South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Dinner Menus for the Week

I do my grocery shopping on Fridays and this week I wanted to have the whole week's dinners planned ahead of time. Here's my week:

Friday: Cioppino, sauteed zuchinni, and salad, maybe sourdough bread (hopefully this will be a romantic dinner for two, so I planned something the kids won't eat)
Saturday: Mediterannean chicken with artichokes (new recipe, I'll post it if it turns out well)
Sunday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
Monday: Crockpot Turkey Breast Cacciatore and salad (I'll be out of the house all day) - Thanks Jessie!
Tuesday: Grilled sirloin steaks, grilled veggies, sweet potato fries
Wednesday: Roast chicken with grape and bleu cheese salad (another running around day)
Thursday: Cashew-crusted salmon, green beans, quinoa

I feel very prepared! What have you guys got planned?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #2  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I only planned a few meals--couldn't go shopping until yesterday and we will be out of the house a lot and then friends coming in tuesday. But I did plan the following!!

Broiled (boneless, skinless) chicken thighs in balsamic reduction with brussel sprouts

Grilled lemon-mustard chicken breasts and quinoa salad with fruit

Poached dill salmon with brown rice and a veggie

Yum!

Schmoodle, your menu sounds divine! I am so trying that turkey cacciatore sometime soon.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I don't have menus planned - yet - but intend to make some cold soups this afternoon. I'll make gazpacho from the SBD book (page 149) but with crushed tomatoes and cacik which is a Turkish cold cucumber, yoghurt and mint soup. I'll post it when I have the calories figured out. I also have a zucchini fritter recipe (Kabak Mucveri) from the Balkans which I'll test and let y'all know how it works.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #4  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

What a great idea.. I need to get working on the menu for next week.

Jessie, how do you cook brussel sprouts? I want to try but I'm a little intimidated.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Last Night I made Chili that tupperwared it up and the leftovoers got thrown into a pyrex with the fixins for my taco bake adaptation thats currently chilling in the freezer
I have a roasted red pepper dip that is eithr getting slathered on london broil or chicken
I'm going to make a boca and zuch and maybe spinach quiche
That should cover the 2 of us pretty well for next week
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I usually just try to plan for a couple of days since I seem to always have to run to the grocery store for something I ran out of or forgot..usually milk.
It seems like I end up buying food, then figure out what to make out of it...depending on what good vegs I run across at the grocery store or vegetable market.

A few minutes ago I was getting ready for our "date" this afternoon and was watching tv while putting on make up and saw this recipe so I just printed it out and want to try it sometime this weekend. We are going out to eat this afternoon, so I'll hit the store in the morning or after the movie today.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Cat, I like the challenge of trying to come up with something wonderful just using what I've got on hand. But I also hate standing in the kitchen at 6:00 wondering what the heck we're going to eat. I did that almost every night this week, and we ended up eating dinner at 7:30 or 8. I used to be really good about planning menus every week, and it's a big help after work knowing what you are going to do and what you need to defrost for tomorrow. But I try to plan to use up what I've got and to take advantage of sales and what's in season. Oh, I make grocery shopping far more complicated than it needs to be...

These are all great ideas! Looking my list over again, I realize it's very meat-heavy. That's because I inventoried my freezer yesterday and am trying to use up some things. Usually I make 1 or 2 vegetarian things each week. Next week, I want to try Cat's shrimp remoulade
Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #8  
Recovering Sugarholic

noleschick, I usually roast brussel sprouts (oven about 450) with olive oil, salt, and parmesan cheese.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #9  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Schmoodle, you really are prepared! Since I'm closing on the sale of my present house, preparing for the purchase of my new house in a week and packing as well as working full-time.....I ain't plannin' nuthin!

What I did last week and will likely do next week is roughly thus:

Breakfast: homemade low-fat latte
Lunch: fast-food salad with meat & Newman's light balsamic or sub sandwich with either ham/cheese or tuna salad on wheat bread
Dinner: South Beach diet frozen dinner
Bedtime Snack: 1/2 cup Bear Naked low-sugar granola with milk (which now seems like a decadent dessert!)

But I sure will use your menus for inspiration when I finally have a real kitchen again!

By the way, your weight loss results are AWESOME!

L
Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Well, I'll probably do:

Refried Bean Soup (Ph1)
Stuffed Pepper Soup (Ph2)
Black Bean & Rice Bake (Ph2)

And then some non-beachy things:

Pizza Cups
Pinwheel Dinner Rolls
Jalapeno Cornbread

But I absolutely LOVE steamed broccoli with a LF pepperjack cheese slice melted over it.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #11  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I'm so bad about preplanning meals. Whenever I mean to eat something, my roommate's friends take over the kitchen so I end up just grabbing whatever veggie is most handy and retreating to my room.

I have stuff for "refried" beans (mashed black and pinto beans), crab cakes, roasted chickpeas, carrot risotto, and pesto spaghetti squash. I'll be going to the store tomorrow though because I need to make some food for lunch at the beach.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

whats in the refried bean soup? that sounds good!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #13  

KO- Here is the refried bean soup recipe-

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111328
Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

It's quite yummy! It's one I get the stuff to make every time we go to the store.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #15  

I just wrote all the ingredients down for the Stuffed Pepper Soup- that sounds really good. We are heading to the store here soon.....
Closed Thread