South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default P1 starting today!

OK, so I was going to start Monday, the tenth, but I had corn chips and salsa last night in luie of dinner . So, I figured if I let ya all know I'm going to be doing SB I'll have someone hold me accountable! I can't just keep on going with no one knowing what my plan of attack is! If I do I'll keep cheating no one but my lonesome self.

My name is Lori and I just joined the boards here a few days ago. I originally lost 17 lbs on SB, but stopped working the program earlier this year and gained almost 10 back! YIKES.

I also joined curves a week ago. I'm hoping that motivates me, but I"m already getting bored with it .

OK, off for my bacon and v8. . I am going to stop tonight to get Lowfat cheese so I can make those scrumptious egg muffins. I've had them in the past and love them! Not only do they taste great, but they are excellent to allow me to have breakfast at 7:30 as opposed to 6 am... the difference being I don't hunger for lunch as early. I do have the celery and laughing cow cheese here, and lf string cheese! I think I'm going to make a salad today for lunch.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:45 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hi Lori...
You can do it...yes you can!!!!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Loriann! I'm glad you decided to come back to the Beach. And you're right, checking in here often will help keep you on track and accountable.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Lori. You can definitely do this. Good Luck!
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lori! It's amazing how motivating and supportive this board is. The recipe threads are great - you should check them out!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Welcome Lori! This is a great place for support, questions and a good butt kicking when you need it! You will love it here, if nothing else it helps to keep you honest and you meet some great friends in the process!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 126/119/100

Height: 4'10

YEA Lori! I'm new too! I started on Friday. Its much easier not to cheat when I know I have everyone to report back to. I have been a Curves member for about a year and I really like it....I think the people who are there with you make all the difference. The girls that are there at the same time as me are super fun and outgoing so that makes it go by really fast!

KC has been struck by the Midwest ice storm but I'm still at work today...Boo to that.
MandyCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Hi all, thanks for the welcome! Yes, I can do it! However, after I had the bacon and v8, for some reason I was still hungry, probably due to not having a real dinner last night, so I had a cup of Kashi cereal and lf milk and that seemed to satisfy me till about 11 when I ate my celery and lc. I was good for lunch with leftovers from yesterday, a green pepper stuffed with tuna (they all thought me weird, but whats new about that?). I cheated ... I ate a snack size snicker bar. GGRRR, and I'm hungry now so I'm off to get the chicken going!!!!!!!! Might eat a tomato to tie me over, or an apple. NOt really p1, but it's still sb friendly! ha!

Fem, Yes, I can! and Yes, I must. I'll be hitting 38 next week! and I am determined to lose about ten pounds by, oh, I dunno, new years? is that too much? hahaha!

Cottage... & Dawn These aren't the boards I was a part of last time.. I used to go to southbeach for beginners. I can't seem to get in there anymore, but thats alright, as I think I like these ones much better! But yes, Kara, the support is huge!

Stephanie, so I can expect you all to kick my batooney for eating that snickers bar today???

Mandy, I'm glad you like your work out friends! I think that's important! I try talking with them, but it seems as though I'm out of place! Could it be these women are all in their forties and I'm only in my thirties? Wouldn't think that would matter, but whats up with that?
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #9  

Hi Loriann

Just like you I have such good intentions then before you know it Ive ate some non SB food. I think I can come up with every excuse to start the next day. Like you I've had wonderful success on the beach in the past. Several years ago I lost 20 pounds and kept it off till I went into a severe depression and boy howdy did I pack on the pounds. These boards are so wonderful with so many positive and encouraging people. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by valentines but I really need to stick with the plan if I have any chance of reaching this goal. I wish you all the luck
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote