Phase I Beachers - Week starting June 3 - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #106  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Great idea, Kara, about posting goals! Being accountable to each other is better than carrying around all your unspoken intentions in your head. It's so easy to change them a little at a time til they really don't even exist anymore.

Here are mine:

*To continue to follow The Beck Diet Solution so that I can finally change my behavior around food on a *permanent* basis, and not have a "Diet" phase which I follow to lose weight and then gain it all back by eating like a feral child when the diet is over.

*To go back to the regular exercise program that I had before which kept my body in great shape, even though it has always been slightly larger than the charts say it should be.

*To think of this way of eating as a lifestyle change and not a diet, thereby being grateful to lose only an average of a pound a week, instead of hoping to transform overnight from Monique into Halle Berry.

*To avoid the carbs that I know are as addictive as a drug for me because they send me on binges that are devastating to my body and my mental state.

*To stay close to my support group (that's you all) because the group dynamic is what makes it work for me.

That's pretty much it for me too.

I know what you mean about that scale, Kara. I only want to weigh on Wednesdays but I just couldn't resist this morning. I'm on Day 3 and have lost a pound already. I know it's just water but it made me so very happy!

More tonight when the day is done.

L
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

This is awesome!!!! These are my goals:

-Drink My Water, atleast 8 bottles a day.

-Dont stop doing Couch25k, keep at it every other day.

-Try once again to quit smoking, it seems like I try to quit every other day, Ive been succesful at it before, but for not that very long. Somewhere in my mind, I think quiting smoking will make me gain weight. I know it happends for some people, I think it has something to do with your metaboilism becoming slower, and of course you eat.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #108  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good job, Stardust! 5 lbs. is my first mini-goal. I'd be buying myself a present if I were you.

KeeperoftheHome and Nikleej, welcome (and anyone else I missed in this long thread). I'm on day 3 of phase I so I'll be here with you for the next couple of weeks.

All you ladies who are going into Phase 2, I feel ya' on that fear of what to add in next. I know I'll be sick of eggs too in 11 more days but I'm also afraid of adding in any kind of starchy carbs. They have been my downfall so many, many times. I'll be looking for a Phase 2 thread to see how you all are doing so I can draw inspiration from your progress.

L
Old 06-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #109  

Miss Mess- im jealous - I loved D-land, I used to live in Fullerton.

Go and have a Dole Pineaple soft serve cup-right infront of the Tiki Room in Adventure land it tastes just like ice cream-but it's not

Don't wait or it might be all gone-they sell quick, so they do shut down early.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #110  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

Back from my first weigh in. Only down 2 lbs I keep telling myself that it's ok though because I've only been doing SB for 5 days and 2 lbs in 5 days is pretty darn good. Didn't help though that the guy who weighed me at the gym where I have to go to weigh in told me that since I'm on SB I should lose at least 5 lbs by next Friday. Even worse is that another girl that's doing the fit club with me lost 4 lbs this week and all she did was cut out fast food and started walking every night after work.

So my goal for this week is to get up every morning at 7 am and exercise before my 3-year-old gets up. Once he's awake all plans for exercise go out the window so I just have to make time before he wakes up!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Rachel don't be discouraged. I didn't lose anything at all the first week and I didn't eat any foods that weren't on the legal list. I felt like I was being really, really good. I just decided to quit weighing until the end of Phase I and I'm focusing more on getting all my water in, exercising, watching my salt, and limiting portions on things like cheese and dairy. It will come off eventually, it has to! Maybe some people have a metabolism that takes a little longer to get with the program. I am going to weigh tomorrow and even if I only lost a few pounds, that's progress! I've got a lot to lose, so I can't be in a hurry.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #112  

Thanks for the open arms. I love this board. I "studied" the recipies until about 2am last night. I went to the grocery store this morning before work (I didn't have to be in until 11 today) but it was bad because I didn't eat anything and went to the grocery store which is a no no for me. But I finally made it to work and made the waffles. I like them. It was alot of work especially since i burned them so I am going to try the pancakes instead. I am doing the "fried" zucchini for lunch or dinner haven't decided yet. I still have another half of my squash. So many choices whats a girl to do?! Good luck everyone!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #113  

Well, it's Day 4 for me and so far so good. I'm feeling great and have passed up more food in these four days than I ever imagined. Good luck over the weekend, everyone!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #114  

Day 14 for me - down 12.5 pounds. YAY!

It is so great to read how everyone is doing! I don't have any special tips or treats - right now my big treat is the Sugar Free Jello, about every other night.

It's been easy to stick with because my husband is still gone for training. I'm nervous about him coming home! It's not that he loves junk food, he just eats a lot. Oh, and he has a lot of desserts! LOL

Good luck everyone!!!! You're doing great!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #115  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey everyone! I just wanted to shout out a general congrats to EVERYONE who's lost weight. We're all doing so great and I think it's because we're leaning on each other! Thanks for being my support!!!

I was so glad to read the goals that were posted, too. Seeing other people's goals helps me realize different ways I can improve my attitude and outlook as well! Thanks for putting yourselves out there!

Keep up the good work everyone!

STACIE - I am going to personally be checking on you with the smoking! Take it a day at a time. I know this is a weight loss board, but even if you gain a few pounds, isn't it worth it to have healthy lungs again? I tend to think, though, that now that you're commited to the weight loss, you're not going to replace the smoking habit with eating. Get yourself some sugar-free gum. You can do it, girl!

Kara
Old 06-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

To all you Newbies!

Wow, the support and enthusiasm on this thread is amazing! Keep it up, Chickies!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #117  

Alright, it is the end of day 3 for me and as of this morning I appear to be down 3 lbs already. I have to admit to cheating a bit last night by having 3 drinks, but I only tend to drink once a week (on Thursdays), so I gave myself a free pass. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to a friend's birthday and I purposefully made myself designated driver so that I won't be tempted. The hostess of the party is making some SBD friendly food, since there are a few of us doing it right now. I was really proud of myself as far as eating goes last night. My friend made himself a tortilla with cream cheese and jelly for a snack. I was soo tempted to have some and I stupidly hadn't brought any snacks, but instead of giving in I asked him if he had some beans, cheese and salsa, which he did. I heated it up in the microwave and was totally satisfied.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:49 AM   #118  
Visualizing the Goal

Yea Hannah! Doesn't it feel good to stick to your guns? Keep it up!

Kara
Old 06-09-2007, 04:02 AM   #119  

Default If you fail to plan you plan to fail

So I just have to keep posting cuz I just love this sight and I am excited to share my progress. So I didn't have any snacks after lunch so by the time I got home from work I crashed!! Some friends came over and brought mexican food!! Its funny because I just took the stuff out the taco shell and made taco salad. I had refried beans too....is that a no no on south beach? I forgot you can have beens but I was not sure what kind I need a taco salad recipe because that was really good. I had my sugar free fudge pop ...I took it off the stick and microwaved it for about 10 seconds. It was like I was having some ice cream! Well I guess technically it is. I have been having more of those than I should so I need to watch it. Its day 5 and I am still alive and kicking!! Later Dolls!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #120  
Visualizing the Goal

Yea, Nik!

I believe refried beans that do not have lard are allowed. I buy the vegetarian ones anyway since I don't eat meat, and they're quite good. You should check out the Taco Bake recipe in the recipes section. I just made it last night and it was lick your lips delicious!

Kara
Closed Thread