Phase I Beachers - Week starting June 3 - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #76  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Awww, Sunshine! He's going to think you're a knock-out no matter what you look like! My husband left for Korea over two months before I brought the kids over and I was stressing about looking perfect for him...until I realized that I would be walking off a seventeen hour plane ride with seven checked bags and six carry-ons and there was no way I was going to even be presentable! I don't think I remembered to brush my hair before getting off the airplane.

Jump back on the wagon and keep your chin up. You can do it!

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #77  

Thanks Kara I am just so frustrated!! I am going to get myself back on track and do this, thanks for the support!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #78  

Hey all, just checking in quick before I head off to work. I started yesterday and did pretty well. I think today I need to take a lot more snacks to work. I work in retail, so it's hard to predict what level of activity I'll have. Yesterday turned out to be a very active day. Probably the hardest part of the day was lunch. I had to sit with my back to the snack machine because that habit is soo strong. But I ate quick, then went outside to talk on my phone. I was also exceptionally hungry by the time I got off work at 9 and ended up gobbling my dinner (thank goodness I packed it too) at a friend's house.

Yesterday's eating:
B: 2 microwave scrambled eggs w/ fresh mozzarella, V8, sliced tomato
S: 15 almonds, string cheese, celery with hummus
L: Salad, 1/2 giant grilled chicken breast, 1/2 avocado
D: Kim Chi Guk (Korean Kim Chi soup), salad
Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #79  

Hello everyone! I'm on Day 3 and feeling good. I had 2 slices of turkey bacon, a cheese stick and V8 for breakfast and celery w/hummus for a snack. Not sure what I'll make for lunch yet ...
I'm showing a loss on the scale already but will wait until next week for an "official" weigh-in.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Kara,
Aren't those Indian spiced lentils the best? If I don't control myself I want to eat the entire pan whenever I make them. My Mom (who also does SB) and I both usually make them at least once a week. One of these days I'm going to get around to making up a lentil soup that uses the same seasonings . . . then you can get all the benefits of a broth-based soup and the excellent taste of these lentils.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone!!!
Im droping pounds like crazy!! Monday I was 194.5, today Im 189.5!!! Im 5 pounds away from my first goal. If I could finish phase 1, and be at 184. I would be sooo happy!! I even think I could probaly have lost more, if I atejust chicken, salad, cheese and eggs. But this is so much better Im making some brownies I got on this website, they look so good!! And Im going to try another recipe on here for the shrimp scampi. I love all these recipes!! I really think I can do this!! Goodluck Everyone!!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #82  

Day 9 for me! Still down 10 pounds - let me go update my ticker! It's great seeing everyone's progress and motivation and tips.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #83  

Congrats Stacie! Much more motivation to stick with it huh? Don't limit yourself to just the chicken, cheese, and eggs...go wild, eat a variety of things and you won't feel deprived. The brownies on the website are exactly what i needed for a chocolate fix. Keep up the good work chickie!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #84  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Go Girlies! This is the zippiest Phase I Thread since we started the first one.
There's loads of support and encouragement in here. You chickies rock!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #85  

Thank You Stardust!!! I think I just found my new love!!! The shrimp scampi, OMG!!! Its sooo good.. I got it on the phase 1 entrees. I added a little low-fat cheese to it, and it came out like a fondu, on top of brocolli. ITS AMAZING!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #86  

Has anyone heard about how cereal prices are going up?? First gas, now this??? I love special K, I used to eat it everymorning, sometimes for lunch too. I surely am glad about being on South Beach! After phase 1 is done, what carb do you add in? I was thinking about cereal, but I quess I wont beable to afford it!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Stacie,
I recently re-added brown rice the first week and whole wheat bread the week after that and it is working very well for me. Oatmeal is another great thing to re-add--it will introduce some more variety into your breakfasts if that is something that you had wanted the cereal for.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I can't wait to try the shrimp scampi! Shrimp is one of my absolute favorite foods. The first thing I will add back is oatmeal. I've been dreaming about it for days now. I'm having a hard time gagging those eggs down every morning. Then I'll add some strawberries. The picking season here is almost over, and I usually go with my kids and pick a bunch to freeze, make jam, and just eat. I've really been missing it this year. I hope there's still some left on Saturday when I hit DAY 15!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #89  

The Shrimp Scampi, has got to be the best thing Ive had in a very long time, including all my carb-ulicious foods. Let me know what you think of it!!! Add cheese if you'd like for some fondu!!! I have no idea what food I want back. Maybe some cheap whole grain cereal. I dont want pasta and bread anymore!! Very weird.. But I just dont seem to interested in it anymore. Those were my weak spots. So when we start phase 2, is it just one kind of carb per day??
Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #90  

does anyone shop at the whole foods market?
Closed Thread