3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   In between Friday and Saturday chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/128067-between-friday-saturday-chat.html)

tomandkara 12-01-2007 02:58 AM

In between Friday and Saturday chat

Hi all! I know most of you are asleep, but I had to post and I didn't want it to get lost in the Friday post. Guess what I found at the commissary today? SUGAR FREE FUDGESICLES!!!! I can't believe it!!! I decided this morning to redo Phase 1 because trying to will myself into making good eating decisions while filling my body with bad sugars wasn't working. I need a fresh, clean start and since it's a new month this is the perfect chance to get myself back in gear.

I was also reading a Woman's Day that I found at the gym while I was on the elliptical today and there was an article called something like "Which Diet Are You" that I flipped through. It was supposed to predict which diet you'd be successful on based on your personality (whether you like to cook, whether you don't like to restrict certain foods, etc.). South Beach was the answer for people who *don't* like to cook because of the wide variety of frozen and pre-prepared meals you can get on the plan. WHAT? Does that sound ludicrous to you? I don't think the author even read up on what South Beach is all about. It was frustrating to me because if people try out the frozen meals and realize how awful they are, and then go around saying they "did" South Beach and it was horrendous, the diet gets a bad name.

I have to go finish up dinner, but I just had to check in and tell you guys about my find at the store! That will make my next two weeks of Phase 1 SO much easier!

Kara

femmecreole 12-01-2007 08:18 AM

I guess it would be "doable" if you survived on the frozen meals...but yuk!! I'd rather eat dirt. Obviously very poor research by the author. I would think loving to cook would be the main reason to try SB because of all the variety and how easy to adapt most recipes it is.

tomandkara 12-01-2007 09:18 AM

That's why I was so surprised that they picked South Beach for that personality type. Maybe Slim Fast or a meal delivery program or something would be better, but the whole philosophy of South Beach being that you're eating more veggies and less processed stuff just doesn't fit with the mentality of the prepared meals thing.

Kara

Stinger 12-01-2007 10:26 AM

I am glad that I learned how to cook at home on SB because the first time I tried a SB t.v. dinner I ended up throwing it out. I bought another one recently. I sure hope it doesn't taste like the first one.

LoveMySgt 12-01-2007 11:10 AM

You know, I just bought the NSA fudgecicles this week too! They have never had them at the commissary before, I know because I look EVERYtime I go.

Personally, I think SB is hard because I don't like to cook. Thankfully, DH does and will cook when he's home.

Schmoodle 12-01-2007 11:17 AM

Yes, it certainly helps if you like to cook and experiment. Fortunately, I do, most of the time. I've only tried a couple of those frozen meals and they were nasty. But I've never tried any frozen meal that I liked.
Lots of people have weird ideas about SBD. When they ask about what plan I'm on and I tell them, lots of times I hear "oh, I could never give up fruit", or "I couldn't live without my bread." At that point, I usually just drop it, because as much as I like SB, I figure just because it has worked for me doesn't mean it's the answer for everyone.