South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You can have dairy! Check out the Revised Food List in the FAQ Section. It's a total of two cups per day. The book food list is out of date.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

goodmorning Ladies!!
missmess Congratulations!! I think we can have 2 serving of milk or yogurt per day.

Is this right im not sure if Im eating 2 much, It feels like it!! This is what Im planning on having for today, let me know what yall think please!

B-2 eggs, 1 cup 2% reduced fat milk
L-Left over eggplant, (its about 6 pieces),
D-1 pork chop, spinach, lettuce
S- SF jello, or cheese stick.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #48  

I just stepped on the scale..............192.5 I still look like im 200+ pounds though. I really need to start doing strenth training!!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #49  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stacie, can you add some protein to your lunch next time? Congrats on the loss! See! It does work.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #50  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
B-2 eggs, 1 cup 2% reduced fat milk
L-Left over eggplant, (its about 6 pieces),
D-1 pork chop, spinach, lettuce
S- SF jello, or cheese stick.
Personally I'd be ravenously hungry if I didn't have my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks as well. I can't stand to eat a huge amount of raw veg (like a salad) at one sitting, so I eat a small/medium and then eat a snack in about 2 hours.

I feel like I eat ALL the time.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #51  

Well the dreaded headache just begun. But on a happy note, I stepped on the scale ( which I do atleast 5 times a day).....191!!!!!! I used to get heavier during the day, now Im getting smaller. I dont understand, but Ill take it!!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #52  

kara - I finally got a chance to read posts but I want to make sure you don't get discouraged if you don't lose much. You don't have a lot to lose (frankly, my goal is about your current weight and I'm an inch shorter than you). I just wanted to say that I did a perfect phase 1 when I started South Beach years ago and I still only lost 4 pounds and that was starting at 197. I didn't have a lot of water weight to lost. Even with that the weight came off eventually.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #53  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Barbara! So, is it mainly water weight that comes off in the first two weeks then?

Kara
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #54  
Visualizing the Goal

OK, I thought I had this dairy thing figured out but now I'm questioning myself and I want to make sure I have it right.

Two servings of dairy a day, right?

So if I have a half cup of cottage cheese for snack, does that count as one of my dairy servings? How about a cheese stick?

I've been having a glass of milk (about 16 oz.) with dinner every night, without regards to what other dairy I had during the day, so I wanted to make sure I got it all together before I start my second week of Phase 1 on Friday.

Edited to add: And what kind of yogurt is allowed?

Thanks!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 06-06-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

The two CUPS of dairy doesn't include cheese (cottage cheese is considered cheese). The dairy would be your milk, yogurt, etc. There isn't a limit on cheese, but you will want to be mindful of consumption because those calories can add up really quickly. A typical day for me would include a cup of milk, a cup of yogurt, and then one serving of cheese on top of that--a cheese stick, or some cottage cheese, or a bit of cheese on my salad.

Acceptable yogurts would be fatfree or lowfat plain yogurt (I usually put a bit of Splenda with mine and some vanilla extract). I believe you can also have fatfree/lowfat vanilla yogurt as long as it is no sugar added.

By the way, I've seen some of your earliest posts and I wanted to let you know that, in my experience, the weight doesn't drop as fast on P1 for those of us who don't have much to lose--but that doesn't mean that the plan isn't working. I recently returned to SB after a haitus of several months (got married, got a new job, moved--mistakenly dropped my commitment to maintain healthy habits) and I lost about four pounds when I redid P1. But I'm about three weeks into P2, and the weight is still coming off. And my clothes are already fitting much differently.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:03 AM   #56  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey, thanks, Betsy! You're doing awesome, by the way!

Kara
Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #57  

Day 11- I have a terrible stomach ache this morning. I cheated had a wrap (low carb wheat tortilla) Flour is an evil thing. That is the only thing I can blame my ache on.

I am getting a bit tired of salads for lunch...Yesterday I didn't even finish it. It made me gag, I think I had a bad tomatoe and it didn't taste good with my tuna. So I was starving when I got home! A piece of Colby cheese was my friend.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #58  
Visualizing the Goal

Do you like portobello mushrooms? The portobello "pizza" is a great lunch!

Kara
Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #59  

Good morning ladies!
weighed myself today for the first time since I have started phase 1...down 3.5 lbs. Not bad for the beginning of day 4. I know that if i kicked up my exercise i would probably be losing more, but walking to class everyday in 90 degree weather takes alot out of me, and then to come home and work on my clinical thesis makes me not want to move an inch. I figure, I walk 20 minutes to class everyday, 20 minutes back, plus the 50 trips to the bathroom from all the water I drink...thats enough exercise for right now, on the weekend I can kick it up and actually use my punching bag for some better cardio.
Today is a dreaded 11:30-7:30 class day. Had my breakfast of two eggs scrambled with spinach and broccoli, turkey bacon and glass of milk. Packed my snack of celery and snow peas, and will go to the salad truck on campus for a "vegetarian" salad (romaine, snow peas, broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, spinach, onion, tomato) with my own dressing from home (that way i can monitor it). Another snack of pepper rings and hummus, and then when i get home at 7:30 i will probably reheat the turkey I made last night, blanche some broccoli and snow peas, cut up some cucumber and spinach and eat. and then work on my Thesis until about 10, and fall asleep.
Oh the joys of being 12 weeks from graduation!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #60  

Okay, I finally start today. I ended up being a bit of a lazy butt on my days off (M&T) and didn't get to the grocery store until last night. But now I am really well stocked and ready to start. I'll check in this evening to let y'all know how things are going.
Closed Thread