when I was on my way to drop Brian off for Winter Camp but it cleared up just in time. We took Max with us and all the boys seemed to really enjoy him once they realized how friendly he was. I stopped by the vet this morning to get his weighed. He looks a little underweight but he's actually 87 pounds which is normal for a German Shepherd of his size. I've also got him licensed now. The guy didn't even charge me for it (it's only a $1 so he just said Merry Christmas).

I'm taking the tree down today so it won't be in the way when we move Robert's stuff out. I piled all the boxes behind the tree which might not have been the smartest move but I didn't think there would be so much.

The weather has cleared so I'll take the dog for a long walk once I get the decorations put away.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

It is POURING here! It was raining so hard all night and again this morning. When we woke up, all the snow and ice was GONE! Our driveway had a very thick layer of ice on it, so it was nice to see that go. The weather warmed up a lot, it is almost 50* today. It was so cold last week, nice for a change of pace. DH took the opportunity to take all our outside Christmas decorations. We are officially Christmas-free. I'm a little sad about that. DD didn't want to take the tree down, she was really upset about that. But it gives us more room to spread out with our new toys.
I went back OP this morning with breakfast and snack. I am trying to get the water in, I let that slide this past week too. DH and I got a gift certificate to our favorite restaurant for Christmas. We are thinking of taking the kids there tonight. I won't be exactly OP there (they have the best BBQ ribs and homemade cheesecake!), but I'll try to be good and enjoy in moderation (maybe just take a few bites off DH's plate!). Might as well sneak it in while I am not 100% back on the wagon. That needs to happen soon... tomorrow maybe?
Zeff - 2pm on Monday?!?!! This is so exciting!!! It is a boy for sure, right?

I got some books from the library today. I can't wait to dig into one of them. Need to work some this afternoon, so I'll try to hold off until this evening.

DH got some bad news about work today. He is probably losing a huge account... that makes him very nervous about the stability of his job. Of course that makes me really nervous. Trying not to think of the possibility of "what-if", but I don't know what we will do if he loses his job. This economy stinks!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-27-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #15  
beachin'

Jen - Sorry to hear about DH's job...I hope everything works out well.
I'm like 99.9999999999999% positive that it is a boy...I do have one girl outfit just in case
Closed Thread