Blast Off Weekend West Coast Chicks...

• Yes girls...lets have a blast of a weekend...be good to yourselves, have fun and be creative in your meals and exercise...let's be SB babes all the way!

DH and I went out to celebrate Valentine's Day last night...we had a lovely dinner (split a steak and scampy) then to a local community theater...it was a cute play but too long. It got better toward the end.

Plans today are to start preparing for our cruise. I have to decide two outfits for formal night and casual clothes for the rest of the cruise.

Here's hoping you all have a great weekend...I will drop in now and again throughout the next two days to check on you and see that everyone is staying OP...and having a good time.

I love you sis!
  • Hi Girls:

Mama Jo: Did you make the Pumpkin Bean Soup? Sounds so interesting. Let us know how it was...If not made yet, you could make your own Coconut Milk, put the milk (legal, non fat half and half or soy) in a blender with the 2 T. Coconut...Blend...

Aimee: Sorry to hear about Josh! Hope he isn't getting that bug that is going around all over the nation.

I agree with you Sugar is very Evil...One bite and it has a person like us in its grip.

2 lbs to go....Way to go girl...Your right on track.

Booklover: Wow! 25 lbs. since Jan. 1st. Wonderful !!! wish it was me too...

As for me: I am starting Phase 1 tomorrow again...Not losing but the 2 lbs so far on Phase 2...Over eating and much more hungry...So far no gaining but I must get going again...so tomorrow is the day for a new beginning for me.

I go to the doctor the 26th to set a date for another hip replacement, so I want badly to get more weight off before that big day.

Thank you girls for always being here for me. Lu
  • Hope you are all having a GREAT weekend! I worked today, it was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing! I'm having issues with staying 100% on plan, I guess I am getting too comfortable. But I WANT this, so time to kick my butt!

mamajok - make sure you tell me all the details of your cruise, I am dying for a tropical vacation! Very cute valentines

lubajo - phase 2 is so tricky, eh? I am getting frustrated with how things are progressing.. but slow is better they say. Good luck with phase 1! We are here for you if you need any support!

I guess Josh is feeling better, he's been out since this afternoon... and its getting late. He must not have been that sick, I know I'd still be in bed! I am just waiting for my teeth to finish their whitening and then it's off to bed for me! I can't really tell if they are getting that white, however it's only day 3, just 11 more to go!

Good luck with staying on plan... we don't need it though!

-Aimee
  • 3:30 here and just now taking time to check things out on the site...Where is everyone?

Jo: Wonderful to talk with my sis via phone...Miss you!

Amiee: I bet your teeth are going to be beautiful!
    Josh must not have been too ill to be up and out today....Sure glad for you..as men can be such babies.

As for Me: Went throught all my cooking mags. collected for the past 3-4 years and I cut out all the recipes I think i would like to try. All glued on thick paper and put into those plastic covers to keep clean and into a binder that says "Recipes to Try". It was a hugh job but now I can unload the mags to a neighbor and she can go through them.

Also helped DH plant another 2 layer box of Strawberry plants...and got my 2 Artichoke Plants in...Boy was it cold out side...

Taking it easy the rest of the day...Tonight is Survivor, and Amazing Race...I like them both but Amazing Race is my favorite... Did any of you watch the series of The Beauty and the Geets?

Love you all...Lu
  • Hi girls...yes, sis it was very nice talking with you on the phone...glad we're going to do it on a regular basis from now on.

Thanks for the hint for the coconut milk.

Aimee, I will fill you all in on our cruise when I get back. We had a lovely time there on our honeymoon so I am sure it's going to be just as nice. I checked the weather there today and it's in the 80s so it will be warm.

I have been trying on different outfits to decide which to take for dress and casual. I decided on a pant suit in the slinky material that one can roll up...I have a black one and some very pretty tops to go with. I have a leopard one that looks very dressy. I have to have two dressy outfits. Most of the time people run around in crop pants, shorts or capri's...so that makes it easy to pack.

I am going to go have a bowl of that Pumpkin/Bean soup I made this morning...sis, thanks for the new recipe too!
    I love you sis!
  • Hi Chicks

I am happy to report that I have been so good...eating like I was on Ph 1 even the last 3 days. Dropped lbs. like crazy 3 lbs. in 1 day even!!!!!

UNTIL TODAY----We went out to celebrate D.H. b-day. I waited too long before eating in between meals before lunch. Here comes the chips and salsa---OH BOY!!!!

Okay I ate too many chips so skip the wrap and just go for the meat and lettuce---for lunch...that worked... until they brought desert. Cheesecake chumpachewymuncha something---Fried cheesecake!!!!! Who know such a thing existed????

I ate the leftovers for dinner while I was decorating a cake for my D.S. boyscout bakeoff. Did I mention that I licked the icing?

Now I am okay with going off OP for today but tomarrow is D.H. real b-day and we are going to the cake bakeoff. There will be cake... lots of cake. (nearly as tempting as pizza).

We will bring one home because it is D.H. b-day, then it will be in our house. Not because he really wants it, but because it is his b-day and he thinks he wants it---only he won't eat it. It will just sit there looking at me and calling my name...

Stinger...Stinger...come eat me.

Oh I think I'll go upstairs to watch my abs buster DVD now.
  • Hey girls! I can't believe the weekend is OVER! My how quickly time goes! Today I didn't have much planned but my neighbour called because she needed help setting up for her Party Lite Candle party, so I wrapped up some presents for her. When no one showed up, I decided to stay and visit for a while. That was - weird, I haven't hung out with her in a LONG time! I also went for coffee with a friend today - for 2.5 hours. I didn't eat completely on plan today But I did make a healthy lunch for breakfast tomorrow!

lubajo - I also go thru magazines and tear out certain articles - mostly makeup tricks and certain styles I love. It's a big job! I used to do recipes, but realized I wasn't really using them so I stopped. I'm also not a huge cook, I'd rather my bf do it. He's been training as a chef, his food tastes very yummy!

mamajok - I didn't realize that there was a dress code on cruises.. or is there only dress codes on the fancy nights? I totally just want a vacation where I can lay on the beach and maybe see some cool sights.. I'm a lazy vacationer, heh.

stinger - Stay away from the cake!! It's pure evil! You can totally recover from all of that, just get back on track!

Well thats it for me, I have 5 minutes left for whitening my teeth. Just 10 days to go until I have a beautiful smile! heh..

-Aimee