3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Fiber Choice tablets - anyone used them? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/112190-fiber-choice-tablets-anyone-used-them.html)

missanne 05-09-2007 02:14 PM

Fiber Choice tablets - anyone used them?

I was feeling a little "stuffed up" the other day, so I took some of these. Has anyone else used them, especially during Phase 1 of South Beach? What did you think?

lilybelle 05-09-2007 03:22 PM

I was using them while on Atkins, but they didn't seem to work very well for me. I switched to benefiber and it seems to work better.

beachgal 05-09-2007 04:53 PM

Missanne, I've been using them for about a month and they work really well without gas problems like Metamucil. However, I don't think they're safe for Phase 1, even though they're "sugar-free" but I don't have the ingredients in front of me.

You can always use a stool softener to 'unpack' gently during Phase 1. ;) Plus, don't forget to eat your beans! They're a wonderful natural way to get things 'moving!'

missanne 05-09-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachgal (Post 1688674)
Missanne, I've been using them for about a month and they work really well without gas problems like Metamucil. However, I don't think they're safe for Phase 1, even though they're "sugar-free" but I don't have the ingredients in front of me.

You can always use a stool softener to 'unpack' gently during Phase 1. ;) Plus, don't forget to eat your beans! They're a wonderful natural way to get things 'moving!'

Thanks beachgal! I didn't even think about them not being safe for Phase 1. :dizzy:
These are the ingredients (I have the "Weight Management" kind - not sure if that matters or not...):
Chromium 200 mcg
Inulin (a natural vegetable fiber)
sorbitol
artificial flavors
citric acid
magnesium stearate
green tea
FD&C Red 40 aluminum lake

About the beans... are there kinds that are off-limits for Phase 1, or is any bean okay? I kind of figure that any beans with stuff added to them is not going to be okay (well, if the stuff that is added is not okay, that is), but are there just plain beans that are not so good? I thought I saw something about pinto beans being off-limits for Phase 1?

Road2Health 05-10-2007 04:15 AM

I find that if I add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds to my salad it really helps keeping me regular.

femmecreole 05-10-2007 06:34 AM

I had just the opposite problem this morning. (ph2) I wasn't thinking yesterday and had meatloaf and brown rice...apparently the oatmeal in the meatloaf and the rice had a race overnight to see who would get to the "finish line" first...I don't know which one won, but it was a BIG mistake to have both at one meal! I'll never do that again! So, if you have that problem when you get to phase 2, I know what will give you a good cleaning! I was thinking about calling in sick today, but I think everything is ok now.

beachgal 05-10-2007 01:03 PM

Poor Femme! :(

MissAnne, yours sound fine for P1, mine are 'sugar free' but they have cornstarch and dextrose (small bit), so they're not. I ought to try yours! ;)

As for beans, you can have any kind, just check them for sugar--even plain kidney beans can have sugar in them...oy! :rolleyes:

missanne 05-10-2007 06:15 PM

Gotcha - thanks Beachgal!