South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #1  

One week of P1 down, and I'm down 4 pounds woohoooo!
I might not lose much this week as I'm PMSing, but yeah well I'll finally have to accept the fact that I'll have a week every month where I can't lose and even possibly gain a few pounds! So unfair!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  

You're off to a Great Start Confuzed!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I am down three pounds - I started on wed, but I am happy with the results so far.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #4  

I've got week one of PH1 down here as well and i'm down 3lbs. Yipee.. It's nice to see the numbers go down, but it seems its never fast enough once they start moving lol. I'm looking for a good group to help keep me on track. I've lost my diet buddy and it would be good to have a group to check in with so that I stay committed.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

One week in and I'm down 5 pounds - this is my first week ever doing South Beach, and I have to say that it's not as hard as I thought! I love my carbs, but cutting them out hasn't been so difficult. I do indulge myself a little, though, and could probably cut down on the string cheeses, but they're so good! Oh, and I have bleu cheese dressing on my lunch salads, because I just hate the taste of vinaigrette. I had one drink this whole week, but that was it - and it was a vodka tonic.

I've tried some of the recipes in the book and they are great so far. And I think having the support here in the forums will be great.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #6  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Great job, everyone!! I'm envious. Think I must be doing something wrong, because after 1 week I was exactly where I started. This week, I'm going to keep a very close eye on how much as well as what.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

One week and I am down 3. ALso am feeling good about the fact my knee high boots are not as snug on my calves-can zip them right up, and when I take them off-there's not the major wrinkles from them being too tight. yippee!
Made a cheesecake last night-it actually turned out to be pretty good-I am quite pleased, maybe I should have written down what all I put in there. LOL
Jetsetter-hang in there-I'm sure it will start droping soon. I would suggest always keep a water bottle with you if you are not now-and eat lots of veggies. Maybe take your measurements-maybe you've had a NSV (non-scale victory)
Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Lost 5 lbs this frist week...so happy about that...I keep telling my self I am going to do it this time...and May or June will be here before I know it...times flies....
I love to see all the post, so much encouragement here...Bless you all...Keep it up and drink your water!!!!that goes for me too!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, everyone!

Lubajo, I went ahead and changed your ticker to show the loss.

Everyone: Here's how to change your own ticker...

Go to User CP - top left.
Click on Signature
Change the #/#/# part. For example, to show a 5 pound loss go from
0/40/0 to 0/40/5
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Down 8.5 for this week. Pretty happy about that.

Congrats on everyone who stuck with phase one....the first week is the hardest I think.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #11  
GoHogsGirl

Started phase 1 today!!! I had 2 kids in roughly 2 years, and last year I spent the majority of the year working out, but not "dieting" - didn't LOSE A POUND!! Got really toned though! Towards the end of the year - I quit going to the gym all together - so... now, back to the gym and going to add healthy eating!! We'll see what happens!!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, GoHogsGirl. Be sure to hang out here a lot for fun and support.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I've lost 7 pounds for my first two weeks in phase one I am staying one extra week just to make sure my cravings are 100 % gone! Congrats on the success everyone!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #14  

I started P1 today and so far things are going well. I was on SBD for the first part of last year, so at least this time around I know what I can expect! I do have a headache, but I think that's because I cut down on the caffaine (1 can of Diet Coke instead of 3 or 4). Tonight's dinner will be Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce (a FAV of mine, even when I went O(ff)P!!) and a huge salad. YUM-O.

I should probably get back to work (shhhh...I won't tell if you won't)

Have a good rest of the day ladies!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #15  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone...I started phase 1 today as well. I did fine....dreading day 3. Looking foward to eating clean foods again...no more sugar and flour!!! I read all the time on this message board, so I thought it is time to start participating. Good job so far ladies!
Closed Thread