NSV (Non Scale Victories)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been snuggled up under a blanket surfing around the 3FC site and found a thread I thought was neat.

It made me think of Cottage who is frustrated today because she is doing all the right things (like not make a SBD chocolate cake b/c she knows she will be tempted to eat too much of it!) and isn't seeing the payoff on the scale.

What are some Non Scale Victories you have had recently that you want to share?? Let's celebrate all of the good things we are doing that are not related to the scale!!
  • Well, I went to my boyfriend's parents' place on day 5 of SB, and they had FIVE of my FAVORITE kinds of chocolate, and while everyone else was gorging, I managed to not even have a single tiny crumb!

Then yesterday (day 7) I went to my parent's place, and my mom was chain smoking (I've been an ex-smoker for 11 1/2 months) and my dad was eating 3 different yummy kinds of cookies and again, I RESISTED!

I was really proud of myself! Two hurdles jumped!
    Can't wait to hear other people's NSVs!!
  • After a rough week at work, on Saturday I did nothing...not even grocery shop. I am proud to say that although my house was filled with non SBD friendly foods (I haven't done the clean out yet) and very little SBD friendly foods, I was able to scrape together my 3 meals and 2 snacks, none of which were popcorn, candy canes, or pasta.
  • I started SB with my size eights a little snug... yesterday i tried on a pair of black size Six pants and not only did they zip up, they buttoned up! They are a little snug to wear out but i give myself a week and i'll be smokin in em

also, since i've started, i have lost 4.75 inches and my body fat percentage went from 23.2% to 20.6%
  • I just remembered another one I've had -- I haven't had heartburn since I started SB! I used to get it at least every second day. Woo hoo!
  • I went to lunch with 2 of my co-workers & while they ate chili dogs & cheese fries with a coke! I had a chef salad with water!!
  • You Beachies are inspirational!!!!!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, Kiko!

Anna, I had to laugh at this:

Quote:
    I was able to scrape together my 3 meals and 2 snacks, none of which were popcorn, candy canes, or pasta.
    You are awesome!!!

Today I got up at 8:30 and went to the gym to do the hard workout class that I love. I got there just as it started...had to lug all my equipment over to the other corner in front of everyone...managed to spill water from my water bottle on the floor and had to trudge across everyone to get a towel to wipe it up, but I finished the class, and it felt great! I'm glad I didn't let little obstacles get in my way or make me feel bad.
  • Yeah girls!!

The bag of Doritos in our pantry was calling my name last night, really loudly!!! Instead of caving, I read my book and fell asleep.
  • I resisted the red wine sitting on the kitchen counter last night and had diet gingerale instead!
  • I took the girls out for ice cream this afternoon, and I didn't even taste a smidgen of it!

to ALL us gals!!!!
  • Yeah Cottage! Don't even a bit?? We are going to DO this- pound by pound!!
  • My office bought breakfast for us this morning, and I had one whole grain bagel with low fat cream cheese, and just a tiny little bit of a fat-free blueberry muffin - even though poppyseed white bagels with full fat cream cheese and GIANT regular muffins were on offer!
  • I had my first BAD day yesterday (Indian food for lunch - not my choice, an extra slice of bread at dinner, and 4, yes, 4 desserts - 4 peanut butter cookies, which count as 2 desserts, SF chocolate pudding, and a SF fudgesicle) and was REALLY choked about it.

Instead of giving up, however, I just picked myself up and I'm back on track today (although my cravings are definitely worse today!); even got up and exercised this morning. In the past, I would have used that as an excuse to have a bad WEEK (if not longer), so I'm happy knowing that I'm really in this for the long haul.
  • Just bumping this up...it's a great thread!
  • I work weekends nights so my sleep gets thrown off on the weekends, my weigh in is supposed to be on Monday mornings, but I only get 3 hours of sleep...can't help but jump on the scale though...this past Monday when I got on my weight had gone up 2 lbs...in the past this would have been a reason for me to quit and say forget it, it's not working...I decided to stick to phase 2 and when I got on the scale on Tuesday morning, I found out I actually was down 1.5 lbs from previous week...but the biggest thing was overcoming the mental issue. This my 4th week of eating right and I am loving it.....