Starting out

• Hello all,

I am completely new to South Beach. I followed the Atkins plan for about 6 months and lost around 30lbs about two years ago, once I decided it wasn't for me, I slowly put the weight back on and have carried it ever since. I'm sick of it and I'm taking control.

I've heard great things about SBD, and I found 3FC extremely helpful on my Atkins journey, so I'm slinking in again to try and lose my extra weight permanently.

Day 1: Phase 1 starts today.
  • Always nice to see new people come in..I am only into my second week...Did Atkins and was successful but gained it back too...I am glad I am on SB now and learning a more healthful way of eating...Good luck to you, drink your water and exercise.
  • Guzzling water right now! I can't wait to get to the shops and buy everything I need to eat right.
  • Stumblein! Don't forget to check out our recipe boards, too. There are some great recipes in there to help you get through your days!
  • Thanks cottagebythesea. I remember one of my Atkin's favourites, Mock Danish, which seems to be SBD friendly - I'll make that tomorrow
  • You already know we you with open arms! Phase 2 on SB will feel like a Queens Buffet!
  • Welcome

Hope you like SB on phase 2 as much as I do. At first I didn't think I'd keep losing but I do.

Glad to have you on the beach