Thinking of starting South beach

• Hi, I am currently doing Fat Smash Diet and having success with it. I was thinking about switching to South Beach to switch it up a bit. I remember doing it about four years ago I know I lost weight but I don't remember how much in how long and so forth. I was just wondering if you could give me an idea on how long it took to lose how much weight.
    Thanks
  • Hi! I don't know anything about Fat Smash (although it sounds like a great idea!) but South Beach is more about a lifestyle change. As such, after your first couple weeks, you'll probably just lose one to two pounds a week. The idea is to have a steady, sustainable loss while you incorporate healthy lifestyle changes that will keep your body working well for years.

Hope that helps!

Kara
  • I lost about 7 pounds in my first two weeks. (I had already been dieting on my own no particular plan just cutting out things I knew were bad and exercising and in 4 years I had lost 83 pounds.) Then since I started phase 2 I have lost 3 pounds. So a totals of 10 pounds in eleven weeks.
  • I lost 5 lbs in the first two weeks (Ph1). After that I had a pretty steady loss of 2lbs/wk for about three months. The last 6 weeks or so I've been averaging between one and two lb week. All told, in almost 6 months I've lost 44 lbs.
  • Welcome to the beach. I lost 8lbs in the first 2 weeks of phase 1 for a total of 21lbs in 4months. It is a slow yet steady weight loss but thats alot better for you and means it will stay off this time. Good luck & keep us posted on how your doing.
  • Welcome to the beach! You've come the right place for support, we have a great group of gals here. This place is great for getting your questions answered and keeping us all in line! I lost 32 pounds in 6 months on SB and am now maintaining. I could not have done it without this place and it is still a huge part of my manitence! Good luck to you!
  • I'm actually thinking of starting too. I had a lot of success while I was on it a few years ago.
  • Going into Phase 2
    I just started Phase 2 a few days ago. I only lost five pounds in the first two weeks and was a bit disappointed, but have stuck with it because I feel great. I have more energy and my cravings for carbs are pretty much gone. I have also found that food tastes better. Anyone else notice this?
  • I did Fat Smash and it has a lot of the same principles...I love the Beach though and it was a bit easier since you can eat lean meats on it in the first phase.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
  • Quote: I have also found that food tastes better. Anyone else notice this?
    Yup, Kessa, same here. I especially notice it with broccoli and carrots. Carrots taste sweet for the first time in my life...and broccoli is actually YUMMY! It's awesome!