South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach 7/28 - 29

I am so tired, gals. After the 45 minutes work in the middle of Thursday night, I started work today at 7:30AM and didn't stop until 7 PM. Started work again at 11PM and I'm still a long way from done now at 2:30AM. Our stuff looks good but we are dependent on another application which is having problems. Oh, well, whatever happens, happens. I did ask my team lead about some comp time since this will be at least a 70 hour week so that would be nice.

I've been reading the discussion about Taking Charge of your Fertility. That was a wonderful book when I was trying to conceive back in 1996. It helped me prove quickly to my ob/gyn that I was not ovulating and he put me on Clomid. That helped me ovulate and we were able to conceive and had Brian. I went off the Pill last December but am not wanting to conceive. I've had really long cycles since then. I'm only about 3 weeks late though so it isn't a big deal. I do hate not knowing when TOM will arrive but I don't like taking the time to chart every morning. My doc told me to contact him if I am 3 months late. I don't believe South Beach has anything to do with my issues. I've always had problems whenever I wasn't on the Pill.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Gals,
Barb I'm sorry you've had such a rough schedule this week. I have not slept either, for different reasons. DD is having a scary breakup with boyfriend, he's not taking it well, police were involved a couple of nights ago and he spent the night in jail. I picked up DH from the train station tonight and got home about 1AM, started trying to contact DD to make sure all was well, and find out when to expect her home, but her phone's off for some reason. So I haven't slept yet, she was going to the movies with some friends, but I have no idea where she is now. It's very hard having a 20 yr old in the house. When she turns up and if all is well, we're going to have a "chat" and set some new ground rules. I can't keep on like this indefinitely. If I'm still up in an hour, I think I'll just go do my grocery shopping. I need to get stocked up on SB food for the week, and plan my menus. DH is going to want to do some sightseeing with his niece today, not sure I'll be able to go. This is the third night without much sleep (none so far tonight).
Best outlook for the day is for DH to take the kids out to do something, so I can shop, cook, clean, catch up laundry, and maybe nap. I've invited about 10 family over for dinner on Sunday as a welcome home/birthday for DH, and farewell for my niece. I also need to change the lock on the front door, since DD can't find her key and thinks it may be at the ex-boyfriend's house. Anyway, it's nice to have DH home, even though we haven't really seen him conscious yet. He's pretty beat also, said he had to be up all night Thursday night to bring the ship through the channel. We're kind of a mess, aren't we? At least he brought home a big wad of nice money, just in the nick of time, since tuition bills are coming due very soon.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, girls!

At least I hope it turns out to be a good morning for both Barb and Schmoodle! I sure hope everything turns out ok for your DD, Schmoodle. Barb, you're on vacation this coming week, aren't you? You sure do deserve some R & R time, and I hope you can get compensated for the long hours you put in this past week, too.

We're getting ready to drop Jake's car off at the dealership for inspection, and then running errands this morning. I'll probably be spending the rest of the day at my son's house, helping out. Andrea and Tyler are going to come home today, instead of having to stay in the hospital until Monday. They are both doing very well.
Gotta run for now, I'll check back in later today.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning, ladies!

Barbara, I hope you get finished up soon and get some rest! You have been working so hard this week!!!

Schmoodle, I really hope everything gets worked out for your daughter. I remember college days being a weird time - feeling like I should be independent but still needing to respect my parents' rules. I'm sure your heart-to-heart will set everything straight.

Linda, I'm excited to hear that Andrea and Tyler get to come home today! Have a great time with the grandbaby!!!

I also chart my cycles and using Taking Charge of Your Fertility as my guidebook. It's a great method!

Time to read to the kids and put them to bed. Check back later!

Kara
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning all!

Barb: My goodness! If they don't give you comp time, there is definitely something wrong! I hope it's all straightened out and you have a peaceful weekend! Almost to vacation time!

Schmoodle: Sounds like your daughter and I have a lot in common! When I was 18 I went through that "I don't need my parents, but I don't want to pay rent phase." Throwing a bad ex-boyfriend into the mix can't be helping. I think you should definitely set some ground rules and hold her to them. I didn't and my parents asked me to move out. It took me about three weeks of being out of the house to realize what a blessing having a roof over my head and parents that loved me was. Our relationship has been great ever since and they have not had a single sleepless night waiting to hear from me since. Hope everything works out okay!

Cottage: How exciting that the little family gets to all go home for the weekend! Andrea must be anxious to get back to the comforts of home, especially after you've made things so nice for her arrival!

ME: Big house cleaning planned today. I'm having a crocheting-party on Wednesday and one of DH's best friends gets here on Thursday. I'd wait to do it Mon and Tues, but with trainer sessions and water aerobics, not much time. Another of DH's best friends is coming in this morning to help him cut down the two monstrosities (trees) that are blocking our view of the street. I cannot wait until that's done! So, that means we'll be bbq-ing for dinner and I'll only have to supply veggies. Yay!

Well, I need to change and get a workout in if this house is ever going to get cleaned. Have a great weekend!

Kara: Have a great night!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Barbara, looks like you and I had a similar day yesterday...I worked from 4am till about 9 last night trying to get a script to work on a site (among other emergencies) Got up at 4 again this morning and I'm all caught up now (so far)...now I have to tackle this house which I let "slide" the last few busy days.
Smoodle, I hope all is well with DD...with all the nuts around, it is so hard to make them understand they have to keep in constant touch.
Cottage, so happy Mom and Baby doing well and coming home...sure they will be thrilled over the clean house and food!
Kara..sleep tight!
Kim..looks like we posted at the same time...I'll race you on that house cleaning!

I am hoping no more work comes in today so I can get the house clean and then just relax..still fighting my sinuses, but much better today. I just want to chill out this evening and watch a movie or something and play Yahtzee with DH..we had planned to do that last night, but worked instead.
Our new puppy has a new game...called "dig in the water bowl"..she digs all of the water out onto the floor...great game, huh?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #7  

Morning chicks!

Quick post as I need to get some work done- my mom just called and offered to take the girls for a few hours so I can get my math curriculum stuff done.

Have a good day!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just posting a quick howdie hi. I'm going to lie down for awhile before work.

What's on everyone's agenda this weekend? Hopefully lots of relaxing things. I work noon-8:30 today but then I'm off tomorrow. I hope tomorrow is a good day for swimming.

Well, to everyone. Have a great day girls.

Lisa
Old 07-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #9  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Well, this is my first weekend on SBD I am going to stay on program! I have been really proud of myself this week, today is day 4 and I am not having bad cravings and haven't been tempted to cheat. I am a big junk food eater so I'm surprised! Wish me luck this weekend! Good luck to everyone else. Weezle, I'm hoping I get to swim too this weekend. With the terrible weather we've been having I can use a nice day in the sun! I want Sat. morning to be my weigh in day so that I can see progress and it can be my weekend motivation. So, i'm off to walmart to buy a scale!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #10  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey girls! I have a kind of lazy weekend planned. I'm meeting up with a friend for tea this afternoon and maybe a late lunch/ early dinner. If I can convince him, we could walk the 2 miles out to my favorite restaurant- but it might rain and that sounds daunting to tell someone :P I have laundry and stuff later to get to- probably tomorrow.

It's strange, I'm looking in the mirror and my eyes look SO big. I must have lost some weight around my cheeks but only noticed it with my eyes. My face has definitely lost a lot of it's roundness and is moving toward oval. Now if only I could lose some of this chin and the pouch on my neck!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

I'm off to bed but wanted to check in one more time.

Allie, hope you get to hit your favorite restaurant! What kind of food do they serve?

Stephanie, you have great resolve! Take it one meal at a time.

Lisa, I hope work goes fast for you today! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Kiko, get tons done with the quiet in the house!

Cat, I haven't played Yahtzee in so long! It used to be our stand-by power-out game!

Kim, hope the trees come down safely!

Have a great day everyone! I'll "see" you in eight hours or so!

Kara
Old 07-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #12  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

It's a cheap Mexican taqueria I have this thing where I love little seedy restaurants- especially ethnic ones- because they tend to be the best. The serve a lot of hard to make Mexican foods like tamales (which are not made with lard... so even if I can't eat them, I wouldn't feel as bad stealing a bite!) and menudo soup. Not that I eat menudo soup, but I like the option. :P They have a lot of SB friendly stuff too which is pretty rare for a taqueria... lots of grilled veggies and vegan black beans. And did I mention cheap? :P
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #13  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Question...

I am starting day 4 today and am 2 pounds down, is that normal weight loss for the first 3 days? I just want to make sure i'm doing everything right. I'm pretty excited about these 2 measly pounds haha!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #14  

Femme - We have a cat that does that. She loves to splash in her water bowl and makes a huge mess. We have to keep it at just a little bit of water.

Our production change was successful this morning, thank God! I finally got to bed just after 7AM. Finally at 10:30, I just couldn't sleep any more so I am dragging quite a bit. I will not comment on the junk my team ate while on the phone last night trying to stay awake. But I was eating a poptart when the application we were waiting on finally came up at 5 and we could start our final two hours of testing.

Yes, I am on vacation next week. If I don't get to start up an August exercise thread before I leave on Monday, I'd appreciate it if someone could just start a new thread and model it like the prior one. I will need some one to post the Exercise Queen since I'm not bringing my laptop on vacation and I won't be back until late on the 4th. Basically, top hours of exercise is the Queen and anyone more than 1000 minutes is a Princess. Sometimes I use a lower time if there are less than 3 princesses at 1000.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I was just watching food network and saw this great looking salad recipe.
I would substitue balsamic vinegar because cider vinegar is so full of sugar and of course substitute splenda or something else for the sugar..
but it looked great.
Closed Thread