South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well,no Kevin! Grrrrr! I am going outside to chop down some fake bamboo and will pretend it's him while I do it.

No painting class this afternoon as the breeder just called and is free to bring Serena over for a wee visit with Hershey. It'll be interesting to see how Hersh (60 pounds) reacts to a 6 pound mite her in HER house. Melody and I will sit, sip tea and observe. After they leave, I'll take Hersh to visit Harry and give him the report. He's pretty much back to "normal" after his fall two weeks ago, normal meaning in the same state of confusion as before.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, thought I'd chime in on the auctions. I've been an ebay member since 1996! Mostly a shopper but I've sold some stuff too. I only put stuff up now if I know it'll fetch a premium - you know, too good to sell at yard sale prices. I made $100 profit on a purse once, and $40 on some shoes. I think it's very labor intensive, taking the pictures, writing a good description, posting, answering emails, packaging and mailing. I know people that scour yard sales, auctions, etc. for ebay resale, and I'm not sure how they make a profit selling low ticket items. Seems like your hourly wage would be pretty low. It's funny though, how you can never predict what will get hot and what won't. I put up a $300 piece of artwork once and didn't get a bid. I put up a $5.99 toy of my sons (Theodore the Tugboat) and made $30. It's crazy sometimes. But I've sure gotten lots of good stuff!
Anyway, hope your auctions go well jenn!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the extra helping of Laurie! OK, let's make a pact to kick each other's and get through this season with a loss instead of a gain! I'm going to imprint a mental picture of you in my mind threatening me with a when I'm tempted to over-indulge.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-12-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #19  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Morning ya'll!

I had a bad weekend food-wise. DH informed me Friday night that his vacation request was messed up at work, and instead of leaving this Friday for 10 days, they had him leaving after Thanksgiving. So I stress-ate my way thru the weekend, until he got it fixed with his job. I'm thrilled it's fixed, but mad at myself for letting it get to me. I gained back 1.5 pounds, but I'll be extra good from here on out and lose it before we leave.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #20  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Cottage: I make a decent profit on the right stuff. All the stuff I have now (29 items or so) is about a dollar and item to put up. I don't have a goodwill by me so the stuff like clothes would just be trashed. Better to make some $$$ than throw it out!

We'll see though. Between the clothes & Gamecube games I hope it will be a nice haul!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #21  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies! Just flying through real quick. I'm tired. Don't know what my deal is but no matter how much sleep I get, I'm still wiped out. Must be doing too much. I've been running myself ragged.

Helped Ryan move into his house yesterday, on my day off. Then watched football and went home. Watched some TV and forced myself to stay awake until 10 otherwise I knew I'd wake up at like 4am and not be able to go back to sleep. Was out like a light.

I've got to do my wall today, train 2 newbies tomorrow, and do 2 New Release/Game inventories on Wednesday before I get another day off. I'm sore from moving stuff yesterday already. It's going to be a longggggg week.

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving? Sheesh. High of 71 and storming here today, not that I'm complaining. I love warm weather and hate the cold. Hope all is well with you girls. Take care! Talk soon!

Lisa
Old 11-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #22  

Brian and I went to an Eagle ceremony yesterday for son's of two leaders I know. It was really cool. We also got to talk to two guys who are with the troop we are visiting tonight with our Webelos Patrol. Next weekend they are going camping and they'll be doing the climbing tower. I wish we could go but I've got to work on Saturday.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to work from home tomorrow since I have a 7 AM meeting. I'm going to try hard not to talk to my husband about our issues and wait until Wednesday night once Brian is gone to Sky Ranch. I don't want Brian to worry while he is on his field trip.

Weight is still doing well. I'm still down to 151.5 pounds. I managed to pass up cake at the Eagle ceremony and haven't even eaten any popcorn even though we have a houseful.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Barb, I just got myself back into the loop and have figured out what's going on. If that's what you really want to do, then you can do it. Doesn't mean it'll be easy, but you can. I will pray for you.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #24  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey girls! Just a quick post before I run into town. My in-room sink isn't draining so hot, so off to get some drain-o for me!

Today was an interesting morning. My heat has been broken so I put in a work order for my dorm. I was up late working on a paper due at noon so I was sleeping in a bit. My alarm was set for 10:30 but LUCKILY I woke up a bit before the alarm went off. I heard banging at the door so I jumped out of bed to try to find a tshirt to throw on over my cami, but the facilities worker just UNLOCKED the door! It could have been bad but I managed to get on a top just in time. But at least I have heat now! My room is nice and toasty and not chill inducing now. When he did his little infared heat sensor thing, he said my room was 50 degrees- and that was in the morning after it's heated up a bit! I'd hate to know what it was last night!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #25  
Tasha

S/C/G: 320/294/160

Height: 5"6

gas is almost 3.20 a gallon here in ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
The house is back in order, and I've been to the bank and even filled up my car. $2.99 a gallon for gas! It's so fustrating that the oil companies are jerking us around, while trying to convince us that their prices are justified. If that's the case, why is gas always higher on weekends and holidays?

I called it Motivation Monday because I have to find my motivation again. All the sudden my jeans are getting a little snug, and that's scary! This is a really hard time to try and lose weight for me. With the colder weather I crave casseroles and comfort food, and now we have the holidays fast approaching! But I did it before, and I know I can do it again. I just have to gather up all my will-power!

It looks like most of us have to work today, so let's enjoy it!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #26  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
! I'm going to imprint a mental picture of you in my mind threatening me with a when I'm tempted to over-indulge.
Cottage! That's one scary thought! Count me in on the support. I'll have to think of you and your tan, svelte figure whenever I'm tempted! I know we can make it!

Oh, Dixie, that must have been such a hard thing to hear! I'm so glad it's all fixed. Just spend some time thinking about how you can handle it the next time you feel like that, okay? Then it was all worth it.

Lisa, you're so busy...no wonder you're exhausted! You should make a trip to the doctor though, just in case. Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Being tired in spite of lots of sleep is a classic sign, though usually it affects people who are overweight...you can still have internal issues that cause it, like big tonsils. Sleep is so important to your well-being and your weightloss, so I hope it gets better soon!

Barb, you are a for staying out of the I'm sending tons of prayers your way, hon. I know how hard it can be to hold your tongue, but it sounds like you have a really good reason. I hope the talk goes well. Congrats on your low weight!

Choro, so glad you have heat, though it sounds like a shocking way to get it, especially in that cold!

Gas is $3.35 here in upstate NY. :P
Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Thanks Laurie! I think I just need to cut back on what I'm doing all the time. I'm up to socializing twice a week with karaoke on Fridays and football on Sundays, and I eat bad food at least once a week now, so I'm sure that has something to do with it too. Yuck. I need to knock it off. I'd like to have one day for housework and one day for NOTHING each week, but it doesn't look like I have the time, especially with teaching piano and needing little things done on Sundays. Going to rest up tonight though. Will watch Chuck and a movie and be done for the evening.

Gas is down to $3.17/gal here in Springpatch.
Closed Thread