A little history...

• So I joined this site earlier this week. Just wanted to tell you a little about myself.
    My name is Charity, I just turned 29, I'm a wife and a mother of 3 beautiful children. I, like many, have been overweight most of my life. When I was 12 I became bulimic and have been since. I have had my good years and bad years, gone on every diet you can imagine. I have found that the South Beach way of life not only helps me lose weight, but keeps me from binging and purging most of the time. In the past year I have lost 30 pounds and feel great! Then I slowly fell off the south beach wagon and started gaining....then binging and purging again. My husband wanted to put me in a hospital program, but I am hoping to overcome this with out having to leave my family. I'm having a very hard time getting through phase 1. I do really well for about 3 days, then I slip up. I know that if I can make it through 2 weeks of phase 1, I will be on the right track to keep losing weight the right way. I've got to do this for me...for my children and my husband.
    Thanks to all of you for the warm welcomes and support I have already received. I'm looking forward to being a BIG FAT LOSER!!!!
  • Charity, I am sure South Beach will work fine for you and get you on track. Please join us in the daily and get to know us.

You could also check out the Chicks In Control Area for additional support. There's a group of great chicks there who have gone through what you are dealing with.
  • Charity! I think it's great that you are trying hard to overcome your bulimia and get healthy for your children and husband.

Please do check out The Chicks In Control forum while you're doing the SBD. I think you'll find a wealth of support and encouragement there to help you succeed.