tuna salad?

• Hey there, I am brand new to this site, and I love the commraderie I have seen. It is really an amazing thing.

Anyway, I did South Beach briefly years ago and am giving it another go. I am on day 2...woot.

Is tuna salad legal? I have seen some recipes, but what about from the deli of the grocery store?

Thanks in advance ladies, you inspire me.

Cara
  • They may be accaeptable, but it is hard to tell bc they rarely post a full list of ingredients. Plus, the mayo is most likely full fat bc of the money factor (full fat is much cheaper than low/no fat when purchased in bulk).

I would make my own if I were you.

I make mine with spices, chopped onion and peppers, and with mustard and good seasons italian dressing instead of mayo.

Good luck!
  • It may not seem to make much sense but South Beach allows regular mayonnaise. If you do use low fat you need to make sure that they are not made with high fructose corn syrup. I've included the listing from the phase 1 food list.

Mayonnaise - Regular - 1 TBS
    Mayonnaise - Low Fat - 2 TBS (avoid varieties made with high fructose corn syrup)

Personally, I would prefer to make it myself since I could add the stuff I like but I doubt if the one the deli makes is too bad. You might ask them to tell you what is in it. You would be mostly looking for bad fats or added sugar.
  • thanks so much. i want to do this properly. your advice is invaluable.