South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #16  

1 week down, 1 to go! DAY 9!

I lost 5 pounds the first week! HOORAY!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #17  

Day 6! I'm still going strong - I'm just anxious for Day 14 so I can start adding things back in. Plus, I'm anxious for Day 14 so I can tell myself I really did it! I'm almost to the halfway point! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #18  

1 week down!! I have lost 6 lbs. in the first week !!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi! New here!

Hi gals! I just found this board and it looks like a great accountability tool. Mind if I join in?

I'm Kara, just started on South Beach four days ago. I'm actually doing pretty well sticking with it and haven't cheated (yet!). Tomorrow will be Day 5 on Phase 1. I'm planning mushroom scrambled tofu for breakfast. Snacks I'll leave open, but I tend to go for the 15 almonds or a string cheese because they're easy. For lunch I'm making Greek salad with tofu, and then dinner will be the Italian-style tofu bake I found in the South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook with some roasted cauliflower. I think I'm going to try the crustless zesty lemon pie that I found on the Kraft website for dessert.

Whew. Getting it out makes me feel like I really have to stick with it now.

I'm just trying to get rid of this post-baby jiggle belly. I'm down to pre-pregnancy weight, but that gut keeps on bouncing around...

Thanks for being here!

Kara
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

I just wanted to say way to go to those who have completed week one! Congrats! Welcome to those just starting out, you have come to the right place for answers and support. 2nd week of phase 2 here, 10 lbs down using SB. to everyone!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I cant believe I already messed up I woke up this morning, and I had 2 bites of some ww ice cream. I realized it, and threw it away, do I need to wait till tomm. to start??
Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #22  

It was only 2 bites - that's probably NBD ... although I'm a newbie too & can't say for sure. Should probably take the time to throw out everything that's going to mess you up though. If you can, that is: I have 2 kids who need their school snacks. I mostly buy things I don't like, but any carb starts to look good after a while.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

new Beachers and Retreads!

Stacie, don't sweat the smalls tuff - much! Just get right back on track. Be very careful though as you need to detox onb Phase I to get rid of cravings!

Good going, Pacegal! 10 pounds is a great loss for week 1.

South Beach is good for bellyfat, Kara - for ditching it, I mean!

Hang in there folks! Phase I is the hardest. to everyone!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #24  

Hi all, I'm completely new to the South Beach Diet (this is my 1st day) & I have a few questions:
1. I'm having a hard time getting my head around the "no portion control" part; I had 2 hard boiled eggs + a glass of water for breakfast & was still hungry. I managed to last until snack & then had a hunk of cheese (not big, but not the 1oz they let you have on WW either). Could I have had something more for b'fast?
2. I'm just NOT going to cook my breakfast, snacks, or lunch - any ideas for "grab & go" foods?
3. Can't I just stay on Phase 1 until I reach my goal & then use Phase 2 to maintain?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4"

Stacie. I agree with fishfly Don't worry about the ice cream, but you might think about a housecleaning. Before I started P1 I gave anything in my home that was absolutely prohibited to a neighbor and a friend. Anything prohibited, but belonging to the person I live with (my husband). I keep on seperate shelves in the pantry or refrigerator. I just tell myself that it is not food, and eating it is not only cheating but stealing too.

I also have been known to wake up groggy or come home tired and forget I am on a diet, and then four bites into a cheesecake I remember. I can't just change what I eat. I have to change my eating environment. If I leave ice cream in the freezer - I am setting myself up for failuire at first. Have faith, Stacie. Sooner or later you won't even care that it is there.

Last edited by Ladysadie; 06-04-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #26  

Oh, and a couple more things:
1. Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable in Phase 1?
2. Can I eat more cheese today, say for my pm snack or on top of dinner?

TIA!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #27  

Well, I woke up this morning and realized that I wasn't really prepared (grocery and pantry wise) to begin SB, so I decided to dedicate to doing that today and start tomorrow. I have a good friend who's going through some financial rough times and her family will really appreciate all the food.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies!!!
Thanks for all the support! So far so good. For breakfast I had 2 eggs, and 1 cup of milk. What else is there for lunch except chicken and salad? I need to go to the store to get some cheese, and flounder. I love chicken just not how I make it!! I dont know how to cook. I dont even try because it all comes out so bad. This morning I had burnt eggs. My mom will cook the flounder, its a little better when she does it. I just need something simple for lunch. Maybe some turkey roll ups!!!

I really love eggplant!! Maybe I should wait to eat tomato sauce. Has anyone eat eggplant for dinner, and how can I make it as simple as possible? 1/2 eggplant or a whole one?? And is vegetable oil okay instead of olive oil?

Oh I weighed In at 194, I was thinking it would be alot more than that. Since Ive had a few episodes!!! But Ill take it!

Hannah Thats a great idea to donate food!! Some people could really use it!!

Last edited by staciec878; 06-04-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #29  

I'm back on Phase 1 today. I originally started in mid-March, but have taken the last few weeks off. I just got back from a business trip that set me back quite a few steps.

Stacie - I had a rough time when I started phase 1 the first time. I think I wasn't eating enough. You asked about what to have for lunch.....I really like the taco bake. It was a lifesaver for me the first time. It is a sticky under Entrees - Phase 1 in the recipe section. Like others have said previously, the beans helped with cravings and helped to fill me up.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Fishflyatmidnite--
1. Yes, you could have had a lot more for breakfast! My usual phase one breakfast is two of the veggie quiche cups (recipe is in the book) with a glass of V8 and a big glass of tea with skim milk. If you cook the cups the
night before, you have twelve--enough for six days (some people get sick of eggs--I don't). You can freeze them and pop them in the microwave the next day. The quiche cups have lots of veggies and some cheese in addition to the eggs--they stick with you a lot longer than just hardboiled eggs. You don't have to eat the same thing, but I personally think it is crucial to get some veggies in every chance you get during P1.
2. Salads with any kind of meat are great for quick lunches. I like to make a chef salad with some low-fat mozzarella, turkey and all the veggies I can think of (broccoli, snow peas, etc). I'll also have yogurt, the curried chicken salad (from the quick and easy cookbook, you can make batch for four days). Bean soups can be made the night before and reheated for an entire week. There are also a few commerical soups you can buy (like lentil
soup) that would be appropriate for P1--just keep an eye on sodium.
3. The main issue with staying on P1 for too long is that your body isn't getting a great variety of foods. This can have a nutritional impact and it can also make you bored and more likely to go off plan. I'm not sure what
your motivation is for wanting to stay on P1 for a long time. Are you worried about adding foods back in? This forum has lots of great resources to help us add foods back in--the first time I transitioned to P2, I added
things back way too fast and had problems with stalling and cravings. This time, adding back one fruit and one starchy food a week (with the help of the great advice on this forum), I'm doing great and continuing to drop
weight every week. P2 is still a weight loss phase--P3 is the maintainance phase.
4. Tomatoes are a vegetable. You can indulge through P1 and beyond.

Good luck!
Closed Thread