3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   It's Friday On the Beach! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/129526-its-friday-beach.html)

cottagebythesea 12-28-2007 06:24 AM

It's Friday On the Beach!

:carrot: It's Friday! Funny, even though it's been a short work week, the week has seemed longer to me. :dizzy:
I got lucky yesterday and got to come home early. Cindy was waiting to take the girls to the movies right after we got back from the library. :) She invited me along, but I opted to make it an early day, instead.
Amber is coming along with me again today, and I think I'm going to take all the girls to Moonbounce for the day. I've gotten so used to the girls being in school most of the day, that they can really wear me out, being with them all day long.
I'm looking forward to the weekend, and I plan to take down all the decorations. We usually do it on New Year's Day, but I'm ready to get my house back to normal again.

GONNABE165 12-28-2007 06:33 AM

:coffee: Great morning to ya Cottage I know what you mean about geting back to normal. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend.

Going to the doc this morning for the yearly stuff and then gonna spend the day taken my grandma & aunt shopping - I love to shop :)

:wave: Hello & good morning to all the beach babes not yet at it - I'll check in on you gals later

femmecreole 12-28-2007 06:43 AM

Cottage, have fun "moonbouncing" and taking down those decorations. I usually have this house dripping in Christmas, but this year, a few poinsettias and some candles and a wreath were all I got to, so "take down" should be around 10 minutes!

Gonna, have fun shopping! You should be able to get some good sales...we want a report, please!! Hope your dr. visit is short.

Me..nothing special..just working and I'm going to put on a pot of chicken stew a little later on. Found some really cute little squash yesterday at our newly renovated grocery store...not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.
Happy Friday everyone!

GONNABE165 12-28-2007 06:49 AM

Hiya Cat Have a great day! I know you will figure something out for those squash as you always seem to make something delish

I feel so rejuvenated this morning with a newness about me - confidence - like nothing can stop me. Hope it sticks

cottagebythesea 12-28-2007 06:57 AM

Gonna, I wish some of your enthusiasm would wear off onto me! I have to get my act together and get myself motivated again. I'm going to spend the weekend preparing myself and my kitchen for a successful rerun of Phase 1.

GONNABE165 12-28-2007 07:10 AM

Cottage I am right there with you I am starting the new year with a bang. Phase 1 clean up and I just know 2008 is gonna be great! Good luck!

THINBYJUNE 12-28-2007 07:17 AM

Good Morning Ladies
Cottage I completely agree about the week feeling longer. I hope next week doesn't feel the same way with a holiday tucked in there too.
Gonna If you do find a way to bottle your enthusiasm and energy please send some my way.
Femme I bought orange cauliflower the other day just beause I thought it was pretty. I'll probably just east mine raw though.

Well, nothing big on the agenda today except continue to get the house cleaned. But I did manage to get some of it done last night and I promised myself that when I finish I can take that bubble bath and have a glass of wine. Have a great day everyone.

Kiko 12-28-2007 08:39 AM

Cottage I need to get my decoration down as well. Abigail really wants to keep the tree up a bit longer, but I am ready to declutter completely.

Femme Chicken stew sounds delish! I made a pot of chili last night, so that will probably be lunch and dinner for me.

Thin A bubble bath and a glass of wine sounds like a great treat! I do miss wine in Phase 1.... that is for sure!

Gonna Sounds like the perfect way to start a new day. :)

Me- More cleaning today...... it is going to be so worth it when we are done!!

Phase 1 Day 3 today.... hope I feel better than I did yesterday!

Ruthxxx 12-28-2007 09:09 AM

Good morning, Beach Babes. I dashed out to the road with my garbage a few minutes ago and it's fairly mild out there. I hope it melts some of the ice on the way to the barn. I took a wee fall yesterday and have a wonderful blue and purple butt to show for it. I know, I know! TMI.

Cottage, I'm with you on finding kids all the time tiring but it sounds like you have today in hand.

Gonna, I love that "feeling of newness" expression. Could you cough on us, pretty please?

Cat, "dripping with Christmas"!! I love it and sometimes feel that way about my house this time of year. I wish it would melt away like icicles.

Kiko, I have to leave my tree up until sunset on the 5th - darn family traditions. Remember that day 3 of Phase I is often the turning point so feel better.

Thin, great reward for cleaning the house. I just may do that this afternoon except I'll skip the wine.

Today isn't really planned although I need to round up a tall person to change three of my pot lights in the kitchen. It's either that or lug the ladder in from the barn. I plan to do a bit more organizing in my sewingroom and stash away some of my many quilt fabrics in the new plastic drawer cabinets I bought before Christmas. All the wrapping stuff can be put away too. I also need to list the "extra" gifts I have AND where I put them. I have a sauna that was converted to storage and things disappear in there!

Onward and downward into 2008!

And Happy Fourth Day of Christmas from the Four French Hens who as just "parlez-vous"ing softly this morning. They are much quieter than yesterday's calling birds with the annoying cell phone rings.

Kiko 12-28-2007 09:14 AM

Ruth What is your family tradition with the 5th? Hope your hiney heals quickly.

dixied 12-28-2007 10:07 AM

Happy Friday! I feel like I can finally show my face around here again now that I've stopped binging on Christmas cookies.

Cottage - I love those Moombounce places. Ours is called Bounce U, and it's quite a workout, I usually get in with DSS for about 15 minutes, and then I'm wiped out. How kids can do that for a couple of hours is beyond me.

Gonnabe - Have fun shopping!

Cat - Chicken stew sounds wonderful.

Thin - I need to get my house back in order too. I might wait until DH goes back to work Sunday. It's easier not to try and clean around him.

Kiko - I hope you feel better today, it doesn't last long but that SB "flu" is awful, isn't it.

Ruth - Good luck finding that tall person. I hope your bruise heals quickly.

Me - I'm only working 1/2 a day (which is being spent here online ;)) and then DH and I are going to see National Treasure 2.

phxsunflower 12-28-2007 10:09 AM

Good morning, I made it through Christmas, not necessarily on plan but I made it. Here is looking for a fresh start in 08'. Everyone on here seems to have done great. I admire those that have been battling the weather. I sure know why I deal with the 110 degree summers now. I will be out here reading like I have been and hoping there will be a phase 1 restart board for the new year because I will be one of the many. Have a great day and a safe one.

tomandkara 12-28-2007 10:19 AM

Quick check in for me before bed. Big day at the gym tomorrow with yoga class and the run there, so I'll feel better about my diet of cookies by tomorrow afternoon!

Kara

Kim_Star060404 12-28-2007 12:42 PM

I can't believe that it's already 11:45!! Our office is only short 2 people today, but we're still going pretty crazy because of the end of the month/year paperwork. I think I'm caught up for the day and I'll be able to post personals after lunch. For now, I just want to go eat a salad!!

~Kim

little chick 12-28-2007 01:43 PM

Afternoon chicks.... I just got back from shopping. Got a sweatsuit that I didn't like from Old Navy and in its place I got a great white robe, jammie pants, sweat pants and a striped sweat shirt. Then went over to the other mall where I had 100.00 in mall money and got.. a cute pink hat to match my vest, 5 pair of socks, 4 tank tops and a purse, plus I got two more pair of sweats and a sweater lovin' the christmas sales.... The eating is totally out of control. I am going to dig my book out and read it over the week end. As we are going to get another big storm on sat, and then get a meal plan ready for Jan 1... I am feeling to gross it is not funny.
Well must dash sorry no personals right now but I need to call a girlfriend to invite her and her hubby over for drinks tonight. Have a great day.