South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #91  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Stacie - Wish I could. That's one thing I miss about the States!

Missmess - Glad you had a good shopping trip! What an ego booster!!!

I had read in the South Beach Diet book how people were nervous to go from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and I thought to myself at the time, "Wouldn't you just be glad to add stuff back into your diet?" but now I understand why that nervous feeling happens. We've found we're doing well eating this way so I'm worried I'll stall everything out by adding things back in. I think what I'm going to do is start with the "wholest" grain thing I can think of and add that back in and wait a couple days to see if it triggers cravings. If not, I'll add some other Phase 2-approved thing back in, and so on. I can't wait for the strawberries, either, Schmoodle! I've been drooling over them every time I pass them in the produce section to get my peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and romaine! You could always go picking this weekend and freeze them, if that wouldn't be a temptation for you.

Good work everyone! We should figure out at the end of the week how much we've lost as a group!

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #92  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Day 2 went well, except for a bite of english muffin at breakfast.

B: sausage, egg, cheese, one (Big) bite of English muffin, coffee with milk and splenda
S: ham roll-up
L: chicken caesar salad, no croutons
S: 2 slices of bacon, 8 cherry tomatoes
D: South Beach savory pork frozen entree

No cravings yet. I'm lovin' this!

L
Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #93  
Visualizing the Goal

One week down, one to go! Hope you guys don't mind if I post some goals for myself. Making them public makes me feel more accountable to them.

*Some kind of EXERCISE every day - On days we have to be on base for something, I have a four mile round trip walk and I am definitely counting that as my exercise for the day. But on the days we're just bumming around the house, I want to get my rear in gear and do something after Tom gets home from work.

*NO CHEATS! If I made it through one week without cheating, I WILL make it through the whole Phase 1. My mantra is going to be "Don't ruin it now!"

*Try two NEW recipes - Keeping things interesting has helped me feel less deprived.

*ONLY weigh on Friday. I weighed this morning (it's Friday here) so I'd like to go the whole week without worrying what the scale says. If I'm sticking to my diet, there's no need to be worried about the numbers. I'm hoping this will keep me from getting discouraged if the scale won't budge.

OK, I think that's good for now. Don't want to overwhelm myself!

Kara
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #94  

Default Started on Monday June 4th

So it is day four. I had to send out an email today to get support from friends. I was so sad yesterday. Its my own fault I did not plan my meals well at all. I had a talk with a friend who is on fat smashers and she introduced me to spaghetti squash. I had it for lunch and loved it. I had a renewed hope that I can do it. I have been looking for recipes and I am so glad I found this sight. I am going to try the waffles tomorrow!! Good luck to everyone!!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #95  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nikleej and anyone else I missed in this long and active thread. Nik, I've put your ticker into your signature so it will now appear automatically when you post.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #96  

Day 13!!- I feel very good. It's Friday and I am ready for the weekend!

Hello to everyone. This tread literally exploded overnight!

For me, the first thing I will add back in phase 2 will be: oatmeal. Yum!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #97  

I am on Day 13 as well!! Doing ok !!!!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Can I join ya again? I fell off once again and am back and am determined to do this. Today is day two for me on phase 1 my weigh in is tomrrow but it prolly won't show much since I just started SB again. Or I might change my weigh in to Thur debating on that one.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning Everyone! I'm gagging down my morning eggs for the last time! Tomorrow it's oatmeal. I am going to go very slow adding things back in, just one or two things the first week. I am nervous too about being around those temptations. I did SBD once before and did great until I hit Phase II, then I think I followed the menus in the book and it was too much too soon. My cravings came back and I ended up quitting. After dinner last night, a friend came and got me and we walked for half an hour. It was fun! I haven't been worrying about exercise until I got past the Phase I weakness (also, because I hate to exercise), but I know it's time now. Today, I'll go to the pool and swim because it's going to be HOT!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

WELCOME!!!!
Wow, this thread is really active!
I think im going to go check out the whole food market. I still cant get over how good that food was last night. But a little too much garlic. Im thinking about some good chicken.
Happy Friday!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning... I'm new here and would like to join you... Today is Day 14 of Phase 1 for me.

I'm a little nervous to start Phase 2 tomorrow. I think I'll add an apple every afternoon next week and see if I still lose weight and if it adds any cravings. My plan is to add foods very slowly.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #102  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

It's day 5 for me and it's also my weigh in day. I'm excited to see how I've done so far. I did a pretty good job of not cheating (except for one lunch with my mom on Tuesday) but I didn't do much exercising. I work for the postal service and do a lot of standing, walking and lifting heavy trays of mail for 8 hours a night though so I think that counts as a little bit of exercise

I'd love to try the shrimp scampi recipe! My hubby hates shrimp but I work 2nd shift so we don't eat the same dinners most of the time anyway. I'm not sure what I'm going to add back first in Phase 2. I was thinking about whole wheat tortillas so I can take wraps to work for dinner but I may try oatmeal for breakfast instead. Last time I did SB I had the same problem that Schmoodle had, I added things back too fast and ended up quitting. This time I'm going to stick with it!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I need a little break from eggs, so I found a recipe on here for a chocolate cheescake smootie, it just sounds so good. Ill tell yall how it goes!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #104  
Visualizing the Goal

Oooh, Stacie! Please do update on that smoothie. Sounds yummy!

Kara
Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #105  

Morning P1 chickies!

Weighed myself today because I will be spending the weekend where there is no scale, down 5 lbs. However, it is that time of the month, so i am probably retaining some water and would probably be down more, but 5 lbs in 6 days is good enough for me. I have a long list of exercise activities planned for this weekend, tonight includes walking the parent's puppies probably down to the playground and around the path there (3 blocks to the playground, about a 1 mile course once there), tomorrow is a bike ride (not sure how long or how many miles, but its exercise), and sunday is probably a hike with the puppies. Then I get to drive back to my apartment and work on a thesis paper.

So when I weigh in monday I should be down a little more, and once my lovely "friend" is finished, hopefully a little more will come off!

Have a good weekend ladies, I will be back to chat on Monday!
Closed Thread