South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Red face 1st.of all i'm not sure where i'm going from here..little voice says..'help'..& i do

hello..it's been aweek,and i'm not sure how to address this ..but a mess of emotional upheaveal...it seems my marriage may be over and done with..and i'm having a time just not to call him a mean/bad name here,even tho he does desere it...However, more importantly I just was told by my Dr. that my thyorid is inactive..and I need to take replacement possibley forever,which expalains the extra slo weigh loss for me....on top of that, my cholestrol is high,and geezus if that isn't enough my sugar is sort of hi as well...On top of this, my computer froze,and when i rebooted i had lost all of everything i had saved for the past three yrs. incl.pics,bookmarks,folders, EVERYTHING....Someone just shoot me...i DO NOT know what type of diet this new healthy life will bring me..one thing i do know, is whatever they say, is what I will be doing. It may be contrary to South beach, i may be doing quite the opposite..even tho i've lost weight on this..apparently it isn't workiing for my body/system. I will never give up on my health,mental,or physically..including emotional wellness. Today for the first time I attended a yoga class,with meditation afterward..soooo good. I recommend it. If you have some time in you day, a blessing for the best outcome for me/us would be most apprecaited..and I will stick with you until i hear otherwise..Many good things to you all..I'm focusing on CHOICES... choices
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

We will keep you in our thoughts. Tackle your day one minute at a time and keep your chin up!

Kara
Old 06-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Choices ~ I am so sorry for all you are going through right now. Just try to take it one day at a time, and with a lot of prayer, you'll get through this. "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under Heaven."
Old 06-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I so agree with the "one day at a time" theory. Things happen for a reason that you may not realize now and it's hard to know what the reason is.
I got divorced about 17 years ago (with 3 small children at the time). It was really devistating and so hard at time...but...I ended up going down to 104 lbs and ended up with the most perfect husband ever (not because of the weight either!) We had our 15th anniversary last month. My ex husband remarried about 12 years ago and is also very happy. We are both "nice people", but not the right "nice people" together...and we both adore our kids and made sure they were NEVER in the middle of any dissagreements we had.

There is something waiting for you down the road and this is just one turn in the road you have to take to get there.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw Choices, I feel your pain but also know you are a strong and intelligent woman and will get through this. I suspect that South Beach will be the way to go to regain your health - it worked for me! Yoga is a wonderful thing for your mental health and is even better when combined with meditation.

Hang in there, Sweetie. You have lots of supportive friends here on The Beach.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #6  

We are all here for you.....
Old 06-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

take care honey. We are here for you when you need to get stuff off your chest. I tried to live by my grandmothers famous words when when door closes another opens. Look after you first. Take care
Old 06-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh sweetie.. what a rough time you are having...

ya know.... one day at a time.... that's all you can do... and let me tell you that SBD dropped my cholesterol and my blood sugar and my blood pressure to all normal ranges...

so just go one day a time and keep on keeping on.....
Old 06-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Choices, you are going through so much! Hon, have you seen a counselor? It can really help while going through what you are with your husband. You'll have someone neutral to talk to and you can say whatever mean and nasty stuff you need to vent about your DH without hurting him or anyone else who might hear that otherwise. You can get lots of great help processing the divorce. A woman in my group therapy has been in personal therapy since her divorce and it has helped her SO much...you wouldn't believe what a confident, happy person she is now, a year later.

Focusing on your own health and your right to be happy and healthy is a great positive way to move through this. SBD will help with cholesterol and with the sugar issues, so it may just be the right plan in spite of the health news. Though the thyroid issue might seem awful right now, it's SUCH a blessing to find that out...it explains so much and you'll feel SO much better on the medicine! I've been so hoping to hear that about mine because it would explain so many things, but mine is fine, alas.

Take care of yourself and do what you have to do, hon. We'll be here for you!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #10  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Bless your heart. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I agree with the above posts that you may want to talk to a counselor. It feels good to have someone to tell you that you are right, even if you are paying them.

My mom has to take thyroid replacement, and It has helped her tremendously. It helped her lose weight and have more energy. You will feel so much better. We are all here for you. Hang in there.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7.5"

Thumbs up You all are such a blessing,Thank you-hugs-

many hugs to all of you,i just love having women friends..cyber,and otherwise. Women are wonderful..and i'm so glad i am one. I take all of your recommendations earnestly,and i will follow through..sounds like that one min.one day.at a time is good. it worked for me when i stopped smoking,and i guess i can apply the same stradedgy here. The councelor thing sounds good too,it would be helpfull for me to just let it all come out..Thank you again for being there so I could dump my horrible day on you all..maybe not the best format,but I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I am eating healthy..not allowing food to be my comfort,cause it is only a bandaid for the real problem. DH is outside today..even if there is nothing to do..we are still in the same house,not talking,not solving anything..just two seperate people under the same roof. What i'm most concerned about at this point is the stress..for me. Our children from previous marriages are raised..so here we are old pharts,goin g through this drama in our 'golden years'.. i will not feel sorry for myself..i will not. the next move will not be made today,but it will be made and i plan on surviving healthier,and wiser than before...easier said than done tho..eh? Blessings to all of you for your good thoughts, take care, Choices
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #12  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Choices, I am still a newbie but I can see the strengh in you through these posts and I am sure that strengh will see you through!! I want to add my words of encouragement and say that I'll keep you in my thoughts. BTW - my doctor is the one who recommended South Beach to me...he said that he recommends it to all his patients who have ANYTHING out of whack with their bodies...sugar, hormones, cholesterol, etc. because healthy foods in makes a healthier body! I applaud your decision to keep going!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Hi Choices,

First of all WOW, you are going through a lot right now. I agree with everyone on this post. You should take it one day at a time, because everything does happen for a reason. Keep up with the Yoga and no matter what, do what is best for your health. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers so that at the end of this long rough road you will find the peace that you deserve
Closed Thread