South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #1  

Default Saintplaty's Tale of Holiday Gluttony

Yes I admit it. I ate stuff I shouldn't have, and a bit more than I should have,. But I'm all done now and back to the beach in the morning. Funny thing... the food just didn't taste all that good.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Hope it was still a good day for you

I hope it was still a good day for you.

I felt peaceful about it. I slept well the night before, got up and had my usual breakfast, got the turkey in the oven and then talked to my mom on the phone. When my DH came home from church (I wouldn't leave the house with the oven on) I took a shower and then we ate. I loaded the dishwasher, put all the leftovers (a ton of them) in the refrigerator and then we watched several good classic holiday movies, played some board games and later that evening I had a couple of cold turkey sandwiches.

Gluttony? No. Ate until I was pleasantly full. Yes. Feeling compulsive? No.
Feeling blessed? Yes.

I hope you were too.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm right there with you. I cooked it and was really looking forward to it...it was my first "off the beach" day in over 8 months. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I thought I would and I didn't feel so great last night...not outright sick, but sluggish and blah and tired (I also got up at 3:30 yesterday morning)...guess it was the sugar and the white flour. I have no desire at all to eat any of the leftovers today. In fact I am feeling very "phase 1" today. I feel like I have to detoxify a bit for a couple of days. Everyone else was raving over the food and to me it was "just ok". So much for my anticipation of a feast.

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-23-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I ate the stuff that was important to me, and made it so there were SB friendly options there. So I ate too much, but it was all on plan and it was really yummy, and I'm happy today. This weekend will tougher than I expected though, tonight is another dinner, because my aunt and uncle will be in town, and my mom wants to have a birthday party tomorrow night for me and SIL. Too much festivity all at once! Very nice to feel in control on Thanksgiving, hope I can maintain that feeling the rest of the weekend...
Closed Thread