3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Milk? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/125888-milk.html)

favepairobluejeans 10-27-2007 07:55 PM

Milk?

Today I registered to use the official South Beach Diet Website. In reviewing the phase one foods, I saw that a limited amount ( but generous in my opinion) of dairy is now recommended in phase one.

My book is about 4 years old, but I was still surprised to see such a significant change in which foods are now considered Phase 1 ( there were other changes too, but the Milk was the thing that surprised me most.)

Lisa

cottagebythesea 10-28-2007 06:42 AM

Lisa, we have the latest updated Phase 1 and Phase 2 food lists included in our FAQ section of this forum. Look for the stickies. ;)

GinaXOXO 10-28-2007 12:12 PM

How do you feel about the website? I was thinking of subscribing but I have the book and also love 3fatchicks.com so I am not sure if there is anything there that I need.

Also, I never follow menu plans.

Gina

Schmoodle 10-28-2007 02:57 PM

I haven't used the website. But with the book and 3fc I feel like I have everything I need.

favepairobluejeans 10-28-2007 09:20 PM

I guess the main reason I subscribed is because I wanted to be sure to have the latest information at my finger tips whenever I needed it. "Straight from the horses mouth" so to speak. I have found that the recipes here at 3FC are more creative( and plentiful) which suits me well since I am a more creative type cook than a bare essentials type cook.

Also, I have the book in my posession and my husband is working in another state right now and was feeling inspired by my success so far ( just one week in) and thought he would like to get going too. So we decided that the best way for him to have the information he needed to get going and keep going would be to subscribe. I have only been a member for a day, so I can't really say if I think its worth the money yet or not.

Lisa

amasam 10-29-2007 08:16 AM

I have the book that is a few years old as well, and the limited dairy allowance (specifically milk) in it was a problem for me, as calcium is so important for women and I can drink the better part of a gallon a week by myself (though it is harder to do without daily cereal!). I did not feel it was enough and incorporated my "cheating" right into my eating. I was relieved to find that it was changed, so that I could eat (drink?) things that I wanted and still be on plan.

beachgal 10-29-2007 09:46 AM

:o I must have missed the restriction on dairy in the original book. I never restricted my dairy at all, though I used only low-fat or fat-free dairy (except for an occasional serving of full-fat cheese). I still lost--and my cholesterol got better, too. :shrug: