South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from the doc and the blood work results. I'm in A1 shape! HA1C was
.060 (non-diabetic is .040 to .060), cholesterols were great and BP was 110/60! Now....if I could just lose some weight.......

I managed to get quite a few things done this morning before I went out including some not on my list! I left bringing in firewood until later and lucked out when Eric the lad from up the hill came down and filled my wood rack to the top. I won't need to worry about that for a while.

I've a newsletter writing deadline to meet today so won't be able to comment to everyone but be safe and warm and try to eat the best you can!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #17  
gotta lose it!

Ruthie.....that's great news!!! I've been a bum today, I did find a wedding dress that I'm interested in. (Now if it only looks good on me....) It's $649.....yikes, but I'm totally worth it (wink!)
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #18  

Wow chatty bunch Love to see all you Beach Babes out in the sand!!
Thanks fer the support gals... Oy..is all I can say... I really tried to be neutral since I like both people and both are decent parents. (like they say , there's 3 or more sides to every story!) At any rate, I kept the child's best interest in mind, and at this Emergency hearing, the parents will share custody. (My understanding was that while the parents split up that they were trying to work out custody and visitation without the courts intervening...Until one got the child and refused to "give her back" denied visitation, and phone calls. ...The other parent has been devastated and has pulled out all stops - hence my involvement.

Cottage: I don't miss the real cold and snowy weather one bit..but the thought of a fire burning in the Hearth sounds so charming and inviting!

Jetsetter: Be a Sourpuss!! We can take it
Amasam: I love to hear that you love quiet time with your DH..I do to.. Dang it- after a billion years together he still makes my heart flutter and make me smile!

Ruth: You GO GIRL WITH THEM RED FRAMES Sexxxxy Thang!

Soon: We got married at the "viva las Vegas Chapel" with the Elvis Package http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/...ge_special.htm. I can't add to what WildWoman said about the photogs! Ask to see the portofolio..ask for references too. And don't be "shy" about announcing that you are wedding in las vegas..you'd be amazed by the freebees you get. I don't know how long yer staying, or what you plan to do ..but if you want some recommendations send me a PM :wink: if its in June-- start now -and book by March/for some shows. (I started to write a "novel" here on stuff to do and erased it lol)
(What color is my virtual bridesmaid gown btw? )
DH's idea of Poker night sounds FUN!!! Do any of the guys belong to a Knights of Columbus/Elks/Moose where they can use the hall or rooms? Does anyone live in one of those communities with a club house? If there arent alot of guys, why not just have it at someones house/apt? Usually all the groomsmen chip in and the Best man coordinates it all... it shouldnt all come from his pocket! Me and DH ran a pokernight fundraiser it was a lot of fun!

WW: Major decisions !!! but it sounds like you are ready for a move..ready for a change.. to make that change work for you and you are set on AZ research Everything.. the climate, the business environment, the market for your niche.. the employment for other work, the cost of housing, taxes. Moving is Never easy... but if you plan and research you are armed emotionally and understand and plan financially . I am exxxcited for you!

Lubajo: Congrats to you and DH on being Cancer Free!

My fingers are tired. must go. do some studying...Wheee!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Ruth-GREAT news on the dr visit!-and something comforting about having that firewood all stacked up-all those cozy fires to look forward to.

Soon2B-I have had clients find their dress-try them on etc-write down the maker and design and find them online for about 1/2 price-wish I remembered the name of the website now-but a google search may turn something up.

Schatzi-I am flying down this weekend to meet with my friend/future business partner and view the area, hopefully meet wth someone at the local chamber of commerce and view the local galleries. I have been doing photography for 18 years,10 self employed, but the past 2 threw me for a loop with family issues.

Last edited by WildWoman; 01-23-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #20  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Morning Star It is nice to have a buddy to walk with.

Ruth Great news on the doctors report

2B Be sure to post pics in your beautiful dress

Schatzi Sorry to hear about all the trouble. I pray that peace comes over this family for the sake of the children

Wildwoman Hope your trip is a success

Me For the first time in months I had a 'emotional' snack today...I actually caught myself because since doing SB I am very aware of when I cheat. This was not just a oh yummy food cheat. This was an eat through my worry kind of cheat---scary.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #21  
gotta lose it!

Schatzi - my gf from kindergaren is going to be my maid of honor & she's wearing black....so you're welcomed to match her. When it get's closer to the date, I will give the address to the live feed so all my virtual bridesmaids can be there!

WW - the dress is from David's Bridal, style # 9T9218
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Dear SB Ladies...today is a bad day for me...not a stone but another of many infections. I am on two very strong anti-biotics so I am not quite up to par. I would love to comment on each post but like I said, it's not a good day.

So I am doing the next best thing...I hope these little tips to boost your energy level is a help each of you.

The 'water' one is more important to me now than ever.

Love to you all....I love you sis!

Coffee or Tea
Need a quick boost? Have a cup of coffee or tea. It takes about an hour to work it’s way into your system, just drink it in moderation.

Don’t Skip Meals
You’ve heard it since you were a kid, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t skip it. The same goes for lunch and dinner. Remember it’s better to eat 4 or more smaller meals throughout the day than it is to eat two big ones.

Think Fruit
You may crave a quick sugar fix from a candy bar but opt for a piece of fresh fruit instead. Not only will it be sweet but it will contain healthy nutrients and vitamins as well.

Drink Water
Be sure you stay hydrated during the day. To find the right amount of water you need to drink experts recommend dividing your weight in half. For example is you weighed 180 pounds you would need to drink 90 ounces of water.

Stretch Regularly
Are you trapped in a cubicle or at a desk all day? If so try to schedule some quick stretches during the day. To feel even better why not try going for a quick 5 or 10 minute walk around your office.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #23  

Mamajok: although you are under the weather - you still make time for a thought provoking loving post.. Thank you and feel better soon

Stinger:Pat yer self on the back for Seeing the snacking for what it is and doing something about it..those are major emotional steps!

WW: You sound like you got a right good plan thar! I marvel at you "creative types" that can make a living from your art form! I cant wait to hear all about your journey!

Soon: how FAB U LOUS!! A live feed??? I'm there!
I can wear my Vegas Wedding Dress as a bridesmaid doo... It's ALL BLACK! (tasteful buddacourse )
Old 01-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #24  

Soon That dress is BEE-U-TI-FUL!! I can't wait to hear what you think once you try it on. I, too, have heard about googling dress shops that will get you the dress for a less expensive price. I actually did that for my bridesmaids and would have for my dress, but my mom had already put down a big deposit that was nonrefundable. I will ask my mom if she remembers who we used- it was someone in Louisiana.

Mama Hope you are doing okay!

Stinger Isn't it amazing how quickly we got food when worried or stressed? I always like to think many of my behaviors have been conquered, but they are right there on the surface. Hang in there!

Schatzi I am sure that was a rough time at family court. Good for you for keeping the best interest of the child in mind.

WW Yup, just well care visits- they were both in great shape. My younger daughter (19 mos) has a constant runny nose which he thinks is allergies. Other than that they are healthy as can be. They both had shots, which was loads of fun. My 5 year old tried to be so brave, but just busted out in tears. The nurse crack me up, they are so immune to it all, they just leave you with two screaming kids. (As they should, since most kids cry!)

Ruth Great news on your exam results! I also would LOVE to see your new specs!

Barb Hey you! Glad to "see" you! I bought a canister of oatmeal, but have yet to make it. Sounds yummy!

Me- Had an impromtu dinner guest as I invited my girlfriend and her son over. Her son is having tons of trouble at school and she is at her wits end. I feel so bad for her as the dad is involved, but she is essentially dealing with all of this on her own. He and my DD have been friends their whole lives and he is a neat kid, just has some problems. She definitely needed a warm meal, glass of wine, and someone to talk to. Anyhow.... did my own rendition of the Sage and Rosemary Pork recipe from the SBD cookbook and it was GOOD! I am too tired right now to type out the recipe, but will do so soon. It may already be there.

Time to snuggle...later chicks!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #25  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Evening, everyone. Wish I could say I'm in a better mood tonight, but I'm just not feeling it. Just put a dose of Zycam in my chai, and I hope I can get some decent sleep. On a brighter note, my back is feeling slightly better today. I swear by IcyHot patches. They seem to do the trick, but I hate the way they smell and so I use them only at night. My problems are definitely muscular.

Too sleepy now to respond to all of you, but I'm sitting quietly here in the support section.

I've been considering calling in sick tomorrow. I haven't taken a sick day for myself since I started working there in September. We'll see what kind of night I have and how I feel in the morning.

G'nite, chickadees...
Closed Thread