Phase I Beachers - Week starting June 3 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #61  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I weighed myself today, after 2 days of phase 1 (Mon & Tue) I actualled GAINED a pound?!?!

So I really need to watch my portion sizes. I have to get out of this mentality of "eating for two." My baby is almost 3 months old, and I'm practically all dried up milk-wise as well. I only need to eat for ONE. And that one is on a diet, even!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #62  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmess View Post
Question about my fravorite bars....How bad are Fiber One bars for phase 2???
I looked up the nutrition info...looks like a great big no-no.
the ingredients read like a list of SB "Poison"
Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #63  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord! I just read the ingredients. SBD poison indeed!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #64  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmess View Post
Question about my fravorite bars....How bad are Fiber One bars for phase 2??? I love them and they have SOOO much fiber but also carbs! Give me the skinny on those!
The SB bars are pretty good, maybe a little too good. You might check them out once you get to phase 2. I loved the cinnamon raisin ones when I did SB last time.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #65  

Day 2 and feeling good. I had friends over this afternoon and made a quick bread. I didn't eat any -- just stuck to my coffee. I can't wait to see some losses!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I made the taco bake for Lunch, and it was pretty good. I had some for dinner too. I eat the usually eggs for breakfast. I had breakfast at like 8 this morning and didnt get to make the taco bake till around 3, so I was starving and I probaly had more than I was supposed to. But at around 6, I started feeling really week, and I was still full from lunch, so I made a choclate smoothie. It doesnt contain cornstarch, it has soy in it. And some other chemicals, and not alot of carbs. I had one yesterday but it tasted more like water because I put so much ice in it. I hope those are okay. I also had a sugar free jello, it was chocolate. Is all this chocolate okay? I rather just have a protien shake so I dont feel so week? Any recommentions?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #67  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Day 1 is almost over for me. I am in the last 2 hours of a 10 hour shift at work and have done well so far:
Breakfast: 3/4 cup 2% milk in my coffee, Splenda, 3 pieces of Oscar Meyer center-cut bacon (no time to cook an egg...running late)
Snack: 1 slice ham rolled up around celery, 1/2 oz Colby cheese and tsp mayo
Lunch: 1 chicken breast with 1 cup each of broccoli and cauliflower
Snack: 1 SF jello, celery stalk, 3/4 oz Cojack cheese
Dinner: Lean Cuisine beef portobello with broccoli and another 1 cup of broccoli

I probably won't have another snack because I'm just not hungry, and I don't want to get myself started eating just to be eating.

I really love this diet. I've never felt freer of cravings than when I've kicked starchy carbs to the curb. My body doesn't drive me mindlessly for "more" "more" "more". Then all I have to fight is the monster in my head that keeps telling me to eat when I see something that looks like it tastes good.

L
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Stacie--is the chocolate sugarfree Jell-O that you're referring to a pudding? If you're trying to stay OP for P1, pudding should be avoided until P2--stick to the fruit flavored Jell-Os.

If you already knew this, then ignore me butting in. Are you eating all your snacks? Having protein-filled snacks really helps me with the hunger on P1. Mozzarella cheese sticks and almonds are great and I also enjoy hummus with veggies.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Sometimes I just cant get the snacks in. I think I need to start being a little sticter with this diet. I dont even know why I had that pudding. I dont crave food. Oh I saw a glimpse of the 180's today, even if it was 189.5. I was still happy. I think I need a couple of days of just strict food. Fish, Chicken, Vegies, Eggs, and cheese.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #70  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

OH MY GOODNESS! I just made the most delicious smelling dinner! Indian-spiced lentils and spinach stuffed mushrooms. I *had* to share!

Indian-spiced lentils (from the South Beach Quick and Easy Cookbook):
4 t extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used three because I happen to love garlic!)
1 t curry powder
1 c dried lentils (I used a cup and a third because of the broth issue, below.)
1 1/2 c lower-sodium chicken broth (I used vegetarian vegetable broth and the can had 2 c in it, so I upped the lentil amount to make it work. I ended up adding a cup of water at the end of the cooking time because the lentils didn't look done and the broth was all absorbed.)
2 T chopped fresh parsley (I used dried.)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Basically just sautee the onion in the olive oil, add the curry powder and lentils, stir, and add the broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, although I cooked them for more like 30. Top with parsley for garnish.

Spinach-stuffed mushrooms (from about.com):
12 large mushrooms (My package had 17 and it worked.)
1 pkg. frozen spinach
1/2 c reduced fat cheese (I used cheddar.)
(I added 2 cloves of garlic, minced - see above for love of garlic!)

The recipe called for removing the stems of the mushrooms and sauteeing them in olive oil, which I did with the added garlic. I defrosted the spinach for three minutes in a covered dish in the microwave on high. Then I added the spinach to the sauteeing mushroom stems even though the recipe didn't say to. I threw all that in a bowl with the cheese and a little salt and pepper. The recipe said to saute the mushroom caps in olive oil, but I just stuffed them and threw them under the broiler for a couple minutes.

YUM! How is this a diet?!

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #71  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great recipes, Tara! Could you post them individually in the Phase I Entree section, after adding number of servings, of course. I'll approve them later on. (We need to approve recipes as too many were being just bunged in there without proper information. )

Steacie, I missed the chocolate Jello part of your post. Yes, you must be very strict on Phase I as detoxing is the whole point. Betsy is right - snacks are important and will keep your blood sugar stable.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #72  

Day 12- My clothes feel so much looser! WOW!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #73  
Visualizing the Goal

Yea, Dolphingirl! I just made it through my very first week and I'm super excited! Keep up the good work!

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #74  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, those recipes were both sides that I combined to make a dinner. Where should I post them?

Kara
Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #75  

Well I am on Day 12 so far I have lost 10 pounds on my diet. I did add some Honey bunches of oats in with 2% milk. But I dont think I should have done that. I am really frustrated with myself because I gave into cereal. I do eat a lot veggies during the day. My worst problem area is my belly. And last week it was shrinking and you could totally tell. My pants were lose and everything. Now my pants and shirts are loose, but I feel my belly slowing creeping up on me. I just feel like I let myself down. My fiancee will be here in 2 weeks and I havent seen him in 2 months and I want to be a knockout when he gets here. Granted I have only gone 1 time to the gym this week.

Sorry for my rant!!! Just frustrated.
Closed Thread