Hello - Thanks - and a little ??

• Hi - I'm Julie, new to the SB forum, but used to post a long loong time ago on WW 3FC forum. In my 30's WW was the way to go for me had no problem losing and maintaining for a while, but once 40 hit - look out. I have struggled for the past 3-4 years. I couldn't stick to WW, hated counting, no amount of exercise helped. I tried SB once or twice, but really didn't "get" it. In the meantime, I'd gained back 25 of the 35 pounds I had lost and also "gained" high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Too many darn meds.

So last week I sat down and re-read the book and started p1. Then I found this forum and hit the "rosetta stone". Before, I had had problems with p2 and quickly gained back all weight I lost on p1. But this forum and all the info in FAQ and otherwise has set me straight. I didn't realize that "cravings" were actually those darn "hunger" pangs I got 1 hour after eating my instant oatmeal breakfast or granola bar snack. I didn't realize that you had to gradully introduce fruit/grain back into the diet (although the book does say that, the sample menus make that confusing). This forum and all the info is helping me understand the program so much more.

I start p2 Saturday and am planning on adding an apple to my afternoon snack w/ LC cheese. The only problem is I'm going to a college football game and need something to pack for my tailgate lunch. Not sure what exactly to pack. Any ideas ?

Other than that, things are great and I plan on staying with this plan both for my health (want to get off those darn meds) and my weight.
  • Buddy Welcome we are glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the recipe section. Good luck with your goals and hope to see you around posting.
  • BuddysBuddy! It looks like you are setting yourself up for success this time around!
  • to the beach.
  • Welcome, Julie!

I often pack salads when I'm going out. They're filling and are a great way to get your veggies in. I find I have more resolve to resist the things I shouldn't have when my belly *feels* full from all those nice, lush greens.

Have fun at the football game!

Kara

• to the beach... pull up a towel and we will send over a cabana boy for you.
  • Thanks for the great welcome everyone. Halloween candy didn't even interest me last night !!! Hope everyone has a great day. Buddy (the dog) and I are getting ready to go on a walk.
  • Hi BuddysBuddy, welcome to the beach! I had exactly the same problem as you the first time I tried SBD, I followed the menus exactly in the book and crashed and burned as soon as I hit Ph2. Going slowly definitely made all the difference this time. Good luck to you!

For on-the-road lunches, how about raw veggies and hummus, hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs, cheese and lowfat lunchmeat like turkey breast, the single serving size of canned tuna (pop top), marinated veggies, NSA hot cocoa in a thermos (if it's cold)?
  • Here are some on-the-go lunch ideas that help me.

1. a slice of extra-lean deli turkey or ham and a slice of lf cheese wrapped around a celery stick
    2. cut a pepper in half, stuff each with 1/2 hard boiled egg and a dab of mayo
    3. celery stuffed with hummus or peanut butter
    4. stuff a raw bell pepper with a veggie or meat salad of your choice
    5. soup in a thermos