South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Wanderings

Good Morning!

Just thought I'd get us started before I run out the door. I'm off to Curves before I start procrastinating.

Be back in a bit, save a cup of coffee for me!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Work extra hard for me this morning, Cottage. I'll save you some coffee.

I'm still coming to life here although the Girls are at it full steam! It's Day 7 for Lucy and there are no side effects from her chemo so we may have dodged the bullet for a while. Two more weeks before the next one and I do think her breathing is a tad better.

My cold has settled in so I am skipping gym and hoping for a quiet day. I've already cancelled today's sandwich making marathon as they won't want folks with colds contaminating the 450 box lunches that have to be at the Ploughing Match by 10:30. The weather has been wonderful and the crowds are huge. I am trying to avoid going there and have managed to do my financial stuff online so far.

My first quilting class was yesterday and I've already learned lots of things. I did get a new and lighter sewing machine - not as smooth as my old (1975) one but works fine for the classes. I love my old machine but it's way too heavy to carry around! The beginners' project is a table runner. I don't know if I'll use it but it is definitely a candidate for my "giftable" box.

Donna come to clean this morning so I'd best do a bit of tidying. If my cold capsule works and I feel a bit more human, I will go to town to the optometrist. Did I tell you Lucy ate yet another pair of glasses on Sunday? Oy!

Leave some coffee for Cottage, OK?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #3  

Morning all

Cottage - Enjoy the gym!

Ruth - Sorry to read about the cold. I hope that your relaxing day helps it pass quickly.

I am kicking myself off P1 after only 4 days. I am actually feeling fine about it. For some reason I am not feeling great despite eating really well - so I am doing a phase 1.5 I had some sweet potato with my meal tonight and I perked up amazingly after about an hour. So with so much work on at uni I think it is best. Maybe the extra brain activity is needing more carbs

Well I can finally see the end of the light with my university degree - after 7 years I should say so Mamm'ing and being a student has been a very long slog, but I am hoping to finish in the next 6 months Only to go on to... wait for it... and advanced masters But I can't wait.

Wishing you all a sunny beachy day!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks,
Feeling sluggish this morning but I had another crazy evening last night and didn't end up eating dinner until 9PM. Hope to get back on track today. I knew this week would be kind of nuts, since I started out behind from the weekend.
cottage, have a great workout!
Ruth, Lucy is such a bad girl! I'm sure you're not too upset with her, considering.
Marianna, don't forget that lots of people get the "South Beach Flu" the first few days of Ph1, and are feeling much better by day 5. Eating dairy and beans is said to help a lot too. But I'm sure you know best for yourself. Best of luck to you with a smooth entry to Ph2. I got my engineering degree after I already had the first 2 babies, and with DH at sea half the time, and it is a tough way to go, but very worth it, I'm sure you'll agree!

Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-19-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #5  

Thanks Schmoodle! I actually felt like the detox hangover was not what I typically have. I have done phase 1 twice before and haven't experienced the exhaustion like this. The thing is that I have been eating legumes (mostly chickpeas and beans) everyday, about a cup per day. I will see how I go just introducing some carrots and sweet potato in for the next few days. Thanks for the advice

An engineering degree you say with kiddies - you super woman !!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #6  

Ahhhh, thanks for saving some for me!

Hey, Ruth, I did do an extra hard workout, even before I saw your post, so count us both as done. Hooray for Lucy, with her zest for life, I believe she may just get through this! Take care of that cold, I hope it doesn't get the best of you.

Mariana, I highly admire your determination to persue your degrees! GO for it!

SOSO today. I just booked tickets for a Thomas the Train event that is going on at the famous Strasberg RR for Saturday. Little Carley has always been fascinated by trains and adores Thomas, so she'll love that. I invited Amber along, too, and afterwards DD and I are going shopping with the girls. The guys will be busy tearing out the flooring and drywall in our basement, so we'll be well out of their way. BTW, the insurance claim went very well, thank goodness.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #7  

Mornin, Schmoodle!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Happy Hump day!

Ruth Hope you kick this cold to the curb soon! Glad to here Lucy is responding well to treatment and up to her old tricks!

Marianna What a trooper you are attempting p1 with your schedule, hope you can find a happy medium that works for you! I too got a degree with 3 little ones in nursing (which I don't use ). You rock!

Schmoodle Hope you are feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed here soon!

Cottage How fun does the train sound? I miss being able to take the kids to things like that, now I have to use my neices and nephews as excuses if I want to go see a disney movie or something!

Me I won't bore you with the work saga, it is the usual although I did have a very productive day yesterday! Last night I made a recipe off the foodnetwork site for some chicken strips, followed it to the t (my mistake!) OMG it was soooooooo salty! Needless to say my water consumption was not an issue yesterday as I drank 3 bottles after dinner alone!

Yes the lovely Corn Festival starts tonight in our town, it is going to be hard to convince the family to eat before we go up there but it is a must. Oh why can't I live miles away from it instead of being able to see (and smell) it from my front door!

Have a wonderful, beachy day chicks!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Geez I'm always running late!

Morning girlies! My day is starting a bit off because I had a friend call me at 12:45 and we talked until after 1:30. Nice talking to him and finding out what's going on in his life, but it was a little late. So then I couldn't go back to sleep until after 2:30.

Boss took me to lunch yesterday (doh.) I was relatively good but the sodium content is RIDICULOUS. I sucked down water because I was so thirsty yesterday and last night, and this morning I'm still swollen.

Had a mentally exhausting day yesterday and today I get to train Ryan a little more. Better get in the shower or I'm going to be late. Have a good one girls!

Lisa
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin', Beachies!

Cottage, you are so dedicated! I think that's fabulous! We'll save the best cup for you! I'm SO glad that the insurance came through quickly. Hope the finished product is even better than the original.

Ruth, I'm sorry you're still under the weather. I hear you on the sandwiches! Sounds like quite the invasion of your sleepy little town! I'm glad you're going to take it easy and love hearing that Lucy is doing well. Well enough to eat another pair of glasses, eh? I hope that you can get another pair soon...it's pretty hard to quilt when you can't see! Wish they had quilt classes here...must be SO much fun!

Wow, Marianna, I can see why your brain needs extra food! That's a whole lot of studying!!! Good for you!

Hey, Schmoodle! Sorry about the busy week--we often have late dinners and it really does throw everything off! I figure it's better to have a healthy dinner later than to have a non-healthy dinner on time. That's some great advice to Marianna. Some people detox in 3 days while others take as long as 5. If you still have cravings, Marianna, consider doing P1 until they go away.

to all the chicks yet to post!

Me:
Oooh, today is going to be a doozy. This woman with an extremely large chip on her shoulder is speaking to our Theology on Tap group (which I run) tonight. I am totally not looking forward to spending even one minute with her! But I have to be there early, make her welcome, and try to make sure the others have as good of a time as possible. The speaker came highly recommended by a friend but I had trepidations from the first e-mails we exchanged...I should have listened to my instinct! I spent half of yesterday fielding angry, rude phone calls and e-mails from her.

The big thing is to avoid eating in order to deal with my anger/frustration/fear/discomfort. I've got a good menu planned and I think I can do it!

I'm going to the gym after work--hopefully the workout's endorphins will put me in a better frame of mind!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning, everyone!

Ruth: Yay for Lucy! I'm dancing with you! I hope that cold goes away quickly. Did the furnace man make it yesterday?

Marianna: Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the college tunnel! I just sent in my application to go back to school and I'm feeling a little nervous about it. You're a great inspiration for me! Keep up the good SB-work. It sounds like you really know your body and that's great.

Schmoodle: Don't you hate those late dinners?! I hope things settle down for you. Have a great day!

Cottage: WTG on the great workout! I'm trying to be as disciplined as you when it comes to working out, but it's hard! I really admire your commitment.

Pacer: for tonight! I always have the salty problem with recipes. I always cut it in half or less. I can't stand the taste of salt!

Lisa: Sometimes those late-night talks with friends are the best, even if they do kick your butt in the morning! I hope the training goes well!

beachgal: Oooh, I hate dealing with people like that! I hope she's not as bad in person as she is via phone and email. What a crab! Well, I hope the day goes better than you think it will and that workout is just what you need!

Me:

Walked out the door this morning to a beautiful mountain sunrise. It's a cool 65* and feels great outside. It kind of stinks being in the office today, but I couldn't leave to do inspections if I wanted to. I've got groceries to get at lunch and the doggage needs to picked up after work. DH and his boss should be home by 4pm as long as the trip home goes well. They have one property to inspect, but the lessee shouldn't be there, so it will go fast. I'm ready for him to be home already!!

I'm going to do some cleaning tonight and then finalize the meal/workout plan for the rest of the week. The good news is that the jeans I bought on sale last week are already loose. The bad news is that the jeans are no longer on sale. I knew I should have bought a size smaller for later!

Well, time to check on the girls! Hope you're having a great day so far!

~Kim
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all.

I'm not as tired today as I was yesterday - but I did forget my Agave at home again... However, I did remember the coffee! DH made sure of that!

I'm late for a meeting, so gotta run... I'll try to be back later

Hope every one has a great OP day!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
My fibromyalgia hit like a hurricane yesterday. . .so I was off the beach towel in a major way (its Ironic the stuff that makes me feel worse is exactly what I crave when I feel crappy) DOugnut Pizza chocolate bar bleh!
Today I'm back oP with some cheese and my veggies from lunch.
I'm going to ask my doc about some new drugs approved for fibro.
Cottage you rock you are so inspirational. . .Now Trains my DH is obsessed! have you guys gone to Northlandz? its a miniature kingdom with a train through it so cool! also theres a great train place in Whippany. and if you go to New Hope you can ride the steam train to LAmbertville. We do a Lot of train stuff!
Ruth I'm Sorry you're under the weather take it easy today. . . The first thing I thought about your glasses was "OH NO. . .But at least Lucy's not letting the chemo slow her down "
Schmoodle I've been there so many times! How many people do you have to cook for? A grill pan and some Frozen Turkey burgers/individually frozen chops etc saves me a lot of time! Monday we had dinner in 15 minutes!
Marianna You're kicking butt! keep up the good work You know your bod!
Pacer even if you eat before hand! I'd have a very hard time with a Corn fest. . .I think I'd DH squirt me with a water Gun "no Kier No kettle corn. . .NO"
Lisa I always Want to call you Leezle and then I think of the sound of music! Those calls are great but a pain the next day when you try to function! Take it easy
Laurie I've been looking for a theology on tap in NJ! DH and I have been trying to find ways of meeting people our age who don't have kids or at least who go out! and also get back to church. Just remember your time with her is only temporary! and if she is truly sour you can offer her a well placed candy cane ahem
Kim that morning sounds divine!! Yay and Boo about the jeans can you do a direct exchange? maybe shrink them?
OK back to the real world!
Kier
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Afternoon chicks... again it is a quick pop in for me, I am sorry that I have been in and out like the wind lately. But there is so much going on right now and I am trying to get into that fall organized state.
I went to TOPS last night for weigh in and lost 1 pound, I really didn't deserve it but I am going to take it. I am sure that it is my water that I am drinking. I am back to a modified PH 1 today hoping that will get things moving again. Well gotta to dash it is nappy jammy time and I must take advatage of this time to do the lunch dishes and check my emails and maybe even get a load of laundry done. Have a great day chicks.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I am home today. For the last 3 days I've had (to be very polite) an "upset" tummy...been counting the tiles in the bathroom all night. nuff said. I am down 4 lbs though, but sure it is all water. No time for personals today...need to go get a little rest.

Re: Theology on Tap. My son is very in to that. (the son that has always wanted to be a priest until "the girl" came along...and she IS the perfect girl for him...love her dearly.)
Closed Thread