South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Beachers - Week beginning May 14

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 05-14-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  

Default Beach 4th day

I have never followed a structured diet, before I would just quit eating to lose weight so this is very difficult for me. All the rules drive me nuts. But on the other hand I know people who have lost weight using this diet so I am determined. I feel like I am always hungry that could be cravings? I am actually eating more structured meals possibly even more food than I was.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #3  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

be sure to add in your required snacks. the cravings will go away as your body detoxes itself. I am a picky eater so I dont do all the recipes for south beach. But I fix what I am allowed to eat. Its a wonderful way of life once you get past the 3rd or 4th day. That is what I call the blah day. You feel like crap. That is just withdrawl. What helps me stick to it as I am sure its the same with many others...I dont call it a diet. In my head its a way of life and the way to get to slimmer me.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I started yesterday afternoon, so about 24 hours in. So far I feel okay. I am having to eat more than what's recommended in the plan because I'm nursing, but I'm trying to stick to P1-approved foods only. I'm tracking my calories in fitday. I know if I go under 1,800 I may have supply issues so I'm being careful with that.

Anyway... excited to lose some weight. I weighed myself this morning... yeah, like 24 hours was going to make any difference. Oh well, at least I didn't GAIN.

I did have some trouble falling asleep last night, which almost never happens to me. I think it was because I would typically eat something sugary within an hour of going to bed, so I didn't have that high blood sugar to make me sleepy.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I started this morning. Day 1 is half way over and all is good

Veggie Quiche Cups were yummy. I will probably have those every morning until I get sick of them.

I'm a little nervous about all the talk about how bad you feel the first week. It's going to be a busy week at work. I hope I am not affected by the diet too much.

First Question: My Woman's One-a-Day multivitamin has corn starch in it. Is there another vitamin that doesn't?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 AM   #6  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Thumbs up Starting 5/15/07

Hi,
I and the family are starting tomorrow. Glad to be here
Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #7  

It's day two for me. No headaches yet Feeling quite good actually. I had 2 slices of extra lean turkey bacon and yum! Bacon is one thing I am actually adding to my diet instead of taking it away, lol.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 115/113/100

Height: 5'0"

Default New here

Hi all,

I just started yesterday and so far I feel okay. I unknowingly ate a couple of items that weren't allowed on Phase 1 but I hope that doesn't slow down my progress too much.

I'm looking forward to the support here since I'm really going to need it. Hopefully I'll be able to assist and support others as well.

Cheers,
Kim
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #9  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

Anyone else having a hard time sleeping at night? I figure it's b/c I don't have that high blood sugar making me sleepy. I tossed and turned all night, despite not really feeling "hungry" - I could have eaten, but my tummy wasn't growling or anything, so it wasn't real hunger - I just didn't feel sleepy, or when I did sleep, it wasn't soundly. I was dead tired though... so I think it must be diet related. Anyone else ever have this, and if so, how long did it last?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #10  

Heather - I tossed and turned last night too and woke up really early and had a hard time getting any extra sleep this morning. I wasn't hungry at all either.

So tonight I was flipping through my book and saw a recipe for stir fry. Made it. Ate it. Loved it. Realized it was phase 2!!! Ahhh. Crap. Well, all I put in it was chicken, broccoli, red pepper, and soy sauce (one TBS). I think the only problem with it was I has 1 TBS instead of 1/2. I have to be more careful!

So how strict are you guys? Would you start over or just keep moving on and count today as good?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heather, I can sympathize with you on your sleepless nights, although I believe I can blame mine on menopause. Your sleep problem may be related to this diet, as your body is detoxing and making changes (for the better!). My bet is that this is only a temporary problem and you'll soon be back to getting a good night's sleep in no time, as your body adjusts.

SunBear, that stir-fry sounds like a Phase 1 to me, probably the amount of the soy sauce qualified it as Phase 2, like you said. I wouldn't re-start Phase 1, just continue on. When using soy sauce, try to use the lower sodium ones, as soy sauce is very high in sodium and will cause you to retain water.

KimmieKim!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 AM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 202/196.68/132

Height: 5'6

Talking

Sunbear, you were right. The veggie cups are SOOOOOOOO delicious! Next time I will add some herbs and maybe chillies, but I will also eat them until I get sick of it Dieting will be so much easier with nice recipes like that.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #13  

Hello,
I am a newbie to the SBD. I am planing to start this weekend. Looking forward to sucess!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #14  

Hello DolphinGirl!!! Looking forward to dieting with you!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #15  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

welcome dolphingirl!
Closed Thread