South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #16  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks. Thanks for the warm thoughts. I am feeling a little better today not as tired. Taught my dance class this morning, did a little shopping bought a sweet pair of pink nikies and some new hair color. Plus I bought a new vest boots and scarf hat and gloves that match the vest. Shopping always makes me feel better, plus I was out of the house and away from DH for awhile. Sorry if I was sounding crabby at any time. I would rather have 10 sick kids then 1 sick hubby. Well I must dash as he is feeling lonely as I have been gone most of the day.Take care and I will be back in tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #17  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi girls

I need to trade in a teenager (drama Queen) for a large pizza No just kidding...only 5 more years to go then she goes to college.

A funny thing happened at the gym. I was working out like crazy, listening to music from my head-phones. The manager walks up and asked when I would be done. It seems the place was closing down--everybody but me had already left. I was so into my workout I didn't even notice.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Kim: Praying for your friend in Austin...Phone her and being you have a computer, when you can take time make a bunch of cards and send one every day with your love...Really meant a lot to a friend of mine who was in the hospital for a long time...just a suggestion honey...
Old 01-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

lubajo ~ What a sweet idea! I must remember that for future reference!

Sorry for the quick exit out of here earlier, my DD and the kids totally surprised us this morning with their visit. We had just gotten back from the grocery store and finished putting everything away, and were wondering if anyone would show up today. We had a real nice day, and I made a nice dinner of grilled chicken, ricotta-stuffed portobella mushrooms, and a strawberry spinach salad. Yum!
Everyone around here is gearing up to watch the big Eagles game tonight. That's all everyone is talking about. I'm not a sports fan, but I hope they win. Seems all our home teams cave in under pressure, and it's time to break the curse. There will probably be a lot of wild celebrating around here if they win!
Well, I haven't had time to sit and relax all day, so I'm going to put on my nightie, make a pot of tea, and curl up with my book for the rest of the night.

To all of you experiencing the terrible ice storms right now, stay in and be safe.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

cottage- can you post the strawberry spinach salad recipie please.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #21  

Cottage Glad that you got to enjoy some time with your DD and grandkids. Your dinner sounds yummy! I made the Fireside Soup again tonight and thought of you. Yum!!

LC Gotta love the retail therapy!!

I am beginning to wonder if the meterologists have over exaggerated the weather forecast for us as they have every worried, but it really hasn't been bad.

Okay, going to log off and make a cup of tea. I could climb into bed right now, but my best friend and I have made a "phone date" at 9:00. It seems we never get a chance to really talk these days, so thought if we set a time it would be easier.

Have a good night all!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #22  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

WildWoman - The girls are 3½ and 1½. Not really old enough to expect them to keep things picked up the way I'd like.

Kim - Prayers for your friend. I hope they're able to find what's causing her bleeding and get everything under control.

Kiko - Good to see your forecast was at least partly wrong. I think they do that on purpose...to be the good guy when things don't turn out as bad as they want you to believe they might be. It's only when things are worse than they forecast that they get all the hate mail!!

I made meatball casserole tonight. The meat was good, but I'll keep experimenting with the pasta sauce. I tried a new organic variety, but it was too twangy for my taste. Made some spaghetti for the girls to go with it and they both dug in.

As soon as my sheets are dry and I get the bed made, I'm crawling in. It's a whole 18º out, and that's about as warm as it's going to get for the next couple of days.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

DH and I just got back from some errands - we got a late start as I did not even get showered today until about 5:30 as I was sick again last night and was terribly unmotivated all day. I am usually pretty healthy, so it is beginning to wear thin! I am trying to stick to SB as much as possible, but there are moments when saltines are the only thing that sounds good to eat!

We are expecting freezing rain tonight - it seems the ice and cold is hiting many of us. The strangest winter weather. It was at least 50 yesterday and the forcasted high for Tuesday is 27.

Hope everyone has a great and relaxing Saturday night!
Ally
Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #24  

Littlechick ~ I'm going to post my Strawberry Spinach salad right now in the Phase 2 Salads. Very yummy, we love it! Thanks for asking for it. How's DH doing? I'm glad you were able to get out of the house this morning for a bit of "me" time.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #25  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone...sorry I'm on here so late, but I couldn't get on this morning....unlike Ms. Schatzi we had ice (not 74!!) so I had to chisel my car free this morning so I could goto work (I was about 6 mins late - darn!)
Then I cheated this evening. My fiance called me at work & asked if I want to goto the Pistons game (YES!!) So we went to the game & I had 1/2 of a chicken caesar wrap (yuck!) and way too much popcorn. But the game was great - Pistons beat the Celtics & are tickets were free & we had VIP parking. Our seats we right behind the Boston bench. We had fun, but I cheated....tomorrow is another day - ON PLAN!
Still hungry....off to find some veggies...
Old 01-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check in today. I'll be back to read later. Sorry to hear about the weather worries. We are about to get it up here - a normal Canadian winter at last!

Yesterday was a good day for getting stuff done and also for food! The damned scale is still the same this morning! I guess I'm still paying for part of the blip from the stir-fry sauce last week. Q. Will I ever learn? A. No!

After Church coffee treat this morning will be my Bacardi rum cake. It was specially requested by one of the guys last week. I will resist it even though it is my birthday. I have an Open House to survive this afternoon and then will be going to dinner at Claire and Doug's house. Today will test my resolve but I do have coping strategies - I just get ambushed sometimes.

The Girls need a bit of cuddling so I'm going to do that before I get ready for Church. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #27  

Psssst-Today's RUTH'S BIRTHDAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTH!!

I'm sending you warm wishes for a wonderful day today, and enjoy a piece of your Rum Cake, too!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #28  

Ruth!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #29  

Happy Birthday Ruth!!!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #30  

I went to the potluck last night and did OK for a while, followed phase 1 the first hour then moved into phase 2 the second (wine and fresh fruit added) then moved right up to phase 4 or 5 or 9 by the end of the evening. Back to a phase 1 breakfast this morning, and have my phase 1 lunch packed ready to go to work.

Stinger, my drama queen is only 9!

Little Chick, what kind of dance?

Good morning, JanaM.

Off to work now. We have the white we didn't have for Christmas, with a layer of ice underneath.
Closed Thread