South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ahhhhhh! What a busy 3 days I have had! Friday I had 2 trainees in and what do I do but break the printer! Public Service announcment: If you are printing address labels do them in a "disposable" printer! They got stuck and then wrapped themselves around the rollers! My DH spent 4 hours working on it this weekend and it works again! I think the money the boss requested for a new printer should be given to DH for fixing it!

Saturday and Sunday were spent making and baking, oh and discovering I have no will power for that kind of stuff! Weather wise we lucked out, only got about 3 inches of snow with some ice under.

I've spent my morning reading and catching up here so I am out of time but will be back later to post some personals!

Oh and the pup finally has a name. Noah! "No" for short since I think he thinks that is his name anyway cause that is all we seem to say to him!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking

Steph I think All Printers are part of a conspiracy to exasperate their human companions!
Laurie I love Luminarias!! I wish Our neighborhood did something! I'm so glad your party went well!
Kara: Positive thinking rocks!! you're records will come in and we'll slip the scale an aspirin to get rid of the bug
Schmoodle I hope everything is ok with your fridge!
Thin Mondays should be outlawed! Maybe your scale needs some coffee so it can wake up and see your progress!
Cat that's so exciting for DD!! let us know how the chicken turns out!
LC so glad you had fun!!
Schatzi: are you sure you don't miss NJ we have a Lovely windchill factor of 10 today Take pics of your new place can't wait to see them!
Cyndi Stay warm!!
Cottage it's a scary hair day here too and I haven't even gone outside yet. .. I'm debating going at all. . .I might make cookies too.
Ruth you being snowed in made me think of little house on the Prairie! (the books not the show) Hopefully you and Hersh can Enjoy a slow day just relaxing.

Me- I made the pineapple Coconut Explosion Cake for MIL and Everyone including Super Thin super healthy BIL's wife went for seconds (except me). Eating was not great this weekend our schedule was totally off and T.O.M. (hi kara) was here so All I wanted was salt and crap. Got all my shopping done online and getting it shipped to where it's getting unwrapped! (PA PRessies are going to PA and the NJ pressies are coming here) the only person I have left is DH and NO clue what to get him!! There is a fiction class I want at the local CC but we'll see if that materializes.
The weather was too bad to go to my Mom's Xmas party (ice in the poconos) so we went to see the Golden Compass which was odd but good. Great Effects. I haven't read the book. But Nothing Can Supplant Harry as my #1 kids series. (Dear Santa Please give me the 2 dvd deluxe edition set of Harry 5!) My Mom got me the regular but I told Dh to get me the deluxe and we'll conveniently leave the regular at Mom's (she already watched it!)
I need to go find a sweater it's FREEZING!
Kierie
Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good almost afternoon everybody. Sorry I am so late it's been a rough few days. I woke up on Saturday 6am to T.O.M. and a stomach bug so all I did was hang in the bed or in the bathroom it was horrible my DH was a great help to me. Now this morning mu brother & sis n law woke up with it and now I pray my 5 month old nephew doesn't get it. It doesn't help that we woke up to 29* temps this morning and only have a high of 52 brrrrr

Cottage oh a big box wonder what that could be?

Ruth poor you and hershey stay safe & warm

Hi Ms Crockett glad you joined us and way to go on not smoking anymore

Cyndi shoveling snow has to count for some exercise right? Good luck! Bundle up and keep warm

Schatzi way to go on tackling the unpacking - the homey feel has to be great

LC glad you had a great weekend with the gal pals

Cat that is sooo exciting for your daughter do keep us posted

Dawn don't worry about that scale or it will have you going crazy it sutre does me at times

Hiya Schmoodle & KO Have a great day!

Kara sure hope those records show

Laurie go ahead and pat yourself on the back for a throwing a great party - glad it all turned out

Stephanie Noah - what a strong name

Okay ladys lets stay warm, be safe and OP all the way
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Looks like I'm missing all the chatter this morning!

Cottage: Congrats on coming through the party only having one drink in you! That would have been quite an accomplishment for me before being put on the Metformin. I hope the cookie baking is fun and the shopping excursion is productive!

Ruth: Stay inside and stay warm! Good grief! All that snow. I'll be honest, I'm ready for more snow, but not that much more! I still don't know how you do it every winter! I'd be a Kimsicle by now!

MsCrockett: back to the beach! I look forward to getting to know you better! Congrats on quitting! I'm the opposite of CyndiM. DH and I quit smoking in November and applied ourselves whole-heartedly to working out and eating better. It's helped a lot! This time we feel like the healthy lifestyle is a package deal and that it's easier to do it all at once! Everyone's different, though.

Cyndi: I hope you didn't have too much shoveling to do - what a great workout, though! Whew!

Schatzi: Congrats on finalizing the unpacking! I'm sure it won't be hard to find more bric-a-brac to fill the house! (I could send you some of mine! )

LC: I'm wishing I could go home and lay on the couch and watch Christmas movies. We watched Santa Clause 1 and 2 this weekend and they were so cute! Good luck finding a tree! Sounds like a fun day for all of you!

Cat: How exciting for you and your daughter! You'll have to let us know what happens! Hope it warms up for you - 28* is chilly!

Dawn: Sorry about the scale. I switched weigh-in days to Wednesday for a competition I'm in, but it is such a "weight" off my shoulders. I agree, it's much less stress. I also like it because I can do a "mid-week" weigh in on Saturday and see where I am. Hope you find something that works!

Schmoodle: I hope ya'll get the refrigerator fixed!

Kara: I'm glad you got such a great workout in! I wonder if you're building up your muscle mass and therefore gaining rather than losing weight. Are you losing inches? Just a thought!

Laurie: It's great that the party went well! Your party was MUCH bigger than ours, and I was really stressed! Sounds like you were able to get things done and really enjoy yourself.

Stephanie: I think Noah is a great name for the pup! How cute! DH should get a big reward for all the work he did on the printer. I'm glad he got it fixed. If you find a disposable printer, would you let me know? We seem to have a knack for breaking stuff in my office.

Kier: Sounds like you did a great job baking the cake! Good job not going back for seconds! WTG! Is the fiction class a reading or writing class? Either way - it sounds awesome! I'm kind of sad that I'm finished with all of my English/Lit college courses already. I may minor in English just to take more!

GonnaBe: Sorry that your weekend was so bad. I hope that the family feels better soon!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 12-17-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #20  

Ooops! Forgot about me!

Well, I made my mom's scarf last night only to find that the yarn I used (chenille) falls apart if you try to do tassels out of it. So, I had to dig into my stash and find some eyelash yarn to make a new scarf for her tonight. I also need to make my sister's scarf and my best friend's scarf before Christmas.

Other than that, still no vacuum cleaner. I borrowed one this weekend and took care of the house and hope that we'll find one while in Austin for Christmas. Also, my car has to go into the shop for a new instrument cluster. It looks like it will take until Friday to get fixed (which is just in time as we have to leave for Austin on Saturday). The other "bummer" is that we somehow ended up with a $200 deductible for warranty work. We're going to fight it, but we need the car fixed ASAP, so we'll have to pay it for now.

My mid-week (sort of) check-in was good and showed me at 210, which is another 2 lb loss. I'm again doing my best to make sure that it sticks for official W-I on Wednesday.

Well, off to work! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 12-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #21  

Hello all! Sorry about all of your winter weather! Looks like we may have a night or two of 40 degree temps here in Florida. Not bad, can't complain. Boy I don't miss that snow. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

Starting week 2 of P1. Ugh, I forgot about the holiday gift baskets! One of the local court reporters that we do business with brought in a giant basket filled with homemade goodies. So not fair. I've been trying to pass it around the office and to all clients that come in today to get rid of it FAST! And to top it off, the water cooler is out of service today, so I only had the one bottle I brought to work. I'm dying of thirst, I think my body definitely got used to the hydration. So I'm trying to keep this day moving along. Luckily my lunch box is packed with plenty of legal foods, and it's already 2pm here.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #22  

I'm working from home today because the startup company is supposed to be here between 2-4 to set up the diving board and teach us how to use the equipment. I scheduled it as late as possible since I know Brian wanted to be here.

I'm also waiting for them to fix our home phone that has been dead since Saturday. I called again and they should be out here sometime today.

MsCrockett - Welcome back! I remember you.

Last edited by Barb0522; 12-17-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

What a busy monday, thank goodness it is almost over!

Cottage Hope you got your shopping done today, I still have waaaay to much to do!

Ruth Hope you are enjoying your day in! Poor Hershey! Our new pup thinks the snow is amazing! He wouldn't be thinking that if it was up to his neck though!

MsCrockett Welcome back, I look forward to "getting to know you"!

Cyndi Hope you are staying safe in the snow!

Schatzi Glad to hear you are unpacked!

LC Hope your day went well, nothing like a bunch of snowbound kids!

Cat How exciting for your daughter!

Thin Sorry to hear the scales are being a pain! I think you have the right idea though with the mid-week weigh in!

Schmoodle Hope the fridge repair shows and it is just something small!

Kara Sending positive thoughts your way even though you sound like you have it under control!

Laurie I'm with you on the no dusting! I curse my christmas village on dusting days!

KO My DD is begging for Harry Potter for Christmas, I will make sure it is the special edition, thanks for reminding me!

Gonna Hope you are feeling better!

Kim Great Job on 2 more pounds! Sounds like your fingers are going to be working overtime on that crocheting!

Rubberduck WTG avoiding the gift baskets. You are a brave woman starting P1 during the holidays!

Barb Hope your day is going well. Stay strong!

Whew! Well after a complete disaster of a weekend eating wise, I have done well today. I think I need to just stay at work til New Year! Ok maybe not, guess I just need to lock up the goodies! Have a good evening ladies!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 12-17-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #24  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey night owls! I woke up this morning with a resolve to get my mood swings under control. I don't actually know how to do this, but I'm tired of being uncontrollably grumpy. Heaven help us all when I reach menopause!

The scale read 134 this morning but I didn't believe it so I only moved my ticker to 135. What is my problem? I think I have body image issues. I was looking at one of those gossipy magazines at the gym last night and there was a whole page on celebrities who were "too thin" and I thought all of them looked fantastic. Hmmmm.

Connor needs the computer to do his French, but I'll attend to personals later.

Kara
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

So apparently the weigh in this morning was just the beginning of more bad things to come.
KO I completely agree that Mondays should be outlawed.
Schmoodle January weigh in sounds great but I'm afraid of what I would do without some kind of accountability.
Laurie I'm glad your party and your weekend went well.
Gonna I hope you and your family are feeling better.
Rubberduck Good call on the holiday basket. It's so hard this time of year.
Kim Good luck with the scarves and vacuum.
Barb Hope they got your phone fixed and everything else is going better for you.
Pacer I love the puppy's name.
Kara Everytime I read those articles I just keep saying *airbrush* Nobody looks like that in real life. I read a post of yours where you said if your tummy was a badge of motherhood you would be happy to have it because you've got three beautiful children (O.K. not an exact quote but I couldn't find it again. But I know you said something like that) I personally thought that was one of the most beautiful sentiments I had ever heard expressed. Hang in there and when you're back in the states I'll meet you at the Grand Canyon and we'll throw our scales over together.

O.K. so I've picked Friday as my new weigh in day because, well, even if that turns our crummy it's still Friday
Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Dawn, you made me laugh and almost cry (I told you I have hormone problems!). Thank you for the perspective. And I will certainly meet you at the Grand Canyon some day!

Stephanie, I hope you decide to go home sometime before January! Noah is a cute name for the pup.

Barbara, did the diving board folks come??? Are you going to form a diving team? You should! When Tom was a kid, his parents (divorced when he was six and lived less than a mile apart) split custody every other day and every other weekend. He was at his mom's Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and every other weekend and at his dad's Tuesday and Thursday and every other weekend. It sounds crazy, but it was normal for them, and they got to see each parent pretty equally. (Made for a funny time in high school, as his mom lives three houses down the street from my parents, so every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday night he would be at our house in the evening!) I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

Rubberduck, great idea passing the gift baskets around! I'm getting rid of the cookies I baked by giving them away to Connor's violin, martial arts, and Sunday School teachers, and then we're taking a chunk down to an elderly couple down the street who seem to be pretty poor. Maybe a homeless shelter or women's shelter would take the baskets from you?

Kim, I can't believe you remade the whole scarf! I would've just given it to her without tassles!

Gonnabe, glad to hear you're on the mend. Hope your baby nephew stays healthy!

Kier, glad to hear the party went well! Sounds like your cake was a hit. I've been reading up on all that press The Golden Compass is getting and I think we're going to skip it for now. Maybe I'll get curious later on in life, who knows. Sounds like the series takes a pretty dark turn.

It's 11:30 and Connor is finished his schoolwork for the day! He really buckled down and got through it quickly today. We have violin lessons this afternoon and then martial arts got moved to this evening, so we'll stop for groceries on the way home from violin, grab dinner, and head right back out. I'll get a good bit of walking in today, at least!

Kara
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #27  

Kara, yeah, I would have liked to give it to her without the tassles. But, I'm new to crocheting and my ends weren't even - tassles are my way of hiding the flaws!

I'm going to work on a solution. In the meantime, the new one I'm making her will be beautiful (should have made this one in the first place) and done by tomorrow night. Just in time for me to start on little sister's scarf on Wednesday! I love it when CHRISTmas is down to the wire!! (Not!)
Closed Thread