3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What's on your menu? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/128621-whats-your-menu.html)

femmecreole 12-13-2007 08:02 AM

Today and tomorrow probably won't be great days food wise.. (having a dinner party here tomorrow night that was originally for Saturday and I'm scrambling to get everything done plus work two jobs!)

B: Ham and spinich sandwich on WG "party bread"
S: Apple and live active cheese
Dinner: whatever kind of salad my husband comes home with...poboys for everyone else. He's in charge of picking up something on the way home this afternoon. (and mowing the lawn..hey, is sauteed grass SB friendly?)
Tonight: who knows..a handfull of nuts, a peanut butter cup?...yogurt?...a little salad?...some kind of mystery vegetable in a little container I find in the fridge?

tomandkara 12-13-2007 08:05 AM

I have a policy of not eating mystery food. Especially if it's fuzzy. Watch out, Cat!

Kara

cottagebythesea 12-13-2007 08:36 AM

Schmoodle, your soup recipe sounds good, I'm going to try it out one day. In the meantime, have you ever tried the Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Trader Joe's? It's absolutely to-die-for!!!!! I always stock up on it when I find it, because they can't seem to keep it on the shelves, it's so popular.
I ended up working late last night, so I couldn't eat my planned dinner. The girls and I picked up a plain cheese thin-crust pizza. I had 2 pieces because I was starving, but I didn't eat the end crusts.
Here's my plan for today -

B. oatmeal with frozen berries
S. nothing
L. pumpkin chili, grape tomatoes
S. apple w/peanut butter
D. Morningstar Farms veggie patty, roasted green beans, sauteed mushrooms
S. SF mocchachino pudding cup w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip

Schmoodle 12-13-2007 08:38 AM

On the menu for today:
B - eggs, turkey bacon, V8, and cawfee
S - refried beans, salsa and cheese
L - crab soup, spinach salad
S - latte and a peanut butter apple
D - Beef Stew and salad
S - ricotta creme

These end of the week days get tough! Obviously, I didn't do enough shopping last week.
You are adventurous Kara, bean brownies, radish home fries, eggplant french toast! I just haven't gotten the nerve to try any of these things.

tomandkara 12-13-2007 09:03 AM

I had to get creative or I'd be grumpy about being on Phase 1. I am on a mission to make the perfect bean brownie, so I've been eating through the batches of the "almost there"s. I've almost got it and I'll be sure to post my recipe when it's cemented!

Kara

Schmoodle 12-13-2007 04:15 PM

LOL cottage, did you just scrape the top off and eat it? Sometimes I do that and my family thinks I'm crazy! Did you like the pumpkin chili?
Oh, I just re-read and saw the END crusts!
I haven't tried that soup, but I've heard it's good. I'll have to put it on the list for next time if it's SB-friendly and if they have it in stock. I do love tomato soup. I was trying to recreate a soup I used to love to get for lunch at work, that was kind of cheesy and creamy red pepper soup, not tomato based. Kind of like pimento cheese in a bowl. It was close, but I won't really ever be able to recreate it unless I use cream, I'm sure.

Kim_Star060404 12-13-2007 04:54 PM

Here's my menu for the day:

B: Oatmeal w/ frozen strawberries, coffee
S: PS mozzarella stick
L: Oven roasted chicken w/ 1/2 T light may, 2 slices ww bread, salad
S: apple & light yogurt
D: Fiery flank steak w/ tomato jam, sauteed peppers, salad
D: Frozen mixed berries w/ light whipped topping

Schmoodle 12-14-2007 09:18 AM

B - turkey bacon and spinach/cheese omelet
S - string cheese, V8
L - Refried beans, salsa and cheese over lettuce
S - clementine, latte
D - WW pita pizza, salad
S - Ricotta creme

tomandkara 12-14-2007 09:24 AM

Please take note that this day included NO...I repeat, NO...cookies or cookie dough, despite the fact that I baked over six dozen cookies this evening.

Breakfast - leftover eggplant "french toast" with sugar-free maple syrup and scrambled Eggbeaters with salsa, 8 ounces tomato juice

Snack - plain yogurt mixed with sugar-free black cherry Jell-O powder

Lunch - egg salad over baby spinach with grape tomatoes (I don't love baby spinach anymore - used to, but I'm over it - realized that at lunch today)

Snack - bean brownie with a scoop of NSA ice cream and a dollop of fat free Cool Whip (this was my pre-temptation treat)

Dinner - roasted zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms with parmesan

Dessert - another bean brownie (Is it gassy in here, or is it just me???)

Just in case you missed it, there were no cookies in there. None. Because I am awesome!

Kara

GONNABE165 12-19-2007 09:17 AM

I think that stomach bug is gone for good and I am finally able to eat normal

bfast - sautee spinach w/2eggs over medium
snack - 1 serving of wheat thins w/wedge of laughing cow
lunch - leftover porkchop & cabbage
snack - 2 turkey cheese & lettuce roll ups
dinner - south beach bbq chicken green beans & south beach mashed potatoes

suzka 12-20-2007 12:09 AM

Today: 12/19

Breakfast - Oatmeal w/ 1% milk, SF syrup and a hardboiled egg.
Snack - cheese stick
Lunch - eggdrop soup with Quorn fake chicken pieces, mixed cabbage slaw
Snack - tbsp of peanut butter with a sprinkle of oats
Dinner - braised tofu with broccoli tossed w/ homemade pesto, toasted pine nuts
Dessert - SF popsicle

GONNABE165 12-20-2007 08:38 AM

Today looks like this

B-green bean & cheese egg beater omelet
s-2 turkey lettuce & cheese wraps
L-chef salad
s-cottage cheese & grapes
d-turkey burgers (no bread) w/cheese
s-sf ice cream bar

Schmoodle 12-20-2007 09:22 AM

This is a toughie today. My whole menu must be built around "things that must be eaten before they go bad."

B - oatmeal, milk, hardboiled egg
S - string cheese
L - spinach salad with turkey, cheese, egg, grape tomatoes
S - clementine, latte
D - not a clue

Okay, I admit, I haven't eaten a thing yet. Off to eat breakfast and ponder dinner...

TechieGrrl09 01-27-2008 03:50 PM

Oooh, ooohh! I love this idea!

B: poached eggs on a bed of baby spinach with crisped Canadian bacon dressed with extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, ground mustard, and salt and pepper.
S: 1 ounce almonds
L: leftover taco bake
S: cheese stick and 1 cup of milk
D: shredded, smoked chicken breast with BBQ sauce (SB friendly) and cheese quesadilla.

Schmoodle 01-27-2008 04:05 PM

Here's mine for today:

B - cheese stick wrapped in turkey, half a grapefruit, coffee with milk
Ate late so no snack
L - salad with turkey, hardboiled egg, lettuce, carrots, lowfat swiss cheese, goddess dressing
S - celery with LCLC, V8
S2 - caramel latte
D - refried bean soup
S - Greek yogurt with almonds and agave nectar