I'm cold!

• I know other's have also been complaining about being cold. What are you guys eating to warm up? I really want something like Beef Stew or Chili.
    Anybody have any good SB friendly recipes?

Lisa
  • You can have chili it is good for you and full of fiber. The stew if you are on ph 1 is out. but Soups would be a great option.
  • There are lots of good soup recipes in the recipe section. I love the Wendy's chili recipe since it makes a lot and is easy to do in the crockpot. I'm pretty sure it is phase 1 but you can look in the recipe section.

I make the broccoli cheese soup a lot too but that one is phase 2. If you don't mind it a little thinner, you could leave out the flour and it should be okay for phase 1.

I also do lots of stuff like Cajun Turkey Sausage and Beans and other filling warm recipes. Tonight was creole chicken and shrimp made in the crockpot.
  • My favorite soup for chilly weather is the Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup. It hits the spot and really warms me up on the coldest days.
  • Thanks for the reminder cottage, I wanted to try that white bean soup.

I love to make all kinds of bean/ham/split pea soups, chili, quick chicken minestrone, Maryland crab soup, beef vegetable soup. I usually make at least one big pot a week. This week I'm trying the broccoli cheese. Let me know if you want any recipes.