South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Hump-Day Chat

Hey, we made it to the middle of the week already!

Good Morning! It's really dark out, but I think we're getting a bit of drizzle. I wouldn't mind if it rained all day, everything is parched around here.
I have a load of laundry going, and I'm trying to think what I can make for supper tonight. Work should be fairly easy, the girls have dance after school. I plan to sit in my car and read while they're having their lessons.

What's everyone doing today?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm stomping around trying to kick my own butt as I have way too many commitments today! I keep forgetting I'm retired. Right now I am off to the gym.

Happy HUMP Day! I hope it's not too much to manage.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all! Hope you don't mind my crashing and taking a visit from another forum. I miss my chicks!!!

Cottage - It's dark here in the DC area too. And FOGGY! But no rain...we need it too...

Ruth - Have fun at the gym!

Tonight is softball -- but my PT has asked me (told me) not to play anymore with my feet the way they are. Makes me sad as it was something I enjoyed that got me moving. I may HAVE to play if they are short people though. We'll see.

Have a good day chickies!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all you across-the-worlders!

Linda, I hope you enjoy your laundry. I don't so mind doing it or folding it, but I always procrastinate on the putting it away part. I don't know why. When I'm rich and famous and have my own psychologist, I'm sure she or he will explain it to me! What book will you be reading in the dancing school parking lot?

Ruth, good luck with all of your commitments today! I hope you got your harvesting in yesterday!

Jenn, I loved reading your little bio in your signature. Glad to hear you're a good lobbyist! I don't know much about lobbyists except for what I see in the movies, which is awful since we lived in DC for three and a half years!

I'm sitting here eating some pretzels, which I probably shouldn't be doing, but we had dinner at 4:30 this afternoon and then headed off to AWANA and I just got the kids to bed a bit past nine. Usually I "close the kitchen" at 8:00 but this seemed like a special circumstance. Plus, I *did* get all my water in today, so I feel like I'm doing well on the goal set for this week.

I've got a little toe problem and I'm kind of upset. I went running on Monday in old shoes that were new to running (left my running sneaks in New Jersey - OOPS!) and came home with a huge bruise under my right foot's big toe's nail. It hurts like the dickens to have shoes on, which is stinky since we have to walk everywhere here. Maybe I should fashion some kind of a pad or something for my poor wee toe...

Hope you all have a good day! It's great to be back!

Kara
Old 10-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Hump Day!

Cottage: We're in the same boat as you! I would love for it to rain all day! DH held off mowing the lawn last night because there were some drizzles in the area, but I told him if he wanted it to rain, he'd better get mowing. (I assumed Murphy's Law would occur.) Well, he didn't and it didn't. Hope work is easy for you and that you find something nice for dinner!

Ruth: Some days I feel like us chicks should high-tail it up to Canada and strap you into a cabana chair...slow down! (By the way, you're making me look bad! )

Jenne: What a bummer that PT isn't allowing you to do what seems to make you happy! Hope they're short a player or two ~ but I also hope that you don't mess up your feet more in the process. My doc told me to avoid something and that made me really upset ~~ of course, it was that I could only have one alcoholic bev. a week! I'm over it!

Kara: Ouch! I hope that toe gets better and that you can find a new pair of running shoes quickly! Glad to see that you're back. We've missed your posts around here!

Me: I was trying to use Autumn-y colors, but there don't seem to be that many. Oh well.

Well, woke up this morning and got dinner in the crock pot. Beef with veggie stew. It already smells yummy and I do believe it will be a keeper on the weekly fall/winter menus. I tried to wake up early enough to work out, but we slept through the dang alarm. The crock pot meal will have an hour to go when we get home, so I'll work out then.

Work today should be fairly care-free. I think the last of the statements will be ready to go and I'm not going to let my girls handle their postage. We've done quite enough for them. If the weather stays nice, I'll send my girls out for inspections this afternoon. I've got to get caught up on paperwork!

Tonight should be a good workout, tackling those roses I missed yesterday and more work on the baby blanket. I hope you're all having a great morning so far! Have a great day!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-03-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Kim, I think your autumny colors are beautiful!

Kara
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies! Dark here today also, light drizzle out that is supposed to let up by afternoon.

Cottage Laundry, ugh, what a chore! Good for you using that time to read, it has been a couple of months since I picked up a book, but that is due to this knitting kick my DD has me on.

Ruth Here is hoping for enough hours in the day to accomplish what you need to.

Jenne We would never consider you a crasher! You are always welcome here, we love the company!

Kara Ouch on the toe thing! Why is it that toes can be so gosh darn painful for such a small part of our body?

Kim Hope you have a calm, uneventful day at work today. I love those days when you can get stuff done and leave at the end of the day feeling you have accomplished something!

Me HA! Boy did I cheat at supper lastnight! I had made beef and noodles, mashed taters and corn, one of my favs that I haven't had in forever! I did eat a small portion though and didn't go back for seconds so that is an accomplishment in itself. Oh and it was wonderful!

On a funnier note, my DD and I were leaving the house at the same time yesterday morning and she was being picked up by her boyfriend and some of his friends. Their comment to her was "your moms hot!" Needless to say this embrassed her and they continued to say it to her all day long! DH overhearing this lastnight said, it must have been dark! He thinks he is so halarious! Hey I will take compliments wherever I can get them! LOL

Have a great day all and drink your water!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #8  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Good morning to everyone!

I've been a little light on the postings lately, we've got a new IT company "monitoring" our computer usage at work, but I've decided heck with it, if they want to see where I go when I'm not busy, so be it.

Ruth - It amazes me how much you do.

Cottage - What kind of dance do your girls take? I always wanted to take a tapdance class.

Jenn- Have fun at softball, someday I'm going to be brave enough to play team sports. I just hate trying to be athletic in front of other people, I'm such a klutz.

Kara - Ouch! I had toe problems a couple weeks ago when I got new shoes, not fun at all.

Kim - I thought the autumy colors looked good. It's hard to get into the autum spirit when it's still in the upper 80s here.

Pacer - Smack your DH for us. I take any compliments I can get too.

I left the house this morning without food, so it looks like a run to the grocery store at lunch.

Last edited by dixied; 10-03-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

Linda - sounds like you have a busy, yet fun day ahead. Thank you for the wb yesterday. I am glad to be back.

Ruth - remember to consider yourself sometimes. You are always doing so much...but maybe that is your attempt to do something for you because you enjoy helping others so. Keep up the good work

Jenne - You are so pretty! I love that picture. I wish I has a softball team in my area...I love to play.

Kara - That toe thing really hurts! My husband used to be stationed in Korea before we were married. Do you like it? How long have you been there?

Kim - I can smell your soup from here...sounds warm and hearty. Have a great day!

Pacergal - You go hot mama! Just refer your daughter to that song..."Baby, where'd you get that body at? I got it from my Mama!"

Me - Working my tail feathers off and trying to get caught up and on top of everything. Planning a victorious and productive day.

Take care ya'll
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #10  

Jenn- Hi! I was thinking about you just the other day and hoping things were going well. I sure hope you can get your feet taken care of soon. I know I felt so much better after I got my bunions/hammertoe operated on years ago.

It's raining here today. My poor kitty did not look happy when I let her in this morning. DH must have let her out before it started raining. As long as we don't get rain this weekend when we are camping, it will be fine.

District committee meeting went well last night. Lots of good stuff going on in the district. Tonight is our pack committee meeting and I'm the secretary so I've got to be there. I'm going to need to get dinner fixed first though. Last night I sold popcorn with Brian from 5-6 then came home and fixed dinner (London Broil with asparagus and mushrooms) while his Dad took him out selling and then went to my meeting from 7:15 - 9. I wish I could get his Dad to fix dinner while I sell with him since he prefers to sell with me since he does better since I am in uniform too. I will be glad when this week is over. It is just too busy for me.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #11  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

good morning chickies!!

Sorry if I not been on in a bit - I am have been working my tail off to get my house cleaned and the yard ready. We are ready to put it on the market - we will sign the papers later this week.

I am so excited about that...

I hope everyone has an OP day...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kara, my friend Molly used to run daily and has a toenail that consistently falls off, grows back, falls off, grows back, etc. I had one do that (just once thank goodness) when I was playing volleyball indoors. Ran forward and then stopped abruptly to hit the ball and my big toe jammed into the front of my shoe. Hurt so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Then I noticed it was all black once I took my shoe off. Eeeeewwwww. I'm really squeamish about that stuff but it's really not a big deal. I just have a thing with fingernails/toenails, teeth, and eyeballs. Again, eeeeewwwwww.

Hi to everyone else! I'm so awful. Took Wiggles to lunch in the middle of our project and had IHOP. Dang. My first IHOP experience too. My stomach is like "What have you done to me?" and you'd think they slipped tryptophan into my hashbrowns as tired as I am. I think I want a nap. Have a great afternoon everyone!

Lisa
Old 10-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Lisa: In my opinion, IHOP is the devil's food for dieters! I LOVE that place! Thank goodness the closest one is an hour away - God knew what He was doing when He moved us to the boonies!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey guys just a quickie
I'm at my Moms recovering from last friday...Gee it's like looking at all my old bad habits and saying HI!
ARG Post Grocery Rugula before we even left the grocery parking lot!!!
*foreheadsmack*
I'll try to get on tomorrow!
Kier
PS KARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we missed you!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Pacer, have you ever heard the song "Stacie's Mom"? Look up the lyrics. I have it on my iPod for when I hit my snag at about four miles. Gets me going for the last little bit!

Dixie, nice to "meet" you! Hope you fly under the radar at work. Could this site tie in at all with anything you've been working on? Or maybe you "accidentally" clicked on it when you were searching for something work-related? I'm usually all for being honest. Perhaps you could explain how we keep your spirits up and keep you motivated to be healthy, which will reduce your time out of the office... Just confuse them with a whole long run-on sentence and you'll be good to go!

Sunny, my husband's been here seven months now (well, this Saturday will be seven months). The kids and I got here two months after he arrived, and we just got back from a two month vacation back in the States for my youngest sister's wedding. We love it here! I wouldn't choose to come back over the other exciting opportunities we have (we're going to Germany in March!!!) but I wouldn't whine and complain if we did get orders back here. Where was your husband stationed? Did he like it?

Barb, I've been thinking of you and your scouting because we're getting Connor into Cub Scouts this year. Tom has been waiting for this since the minute he was born!

CJ, congrats with the house moving forward! Here's hoping it sells quickly for you!

Megan, I'm so excited for your dress fitting, especially with the incredible progress you've made! What's your count-down now?!?!?!

Lisa, one day at IHOP won't kill you (although it might feel like it's killing you for a day or so!). I'm lucky that I don't really care for IHOP. The fake fruit syrup and white flour pancakes make me gag. I've got my demons, though, as this recent trip back home has shown...

Kier, thanks for the welcome back! Good luck being strong at your mom's!

Kara
Closed Thread