3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Just saying HI - Joined this forum today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/127091-just-saying-hi-joined-forum-today.html)

twinmomplusone 11-14-2007 11:18 AM

Just saying HI - Joined this forum today

I've been eating the South Beach way since July 30 & I've lost about 20 lbs so far. I used to get my daily support from another forum but since Nov. 7 I haven't been able to log onto the website (some kind of critical error). I've been hoplessly searching for a new forum & this looks like the one. I've been going crazy these past few weeks without my daily forum. It really does help keep me on track. With the holidays coming up I need all the help I can get.

By the way, I have 3 daughters, ages 7 and 3 year old twins. They are the reason I needed South Beach!

GONNABE165 11-14-2007 11:26 AM

:welcome2: I am glad you found us. I find it is easier to stay on track when I check in here everyday. Take a look around the South Beach section as we have lots of info there as well as a daily post. Good luck and be sure to keep posting.

Ruthxxx 11-14-2007 11:31 AM

:welcome: to 3FC and this South Beach Forum. Congratulations on your success so far. I'm sure you have lots to share.

jenne1017 11-14-2007 12:25 PM

Welcome to the Beach! Great job thus far! Check out the recipe section too! What Phase are you in??

:welcome3: :welcome: :welcome3:

beachgal 11-14-2007 12:30 PM

:welcome2: Twinmom! :wave:

I love the daily support, too. Make sure to check out the FAQ for tons of great info (I'm sure you can share some of your own!) and the Recipe Forum for lots of wonderful recipes. Congrats on your success on SBD! :D

I'm the oldest of three girls and my sisters, who are 4 years younger than me, are identical twins. I know how hard it is to be the older sister when you've got cute little twinzles to compete with. I'm sure it's not a piece of cake being the mom, either! You've got your hands full! Glad to have you with us!

cottagebythesea 11-14-2007 07:57 PM

:wel3fc: Twinsmom! I'm so happy that you found us and decided to join us on our stretch of the Beach! :) Come and join us in our daily chat thread, we look forward to getting to know you.

little chick 11-15-2007 08:16 AM

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...cartoon_54.gif

Pull up a towel and we will send you over a cabana boy....

Schmoodle 11-15-2007 09:07 AM

Hi twinmom, glad you found your way to us! The chicks here are great for daily support and encouragement.

browneyedgirl77 11-15-2007 09:18 AM

:welcome2: to the beach and :congrat: on the 20lbs loss so far. I too have 3 little girls 8, 5 and 2. Boy, do they keep me busy. I can only imagine what it's like with twins. You'll find a ton of support here. :)

twinmomplusone 11-15-2007 10:35 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome from everyone.

beachgal - You could probably give me a lot of great advice for my 7yo. She does have some issues with having twin sisters!

beachgal 11-15-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmomplusone (Post 1930980)
beachgal - You could probably give me a lot of great advice for my 7yo. She does have some issues with having twin sisters!

:lol: I can totally relate! When we used to go to Mothers of Twins events or meetings, we "non-twins" were called "singletons" :rolleyes:

I think the most important thing you can do is make sure that when people pay attention to your youngest ones, you also make a point of drawing their attention to your oldest and say something complimentary about her. That can make a big difference. People are just so fascinated by twins, especially identical ones, that they can't help but fawn over them...and the older one gets neglected. I'm sure you do a lot to make your daughter feel good! :D

Diva78 11-16-2007 01:11 PM

Welcome!!!