South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Not Losing on Phase I

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I've been on Phase I SBD for 11 days now. I have been so good, the only times I've cheated were the first day when I was having terrible cravings and broke and had a mini tootsie roll, and one night when I had too many pistachios. I'm very proud of myself because I'm not a dieter, usually hate to even think about dieting. One night I went to my mom's for dinner, and another night out to a restaurant, and stayed on the plan, even when faced with freshly picked strawberry daquiris, strawberry tart, and hot fudge sundaes all around me! but I haven't lost a pound yet and I'm getting frustrated. I found a post in the FAQs about not losing, and the suggestions were to monitor salt intake, drink enough water, take it easy on dairy, so I'm going to try that. I've been drinking water, but usually about 4 cups a day, then other beverages too. I don't want to be hungry, so I haven't been worrying about how much I eat, if it's an allowed food, so maybe I'm eating too much. I'm confused about the dairy - is it two servings a day of any dairy? It's kind of confusing the way it's worded in the book. I'm worried because I should go to phase two in three more days. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm afraid the carbs will stall me even more. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you start losing eventually? Any advice?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Have you tried logging your food intake at fitday.com? You may just be eating too much of the allowed foods and it's just a matter of decreasing your portion size of some foods and increasing your portions of lower-calorie foods (like more veggies, less dairy).
Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #3  

Thanks HoosierHeather, I'll check that out. I'm new to this forum and still learning my way around. Looks like there are some good tools here. It probably is the problem, since I'm kind of sick of the veggies (especially salads) and I think I'm eating more of the meat and dairy.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schmoodle and a big thank-you for posting that Snow Cone recipe in the Recipe Section.

You may have a sudden whoosh loss if you at least double your water intake. Tracking on Fitday is also a good idea. Aside from calories, it will track your % Daily Value Graph that shows you sodium percentages - at least my version does. I'll check out the free online version because I could be wrong. (I've been married twice so it could happen again! )

Dairy is a total of two cups of any kind per day e.g. 2 cups of yogurt OR 2 cups of milk OR a cup of milk and a cup of yogurt.

Keep us posted and, if you don't drop, I suggest an extra week of strict Phase I with no eating out. This plan does work but calories DO count.

Hang in there and join the other Phase One Chicks on the Phase I Thread or in the Daily chat.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #5  

Ruth, Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement. I will take all of your good advice and Heather's and I'll let you know how it goes. How does lowfat cheese fit into the dairy count? Is it one ounce of cheese is equal to a cup of milk or yogurt? I was considering doing an extra week of Phase I, but it's not recommended in the book, and on top of that, strawberry season is almost over and I've been dying to go pick some! If I wait another week, I might have to wait until next year for my strawberry fix..
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach. Have you taken your measurment, do your clothes feel looser. But like the other chicks say keep up the good work. You are doing great.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Welcome! this is a great plan and not at all like a diet... but you have to have patience.... tons and tons of patience.

oh and Ruth is right... drink your water...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lowfat cheese is CHEESE, not Dairy. Check out the Revised Food List in the FAQ stickies.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #9  

Default Thanks for help

Thank you everyone. I'm making some adjustments - doing better with the water, watching the salt, being more concious of portions. I am not allowed to weigh again until Saturday, so I don't focus on that and drive myself crazy. I'll check in again and let you know how it goes. On Saturday, I'll decide if I want to continue Phase I a little longer. I still haven't eaten any illegal foods though, day 12, so I am happy with that for now!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  

Hi everyone,
I promised an udate, so here it is. As you can see from my signature, I ended up Phase II with a 5 lb. loss. That's fine with me, I'll take it! I can't remember the last time I lost five pounds rather than gaining them. Thanks again for the good advice. Today I start Phase II - my oatmeal is cooking now! but I am going to go very slow. Oatmeal first, then maybe a little fruit. Also, going to start working on getting the exercise in.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

yay sounds like you're doing great!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/158/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm a slow loser too. But, I can say I went from a pair of size 10 to a pair of 8s since I started this in April.... pound wise, I've only lost 6 pounds (that's on a good day). My weight fluxuates so much, it's easy to get discouraged. But great job on the 5 pound loss for you.... Keep it up!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Great progress!
Closed Thread