Phase I Chicks - Week beginning March 11

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
  • Thanks for starting a new thread Ruth!

in the last one you told me that imitation crab wasn't allowed BUT here is a quote from 2 chats with one of Dr. A's nutritionists about the imitation crab meat:

Quote:
    Member Question: What about imitation crabmeat? I can't afford the "real thing," so I purchase the Louis Kemp Imitation Crab meat for my salads. Is this acceptable?

Sandy: Yes, it is permitted on the diet. Imitation crabmeat is generally white fish.
    Quote:
    Member Question: Hi Sandy. I have read that Imitation Crab Meat is ok for this diet. Is it still ok even if wheat starch is ingrediant #3 and potato starch is ingrediant #5?

Sandy: Yes it is still okay to use. The amount of wheat and potato starch is very small. This is why it is okay for use on the SBD
    Its one of those silly rules
  • RocknRoll ~ I checked and double-checked and yes, you are correct, Surimi is allowed on all phases. (I'm assuming that surimi is imitation crab, right?) Personally, I'm glad you brought this up because I use it on occasion, too!
  • I'll just crawl into my corner and shut up. I still don't see how it can be OK with all that crud in it!

Here's a post from way back. There seems to be a lot of controversy.
  • Ok, after reading that, I'm totally turned off imitation fish of any kind!
  • Good Morning all.........I weighed in for the first time this morning after being on phase 1. I am down 10lbs. Not a bad way to start the week off huh!!???? I plan on staying with what I have been doing for another 2 weeks except I am adding a few strawberries in. Hubby lost 8 lbs. over the last 2 weeks. I can tell in my jeans that the weight is starting to come off. Make me feel sooooo good.
  • Well I am back...AGAIN, I did so well on the beach over the holidays, was down to 145 and well guys , I BLEW IT!! My ex husband, went home to be with the Lord as a result of a car wreck Jan 31 st and I cant explain it, but a switch in my brain went off and I have ate ever since, We have a 13 yr old daughter and I went into a funky depression that I am very glad to say is finally over with, so here I am , Back at 157 pounds and ready to get back on the health train , I have my girls to try to be healthy for and now more than ever they have needed me, Plus I went to see my moms mom and she said that diabetes and heart problems are really prevelant in that side of the family so I had better watch for that...So here I go again, wish me luck guys
  • One week down, one to go!

I weighed in this morning and have lost 7.5 pounds. That's definitely enough motivation to keep me going this week.

For anyone trying out the recipes posted here, do you have any that you'd recommend? (or not) I've been doing some experimenting, trying to avoid boredom and making sure we're eating right. My husband's very picky, so if he likes the meal, I consider it a success. The taco bake, cola chicken and chicken divan have all been great.

My favorite so far is the chicken divan, because of the curry flavor. If anyone tries this, I recommend going with beachgal's modifications (steaming fresh broccoli, sauteing chicken, upping curry amount) - we both enjoy Indian food so eating something with the flavor of curry hit the spot.

Not-so-successful experiments have been the breakfast egg cups - they are OK when first made but not so great (in our opinion) when reheated the next day.

Here's to a great week!
  • Gettinittogether, congratulations! That's an excellent loss for the first week! adding in teh strawberries will be great - sort of a Phase 1.25.

Christian, I'm glad to see you back. You have had a difficult time but now is YOU time.

LitChick, 7.5 is a great Phase I losds too. As to recipes, if you like hot stuff, you'll probably like the Ethiopian Chicken, Salsa Chicken, Spicy Pork and my Tex-Mex Pork chops. All of these are tried and true recipes and are stickies in the Phase I Entree Section. (I'm having the Tex Mex chops tonight. I make single serving meals and freeze them for later. I love my "stash".)
  • Hello All!

Today is my first day on Phase 1. I am veggie challenged, and I absolutely hate all varieties of fish. I'm nervous that I won't be able to stay on this plan and am not sure I totally understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll be reading through many of the SB threads today. Is there anyone else that can't stand fish? Do you eat mostly chicken instead?

Thanks!
    Karen
  • Hi everyone. I almost had my 2 weeks on Phase 1 under my belt, but then went on a 4 day binge. Bad me. Today I am back at it Phase 1, for another 2 weeks. Hopefully some of the different recipes here can help me out. Can anyone offer suggestions for recipes for 2, 1 of which being a 1 yr. old. My hubby is gone during the week and I find it hard to make alot of this stuff do to some of the ingredients and spices, with the baby. Of course, the baby is by no means on a diet, she gets other foods to go with this stuff, but I hate to make one main dish for me and then another thing completely for her. Any help would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone and hopefully this will be a great week.
  • Hi
    Hello all! I am on day 5 of Phase 1. Still keeping strong! I have never really used a scale because I am scared of them but today I plan to purchase one! Do I weigh myself weekly?
  • Ksk571, don't tell anyone but I really don't like fish either. However, there are lots of options - check out the Phase I Food List in the FAQ. I'm veggie challenged too but eat lots now, especially with hummus as a dip.

Ciarasmommy, and congrats on nearly having Phase I under your belt. Lots of the recipes can be cut in half and most of them are fine frozen and reheated too. Perhaps some of the other mums with young kids can help you out.

Jennimarie, you really will be able to assess how this plan works by the way your clothes fit if you have scale phobia. If you do get a scale, weigh yourself at home on the same day each week, first thing in the morning after potty and naked as possible. Good for you on completing day 5.
  • day 9 on Phase 1 !! YAY!! Has anyone stayed on phase 1 longer then 2 weeks? What about 3 weeks?
  • Is anyone else having problems restarting SB and losing weight? I followed SB for about 6 months in 2005 and lost 35 pounds without any problem. I restarted Phase 1 on February 26 of this year and I've lost nothing so far.

I didn't expect anything as dramatic as before, but geez this is frustrating.