3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I have a problem with my pants... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/114508-i-have-problem-my-pants.html)

tomandkara 06-06-2007 10:23 AM

I have a problem with my pants...

It might not sound like a problem, but I think the issue is that I'm scared to buy a new size. I haven't been this size since high school, and I don't ever remember being under this size.

The problem is that I can take them off without unbuttoning them. Which means they droop and you can see my underwear, which would be "cute" I guess if I were stylish and wore fancy-pants underwear but I'm a mom of three younguns and if I get clean undies on, it's a day to run around and celebrate!

The reason I'm scared to go down a size is that even though I'm evidently losing in my hips, I don't feel like I'm losing in the belly. I still have that post-baby-pooch/spare-tire thing going on and I'm afraid it'll look like I'm squeezing a Nerf ball into a bell jar if I buy a smaller size.

Anybody else have this issue or am I a big kook?

Kara

Glory87 06-06-2007 10:31 AM

I have a rounded tummy even at goal and I look very cute in a modest low rise jean (1-2 inches from my bellybutton). Are you more afraid of your clothes fitting funny or having a de-pantsing incident in the grocery store? If the pants are so big they slide off while buttoned - it's time to buy some more!

ladybugnessa 06-06-2007 10:33 AM

Same issue here darling.. mom of 2 birth babies (grown now) and i'm all tummy all the time... when your pants can come off without being undone, it's time to suck it up and buy new ones...

Watercolor 06-06-2007 10:34 AM

Hi Kara!

Do you sew at all? Either machine or hand sew?
I am going down in size but too broke to buy new clothes at every size.
So I get out the sewing machine and just take in the waist a bit. You can also do this by hand. The rest of the pants look baggy on me, but hey, they stay up.:) If they get real baggy, I will bring in the whole seam, down to the crotch. You'd probably need a machine for that. Or maybe a friend has a sewing machine and would do it for you?

Baby tummy is a common problem. Does your tummy seem to be fat or loose skin? The beach will help with the fat.

tomandkara 06-06-2007 10:37 AM

You guys made me laugh out loud! If my pants fell down in the middle of the commissary it would be the talk of the base!!!

Out comes the sewing needle until I can get up the guts to try on some new clothes...

Kara

Pacergal29 06-06-2007 12:37 PM

Great post, funny replys! I have to admit it always used to make me mad at these kids these days going around hiking up their pants because they are either to big or to small. Caught myself doing the same thing the other day and just rolled my eyes at myself, but at least I knew mine was because they were getting to big! :carrot: I have the same problem though, don't want to spend the money on new jeans that I only wear on the weekend and friday due to working in a professional office until I know I am at a weight I am going to stay at. Oh the trials of losing weight! ;)

ladybugnessa 06-06-2007 12:55 PM

I am so blessed to be able to wear jeans to work all the time!

femmecreole 06-06-2007 12:57 PM

I have a couple of pair of jeans that are pretty baggy, so I just wear long shirts over them. (I have a thing for Men's oxford shirts and I steal my husbands!)

But what I mostly wear now that it is summer (and very hot here) is sun dresses. I order them online like from ebay express or go to a "dollar store" and get them...they span a lot of sizes of weight loss. Then I look ok when I go out somewhere. Man, oh man, I plan on going on quite a spending spree one day. I figure I'll be pretty close by about Novemeber when it gets cold here and want some courdory jeans and a BELT!

HoosierHeather 06-06-2007 01:07 PM

I'd love an excuse to buy new pants! :D

How old are your kids BTW? I also have three. I hear ya on the clean underwear being a good day. :)

tomandkara 06-06-2007 08:06 PM

Connor is five, Kadyn is two and a half, and Avery just turned one last Wednesday. Your baby is adorable!

Kara

oopsmyhalofelloff 06-06-2007 09:42 PM

I have the same problem. I'm now down 2 to 3 sizes from where I started and the smaller pants that I have from years ago are starting to fall off me. I have bought a couple pairs but don't want to waste a ton of money on clothing that I probably won't fit in for long. So, i'm trying to get by with what I have and just a couple that fit at the moment. I was thinking I might have to wear a belt soon.

fl_mom 06-06-2007 10:24 PM

Oh, I am in the same boat. It's so bad though that I am still wearing my maternity shorts and just rolling them. If I NEED to go anywhere, I have to put on jeans because I do have a pair of them to fit but omgosh, it's too hot here to wear jeans!

(HAHA about your pants falling down in the commissary, I almost had that happen to me once)

Bauhaus Betty 06-06-2007 11:41 PM

I hear everyone on not wanting to spend a ton of money on clothes that will (hopefully) not fit for very long. For most of my in-between clothes, I've been shopping second-hand stores and consignment shops.

Otherwise I just do some creative belting :D

WindyCityChick 06-07-2007 12:07 AM

Yes, I have to agree, if the pants are falling down, you need a new pair. I've used Target and Old Navy as a good way to find cheap in-between clothes. And I know that even then, I was a little too slow in moving to new sizes sometimes - I had a good friend tell me that I was not allowed to wear my "flabby ***" jeans in public anymore, and she was right - they were way too loose, and I looked a heck of a lot better when I got a pair that fit. (not to mention the joy of fitting into size 10 jeans!)

kitkatbahr 06-07-2007 12:37 PM

Can you say BELT??? LOL I had to do the same thing. Only bad part is that I had to start wearing a belt on my NEW capris I just bought less than two weeks ago. They fit then, but I've already lost enough in the waist that it made a difference. I bought them cheap though, at DD's Discounts (affiliate of Ross Dress for Less) for $10.95 or something like that. I really love them though and want to wear them for a bit, so I figured once the belt no longer works, I will take them in a bit at the waist.

My biggest problem was finding a belt that fit! Most at "regular stores", such as Walmart, Target, etc. usually only go up to Large or XL where the XL may or may not fit. I wear a size 20 pants, so I am not "that" big. What do people do that have a really large waist? Do they have to wear men's belts or something?

Good luck with your losing. Sounds like you need to go shopping.

By the way, I hear ya on the not wanting to spend money on clothes I won't be wearing for a long time. I was the same way and still am. I buy alot in thrift shops (no consignment shops here) but also at discount stores, clearance racks, etc. Up until a month ago, I was happy with anything that fit. Then, one day I decided I really need to dress the body I have NOW to make me feel good with what I am wearing. Even though I am not at the weight I want to be and have a loooonnnnnng way to go, I feel so much better to wear fashionable clothes that are somewhat in style and fit ok. I deserve it, and feel much more confident in myself, which helps promote the continuing weightloss, cause I like the way I look and feel, RIGHT NOW, THIS MINUTE. Not "one day, when I lose weight or reach xxx goal", then I will buy myself something nice. Nope, not anymore. I deserve to look nice and feel good now. I even went and got myself a hair cut that I really like. What a difference in how I feel about myself, how I carry myself, how I treat myself, etc. Don't wait indefinitely, reward yourself now too.

Look at it this way. I can go buy a really cute top at DD's Discounts for the same amount or less than a meal at a fast food restaurant!! Guess what I'd rather buy! LOL Yeah, I have quite a few new cute shirts! Every time I get the urge to buy myself some Wendy's, I go buy myself a $5.00 shirt instead! LOL LOL :)

Good luck.
Kathy Bahr

P.S I gotta figure out how to change the ticker. I am down to 248 now, so that's a good thing, right?
Merriitt Island, FL