South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Cluckings

It's a beautiful morning, yesterday's storms chased the muggies away and there's a fresh, cool breeze blowing right now. I just shut down the air conditioners and opened all the windows to air out the house.

Today promises to be a much calmer day than the past few. I still have to go in early and probably work late, but other than gymnastics camp, there's nothing on the agenda. We're going to the library this morning to check out some books on tape for the girls to listen to on their long road trip next week. Only today and tomorrow, then I'm off for 9 whole days!

Pull up a chair while I refill my cup. Let's chat a while.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I just went around and opened all the windows and am watching the glorious sun hit the top of the trees at the edge of the meadow.

My calendar is perfectly clear today and I'm loving it! I may turn off the phone, not answer the door and just keep it like that. I actually hope to spend some sitting and reading time on the back deck today. Donna came yesterday when I was at the doctor so my house is all spiffed up. Time to just enjoy!

The doc visit was not good, I'm afraid. I will need a total knee replacement and it's not going to happen for at least six months! In the meantime, I hurt and will just have to keep on with the Celebrex, Glucosamine and Aleve as nothing else can be done. I'll try not to crab too much! I am meeting with my trainer at the gym tomorrow to take another look at my routine as I'm not to do anything that hurts. Like walking?

Anyhow, another coffee and some deck time is about to happen. The Girls are delighted. They also hope to mooch some of my raspberries which have finally started to produce.

Have a lovely Thursday.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  

for you, Ruth, I think you're in need of some extra special coddling. I'm so sorry about the news on your knees, I was keeping my fingers crossed for you that there'd be a bit of good news. About the only good thing I can say is that everyone I know that had knee replacement has been very happy with the results. The recovery period is pretty tough, though. Knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel should help get you through it, though.
I know exactly how you feel, wanting to turn off the phone and not answering the door. That's my pledge for next week, and Andrea is forbidden to have the baby until after my vacation! Take care, Ruthie, my friend, and know we all care so much for you.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:51 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh Ruth, I'm so sorry about your knee. It's never fun to be in pain, and to know you have to wait so long for some relief... You'll be in my prayers.

Cottage, I'm glad your day is looking calmer. Really, anything would look calmer next to yesterday, though!!!

I just got back from the gym. I really need to get in the shower but I had to sit down for a minute. Of course, I sat down at the computer to chat with you chickies! I ran SIX MILES and made an incredible discovery! I LIKE running! WHAT?! When did that happen? It took an entire year of forcing myself to do it and working up to my goal slowly, but I have been able to run five miles at a time for about six months now; I even got to six miles today and could have kept going! But the breakthrough is that I actually enjoyed myself today. Amazing!

I'm going to hit the showers and wash off this nastiness. Cluck at you all later!

Kara
Old 07-12-2007, 06:53 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

If you hear this story today you know that it is me: Newbreaking story poor babysitter has been found in driveway after she jumped off the roof, poor children left inside with her dd's the poor woman is fine although she has huge bald spots where she has pulled out her hair.

Can you tell it is raining here again today. the poor kids are going shack wacky. They are even getting tired of crafts, games and stories, even Junie B Jones is not keeping them interested. Whats up with this weather anyway.

Sorry about the rant, I do feel slightly better.

Morning Cottage- Glad to hear you have a quiet day today.
Morning Ruth- Sorry to hear about the knee, hopefully the 6 mos will go by fast.
Me- other than jumping off the roof nothing planned. May try to clean out the computer room at some point. We are having a big community yard sale next weekend. I do feel skinner today so that is a plus.

Have a great day. I am sure I will be back later.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good eveing to you Kara, we were posting at the same time. Good for you on the running thing. I would like to try it, but so far I am all talk.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

LC, have you ever played restaurant with them? Make up menus and get out some old clothes they can dress up in and have a "fancy" lunch that they help prepare!

If I come up with anything else I'll post it.

Kara
Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #8  

L.C., do you have any cardboard boxes around? How about making a "cardboard city"? That's kept my girls entertained for hours. They can paint and decorate the boxes however they want. My girls like to bake when they're stuck inside, too. Of course, it's easier to handle just 2 girls rather than several. (PS) - When you jump off the roof, watch out you don't land on me! I jumped yesterday!

Kara, that's great that you enjoy running. I've tried it but it's not for me. My lasagna was delicious yesterday. I'll find out today if Cindy's family enjoyed theirs. She insisted I add a little meat to theirs, too. Ugh.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone!

I'm tiiiiiiiired. Couldn't sleep for ANYTHING last night. Went to bed at 10, laid awake past 1, and then woke up freezing all night long. (WHINE.) It's alright though. I'll make it.

I have a meeting in Indianapolis today. It's going to be at Ponderosa. Joy. Nothing like a buffet to help your weight loss. I'll be alright though. I'm taking a snack bar and I'll just try to fill up on salad and veggies or something like that.

Cottage, that vacation is almost here! I bet you can hardly stand it! DH and I have time to take and I think we've decided that we're going to take a week in August and have a garbage sale. Yes, I call it a garbage sale. We have SO much stuff to get rid of! I'm ready to de-clutter! I hope work goes quickly the next two days for you!

Ruthie, that sucks about your knee. My friend's dad blew out both his knees when he was young playing sports, so he had to have his kneecaps removed. Then this past winter, he went to walk down the stairs and tripped, catching his foot on the step and twisting his leg behind him, snapping the ligament that holds your thigh and calf together with the help of your kneecap (which he has none of.) Had to have surgery putting that ligament together and ugh what a pain. Then while on crutches, his wife went down the stairs and tripped, and ended up breaking her foot. They were both on crutches at the same time and had to get up early to dress each other and stuff. I hope your surgery, when it happens, goes as well as it possibly can. I'll say some prayers that your knee feels better soon.

Kara, I made that same realization last summer! I used to HATE running. Believed it should only be done when being chased. Then I dropped some weight and started, and I was up to 6 mi/day last summer until even running bothered my shoulder. I'm ready for my shoulder to be all better so I can do the things I like to do again. Good for you learning how to love running!

LC, sorry you and the children are losing your minds.... Hope the rain stops soon!

Well, I need to hit the shower. Time to get all fancied up for this meeting. I get to meet my NEW Regional today. I had just gotten used to the old one. That's alright, I understand I'm going to love this guy, so I'd better get moving. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!
It's an overcast drizzly kinda day here...a few dry times. I am really trying to get motivated to start some exercise plan...but my "get up and go" seems to be gone for the time being.... I know now that I'm on phase 2, I need to incorporate some kind of regular exercise... I let my self be lax during phase 1...no more excuses! Yikes! ... I think I'll check out the exercise threads for some motivation...

Cottage- Woo Hoo! 9 day holiday coming up fast! Have a great "calmer" day today.

Ruth- Sorry to hear about knee needing surgery, 6 months will fly by in no time! Mmmm! Rasberries! I miss getting berries...none here in India ...Enjoy your day!

Kara- Running fun???? Congrats! I wish I could say that. I need to loose some weight before I can even consider running.... my knees would die!

Little Chick-Rant away as much as you need to...it's less messy than jumping from the roof! LOL!

Have a great Day! Same to everybody yet to check in.
I'll try and check in again later.
kitty
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #11  

Hi everyone!

I am new here, my 1st post.

I just started SB this past Monday. I just bit the bullet and stepped on the scale this morning, that was hard! Ok, deep breath, at least I have a starting point.

I really hope this diet works!

I stumbled upon this site and after looking around it looks pretty cool. Lots of support, so I decided to join. It's always better to have buddies helping you with this, so here I am. I guess being new I won't be much help (lol) but hope you guys can help me.

Anyway, good morning!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #12  

Lisa- Sorry you did'nt sleep well , then have to go to a meeting to top that off! Veggies and Coffee! That'll get ya through!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #13  

Oceans13-

THis is a great place for support! Pull up a towel and stay awhile!
Feel free to post any question you may have, we'll try and answer them.
kitty
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OCEANS13, adding my to Idigal's! This is a great place for ideas and to get and give support. We sometimes even have fun!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #15  

Oceans13! So happy to have you joining us here! Have you read the book yet? It has valuable info that you'll want to have to gain a better understanding of this WOE, and, of course, you'll get a wealth of support and encouragement from all us chickies sunning here, too.
Closed Thread