South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Beachers - Week starting June 3

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #2  

Today is day 5 for me, and so far still so good! It's amazing, the cravings are getting fewer and fewer. YAY!!!! I've lost quite a bit of weight, 10.5 pounds as of this morning. That seems a little too quick for me? I don't want to lose weight too fast and end up with flappy skin. I'm definitely not watching calories - I'm eating more now than I usually do!
Old 06-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #3  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

I'm starting (again) tomorrow. This time I've joined a local "fit club" through MySpace and we're doing a weekly contest and a grand prize so I'm hoping that will help keep me motivated.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone!!
I plan on starting tomm., this will be my 2nd time, I only lasted 2 days, but I have more will power now, and sick of Jenny Craig foods`!!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4"

Count me in! I started Phase 1 at New Years, lost 25 pounds, and promptly got off track. I was done in by one dinner! My sister-in-law made me a meal of fried chicken, cornbread, a baked potato, and macaroni and cheese although she knew I was on a diet. It wasn't malicious on her part, that is just the way she cooks (and never gains weight). We can't help it here in Kentucky. We have an intrinsic love of fried chicken.

I love this diet, although my husband calls it the "Starvation Beach Diet." He doesn't understand how it is so effective at naturally eliminating cravings for sugars and binge eating. He just sees me eating celery with Laughing Cow cheese and cringes. Any tips on getting a husband to eat SB style without realizing it?

By the way, I also felt a little greasy and hot when I started. I thought it was just me, but I think my body may have been detoxing due to all the water I was drinking and the types of foods I was eating.

Last edited by Ladysadie; 06-03-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #6  

Since you limit carbs, is the belly fat the first to go??
This is my menu for tomm. does this look okay?

b- 2 eggs
s-yogurt
l-salad, wishbone spritzer dressing
s- string cheese
d- flounder, broccoli, garlic
Old 06-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4"

Your meal sounds good, except it seems that you're only eating about 900 calories (give or take). That seems awfully light. Can you do it? Is it even safe to try? Maybe add a handful of almonds somewhere? I'm not sure.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #8  

Sorry, this is a rant!!! A little 2 much beer!

Honestly, right now as it is, except on the couple of splurges, like today. Im barely eating 1200 calories, its been like this since I started Jenny Craig a couple of weeks ago, Im very satisfied with the weight loss, considering I eat Junk food, and beer. But I make sure I dont go over 1200 calories. I know this is just awful. When I sit here and think about it, I need something strict. I need something with not alot of carbs. I absoultely love carbs, I love everything that made me fat. And how I got fat was by carbs. I never understood why I was overweight because I didnt eat alot. But I ate awful, carb packed food. Now being 19 with this big belly, I completly get it. Finally!! How could I love something so much that it can make me this miserable? I have no idea, but I cant do this to my self anymore. I just cant, and I wont. I get that carbs could count as a very big part as why Im overweight, I dont eat good carbs. But there probaly is another reason. (still workng on that one) With my weight loss, Ive contemplated ever single unhealthy way to loss weight, even went though with them for some time.

WOW!! So sorry for this long post, just had to get this off my mind.
Okay well maybe if I can detox my body from all the carbs and just not good food. And I find a way to actually stick to something, maybe 900 calories isnt so bad for 2 weeks, why I rid my body all these bad things. If this can get my mind off of constantly thinking of food, maybe its worth it. It will probaly be a little more than 900 calories, Ill probaly add something with dinner, but I jst want a detox from all these carbs.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #9  

When I started eating at or under 1200, the first week I lost 3.3, then 1.2, then 1.8, 1.4. And all this food is junk food! I havent started sb yet, I will tomm. And Ill see how that works!! Oh and i love eggs, so If Im hungry I can add a hard boiled egg to my salad. It will probaly be more than a 1000 calories.

Last edited by staciec878; 06-03-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #10  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I'm on the phase 1 wagon again tomorrow.

Tried this a few weeks ago, but had some big milk supply (breastfeeding) issues even though I was making sure to eat 1,800 calories per day. Then I tried doing phase 2, but at least for ME personally, I could not do it without that 2 - week detox from carbs beforehand. I could not stick to phase 2 without going totally off plan here and there... and then it became more and more frequent and I'm back where I started. But I'm done nursing now so no worries there, and my baby is doing great on formula, so back to phase 1 I go! No excuse not to succeed this time.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #11  

The last time i did SB, the first day wasnt so bad, then the second day I think I had a slight headache and I gave in. What should I expect??
Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #12  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Working Towards Day 1 of Phase 1

Hi Everyone,

I think I'm going to be joining you tomorrow,as much as the present state of my kitchen will allow. I won't be grocery shopping til Tuesday. But I've got to GET AWAY FROM all these carbs that are making me fat and crazy. I'm reading the Beck Diet Solution, and I'm supposed to start my diet Wednesday but I want to get out of the heavy-cravings state that Phase1 gave me before. So I'll be ditching fruit and starchy carbs for a few days before I cut out the fat on Wednesday.

Hope you don't mind me hangin around on the beach!

Lianne
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #13  

I just think If I do go one day, Im just going to wake up and be skinny in the morning! I need to get over that
Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #14  

I'll be starting SB for the first time tomorrow. I have a question about desserts, which I posted in a separate thread, but I'll ask it here too. Can I substitute a savory snack for the desserts in phase 1? I'm really not into sweets on a regular basis and I'm quite certain that I can go without them all together for 2 weeks.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

all you Newbies!

Remember to include a serving of beans in your daily menu, it will really help prevent your cravings for starch, and eat at least 4 1/2 cups veggies every day. Both will help keep things "moving" along.

hannah, you can substitute any other SB friendly food for a dessert snack if you like. It doesn't have to be a sweet snack.
Closed Thread