South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #1  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Default What's for Dinner? (first week of October)

Just to get some help in figuring out menus, I thought maybe a "What's for Dinner" Thread may be useful for some of us to get ideas from each other? We could add to it each day? Start a new thread each week? Just a thought.

If anyone is interested, I'll start us out...
Today's dinner was:
Grilled marinated turkey breasts (bought premarinated at walmart)
steamed brussell sprouts
Salad (butter lettuce,roasted red peppers, black olives, grated parmesan cheese, thinly sliced red onion)
Dressing (garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning, sea salt, ground pepper)
Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

I will post yesterday's because I have to work late tonight and will be stopping at Subway to get a salad for me and sub for DH.

Last night:
Salad: mixed herbs and greens, tomato, green onion, lf cheese.
Homemade salad dressing: evoo, balsamic vinegar, grey poupon, s&p to taste
Mashed Cauliflower: cauliflower with 2 oz rf cream cheese, 2 tbsp rf smart balance, fresh garlic (about 1/2 tsp), s&p to taste. I do this in my stand mixer with the whip attachment.
Sauteed Onions and Mushrooms
Lean Chopped Sirloin Steak
It was very tasty--I had leftovers for lunch
Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #3  

Default My dinner menu for the week

I plan my dinners for the week on Sundays. Keeps me on track
I usually add rice, rolls etc for my hubby.

Monday- Chicken breast stuffed with ff cream cheese,chives & onion
Salad

Tuesday- Salmon
Asparagus
Salad
Wed- Chicken Piccata
Salad

Thur- don't know yet

Fri- Jalapeno burgers
some side veggies/salad

Sat- Taco bake
Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

What a great idea, Cat! I think a new thread weekly would be great!

Here's my menu for the week:

Monday (Cheat night):
Frozen Lasagna
Salad (Hearts of Romaine bagged mix)
Dressing (EVOO, tobasco, garlic powder, white pepper)
Texas Toast (Sliced bread, garlic, ICBINB Spray)

Tuesday:
Blackened Salmon (cayenne, paprika, dry mustard, garlic, chili powder, pepper)
Salad
Cat's dressing
WW roll for me and Cheddar biscuit for DH

Wednesday:
Chicken/Tofu Stir Fry (Frozen stir fry veggie mix, boneless/skinless chicken tenders, firm tofu, baby spinach, water chestnuts, green onions, sesame seed oil, low-sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, ground ginger, 2 packets splenda, Korean chili oil)
Takuan
Brown rice for me and white rice for DH

Thursday:
Veggie/Beef Stew (round steak, beef broth, carrots, celery, onion, corn, and seasonings in crock pot all day)
WW roll for me and Cheddar biscuit for DH
Salad w/ dressing

Friday:
Baked pork chops (marinate in SF Italian dressing 4 hours, bake with evoo)
Baked squash (summer squash, evoo, garlic, pepper, basil)
Salad w/ dressing

Saturday:
Steak - Choice Sirloin
Asparagus baked with garlic, evoo, and bacon
Salad w/ dressing

Sunday:
San Antonio Tortilla Soup
Fried corn tortilla chips for DH and baked ones for me
Salad w/ dressing

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-02-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Tonight
Refried Bean Soup
Salad
Grilled Cheese (WW bread with butter spray and 2% cheese)

Going to be Refried Bean Soup for the next 3 nights or so. A pot of soup goes a long way for one person. Going to the store Thursday to get stuff for vegetable soup. Thought of going through all my cookbooks too to see what else I could make for myself.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #6  
Michael Ann 1973

yummy ya'll
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #7  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Tonight I'm making either the Spicy Chicken Soup or White Chicken Chili.

I finally got to the grocery store last night, I swear we were down to a can of chickpeas and 3 eggs.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Lisa: That San Antonio Tortilla Soup in the P1 Soups and Stews forum is great for leftovers. DH and I think it's better the second time around!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

All this Tex-Mex food talk put me in the mood for Taco Bake, so that's what I decided on for tonight. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #10  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I have made myself get into the habit of doing up a menu for the whole week on Friday night or Saturday morning and then go shopping on Saturday for everything so that I can get it cleaned and ready to go for the week on Sunday. Took a lot of work at first but now it is second nature.

Lisa I have a lot of leftovers also, so I try to make things that will freeze for a quick leftovers dinner or lunch for when I can't do my meal plan for some reason. So far the only things I have found that don't freeze well after cooking are milk and mushrooms. I had to go from cooking for two to cooking for four. Took me awhile to get it figured out so that I would have leftovers for lunch again. Good luck on figuring out how to cook for one instead of two.

My dinners this week:

Monday (class night - have to eat while I drive)
1/2 chicken salad sandwhich (1 slice WW bread, chicken, celery, a few grapes, walnuts and a little mayo to hold it all together)
Raw veggies and homemade dip
banana (I really need a snack to keep me out of the goodies everyone brings to class so I take quick easy to eat fruit with me to get a sweet treat for myself)

Tuesday
Tacos with lots of raw veggies and WW shells
Chocolate pudding w/cool whip

Wednesday (class night again)
Leftover chicken salad from Monday w/ 1 slice WW bread
Veggies & dip
Banana

Thursday
Cola Chicken
Braised Kale & Black Beans
Peach Cobbler (sounds decadent but totally legal - 8X8 pan filled with fresh peaches sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with nessa's oatmeal bar recipe made with all banana - makes a great cobbler because even my heavy sugar eating friends love it too. I've used canned NSA peaches in it when I can't get the freash but it just is not the same. Can't wait to try a fresh berry one in the spring.)

Friday
Individual Pizzas - WW taco shell, ragu pizza sauce (only NSA pizza sauce I have found), turkey pepperoni, canadian bacon (peppered if I can find it), onion, mushrooms, zucchini, motz low fat cheese and a couple of chunks of pineapple
Spinach Salad - Usually dry
Leftover cobbler

OK need to go get my snack now because typing and reading all of this has made me hungry. Look out carrots, 1/2 english muffin and laughing cow here I come.

Last edited by Sheba's Mom; 10-03-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #11  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

Last night was Mongolian beef recipe that I found on another forum. I have been missing my chinese food ...

Tonight will be roasted pork tenderloin dry-rubbed with peppercorns and garlic/salad w/TJ Goddess dressing/green beans sauteed w/ garlic.

Friday night will be breakfast for dinner - P1 Belgian waffles with turkey bacon and chicken sausage...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #12  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

I made my own salsa cause I didn't like how much sugar they put in Salsa over here. this was to go with my mexican 'pizza'.

A small wholemeal tortilla that I spread lowfat refried beans on and bake for 5 minutes then I sprinkle l/f cheese and put back in the oven until cheese is melted an wrap is crispy. Then I cut it with my pizza slicer, spread over the salsa and make a small salad to go with it.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sheba's Mom, that's a nifty way to use the Nessa Bar recipe, making a cobbler with it! What a creative idea!'
BTW, go very very easy on the pineapple, we're not supposed to have it on SBD. Too high on the glycemic index! I have to confess that I'm guilty of occasionally indulging in a tiny bit of it now and then, though.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I made a fritata yesterday using the leftover grilled turkey from the other night...It was really good! I added leftover vegs and green onion, bell pepper, parsley, terragon, oregano and basil. I think I want a fritata pan now..it was a bear to flip. A great way to use leftovers and now I have a great breakfast this morning!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #15  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Cottage yes I watch the amount of pineapple I put on my pizza. I buy the tidbits when I can get them in small cans or the rings in small cans and cut them into tidbit size. I only put 2-4 tidbits on my pizza. Just enough to have a sweet juicy bite a couple of times.

I have discovered, in doing the SBD way of living for the past 3 years, that for the most part fruit is not my enemy. I can eat just about anything fruit wise and not have any cravings or sugar spikes/drops. The only one I have trouble with are apples. I can use apple juice to cook and bake with, I can eat cooked apples but I can't set down and eat a whole raw apple without having the cravings and sugar flucuations. My hubby's fruit trigger is raw peaches. It's interesting how we are all so different.

Cat I'm so glad you started this thread. I have been in a rut for awhile and haven't been able to figure out anything new that sounded good. So many good ideas in here. Thanks Chicks!!
Closed Thread