Phase I - Week of February 4th

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Whether you are just starting out or on the home stretch for Phase I, this thread is for you to share ideas, menus and victories.
  • Morning Everyone-

Even with all my questions I made it to day 8 of Phase 1. Today was my weigh in day and I lost 5 lbs this week.
    I am so glad I found South beach and all of you. Today I am going to work on adding more veggies and dairy to my diet.

Ruth
    Thank you so much for your help this week..

Nikki
  • Good work, Nikki!
  • Thanks ruth. I am sitting here eating an almond rasberry ricotta dish. I used the egg white like you suggested and it turned out much better. I used the almond ricotta recipe and added a splash of rasberry extract. Delicious

Nikki
  • Well... I am still here. I kinda went off phase last night (probably off the entire program actually). But, I got back to my routine today! Yesterday morning when I weighed in I was down 6lbs from last Sunday! Today... the scale was showing a slight increase. But I know my body and the scale... tomorrow morning should be close to what it was on Sunday. This just serves as a reminder of what those fast carbs can do to your body and how eating right helps.

I don't know if I am going to move on to P2 after this week or stick to P1 for a few more days... I'll wait and see how I am doing.
  • Way to go on your loss Shennigans

Nikki
  • I'm starting on Wednesday I have to go grocery shopping tommorow.
  • babygrant- Welcome. What are you planning to buy this week?

Nikki
  • alright... I am determined to go to the gym today and to go shopping for P1 foods. The cold has been my excuse for not doing either of those things and the result is I haven't been to the gym in a few days and all of my P1 food is disappearing and all I have is food that isn't anywhere on SB.

I hope everyone else has a great day and doesn't allow the cold to keep you from doing what you have to do!
  • Shenanigans -

Good for you on going to the gym. I have not been able to exercise much. I have a neurological disorder which when acting up makes it hard to even walk. I hope the lack of exercise doesnt sabotage me.

Anyhow, I am going to make myself a veggie omelet with some cheese and salsa for breakfast. also a glass of skim milk. Today is my busy day so I eat dinner at lunch and lunch at dinner. I don't get in from class until 8 so I only eat something small. I hate eating past 8 pm.

I hope everyone is having a good day

Oh.. is any alcohol allowed on phase 2? I am going out for a special event feb 17 and would like to have a drink.I have not buffed up on Phase II foods to much yet.

Thanks
    Nikki
  • Hello!

I am new to SB but not to 3FC. I was a Low Carber back in 2003-2005 on the Atkins forums.

I cant remember my username and all my email info has changed since then so I am starting Fresh.

Today is day one on SB. I printed out a bunch of info today and spent a better part of yesterday hunting for the book. I am heading to Target today to see if they have it once I drop the kids off at school. I guess everyone around here is on SB!

Oh, I am Karen, SAHM/WAHM of 2 kids ages 8 and 10. We live in WA State. I am a Crochet and Knit pattern designer.

I have been on and off diets all my life. In 2003, I was diagnosed as insulin resistant. My doctor recommended Atkins and I started my low carb life. I lost 66 pounds and kept it off unti march of 2006, when I started having Asthma Trouble. I have been off and on Prednisone since then and have gained (as of yesterday) 35 pounds! ACK! Yesterday was my last of the latest round of prednisone so I am going to GNC to buy so L-Glutimine to help with the cravings that prednisone can cause to linger, and start day one of SB Phase 1.

I know a lot of that weight is water. I also know that because I was not allowed to exercise since august that my muscle tone has gone to fat. I am still not allowed to exercise.. but I plan to remedy that next week. I have an appt with an ENT to get a 2nd opinion on my sinuses and hopefully end this battle with prednisone!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and posting with you!
  • I just started over on phase 1 of sbd. I lost 8 pounds in 9 days, then got to a stand still and gained 2 pounds back. So I am going to try and do phase 1 again, and get in more exercises. I started out at 170 and am down to 164. I can't wait to get down below 160. If the weather would get warm I could start walking. It is fun to see what other people are doing on the diet. Joyce

• grannyjc and JoviMom

I am Nikki. I started South Beach Last Monday and have lost 4-5 lbs so far. I had a slight blip today. I am a 28 year old graduate student. My goal is by May to lose 20 lbs so I can look great walking for graduation. I had taken off 31 lbs so far doing various changes. However, I was at a 6 month plateau and decided to try South beach. So far I lost the Christmas gain which was 5 lbs . I did this in one week.

I look forward to getting to know you both
    Nikki
  • Jovi and Granny!
    Jovi -I love your attitude! Prednisone is such a harsh drug. I hope you get off it jiffy quick

Nikki - you can have up to 2 glasses of wine on phase 2 enjoy!
  • Schatzi - No other alcohol? I am allergic to wine. I may have to stray and just have one drink then pop right back on track.