3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   new here today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/100872-new-here-today.html)

Bionic Beach Babe 01-02-2007 04:49 PM

Ruthxxx and sis

Ruth, my goal for Jan is 8lbs..

Jo. Nice picture of Baby Doll...First day is rough...I am dying for a candy bar but will not give in...I must do this or not walk again...Andy and I went about 2 blocks today.

For you who don't know, I have 2 artificial knees and a hip so far...Got to get the weight off or get the other hip done sooner. I am going to do it...I am going to do it....:dizzy:

WildWoman 01-02-2007 05:43 PM

Allrighty gals-EAT BEANS!
-I just finished off a bowl of lima beans out of the crock pot.(I had never thought of them as a dry bean type thing before)
Beans are a good carb because of the fiber and protien content. remember they say-not low carb-RIGHT carbs.
Just got back from the gym, horses, etc-had taken 2 peanut butter cookies, and a 6 oz container of the tofu jello with me.
I, myself never throw anything out and wouldn't balk at the outdated metamucil if it's been stored properly.
please please please-you should not be hungry-go eat something! more of the allowable veggies, hard boiled egg, SOMETHING---oooh this is yummy-take a string cheese and roll it up in either a LF ham slice or LF turkey with a squirt of mustard roll up and nuke it-yummy yummy.

The tofu jello I make with SF jello, and instead of the cold water add tofu in the blender with the hot water jello mixture-blend the heck outta it and pour in individual size cups ( I reuse my yogurt containers so they can travel well and its no big deal if you lose the container) This sticks with you a little better than plain SF jello and sneaks some tofu into my diet. :D

WildWoman 01-02-2007 06:58 PM

Hey Lubajo

here is the link to the list of foods for Ph1
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548
saw your comment elsewhere-rice is not allowed-brown or otherwise:(
got reminded that pumpkin is also a phase 2 thing-boo hoo-guess that will have to wait for me.

mamajok 01-02-2007 09:18 PM

:carrot: Well I made it through my first day...:carrot:
Four meals...and stange at that!:dizzy:
b'fast- Scrambled Eggs (2) and Talipia
Lunch - Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Grn Beans
Mid day - Pastrami, Hard Boiled Egg, Veggies
Dinner - Shrimp (5) Peanutes, Grapefruit.
Now does that sound kookie or what!
If this works it will amaze me for sure. :rolleyes:
I did manage to get some water down today...I used to carry a bottle all the time but got out of the habit...30 days to make a habit - right!
It helps to come here and read all the notes - the ones that have been faithful are a real inspiration...thank you! :cp:

I love you sis!
PS Oh, how do I put the cute little weight chart at the bottom of my notes?
I copied the url to my signature but do not see it showing up yet?

WildWoman 01-02-2007 09:52 PM

grapefruit sounds yummy-but Ph 1 is a no fruit zone.
also didnt see any veggies at breafast (supposed to be 1/2 cup-this is easy if you like stuff in your eggs)
and would try and get the daily 4 1/2 cups pf veggies in.

NOW WAIT till you hear what I did to some tofu (OK OK so it was on sale)
well when i was on my way home from the gym eating the tofu jello stuff I was thinking "Gee, Lisa, this is nice and fluffy-wonder what it would be like with chocolate???"
so yeah
tonight I made some Knox gelatine tofu chocolate fluff-pretty good but a little bouncy-next time I will just use 1 envelope of gelatine.
2 env knox gel, softened in 1/3 C water
7 envelopes blue sweetener
1/3C SF cocoa powder
1/2 C milk
cook on low till blended
add
1/2 t Vanilla
couple drops rum extract
put in blender with
1 box tofu (12 oz)

blend on "Aerate" makes it nice and fluffy-refrigerate till firmish
Like I said tho-a little too bouncy to pass off as mousse-but chocolate none the less:D

Ruthxxx 01-03-2007 06:16 AM

How about joining the Thread for other Phase One starters this week? Sharing ideas is a good motivator. I can merge this thread if you like.

I'll check out the tracker problem, mamajok. It shows in your profile but not on the posts. Hmmm.

mamajok 01-03-2007 02:32 PM

Thank you Ruthxxx for the help, I am writing this to see if it works this time.

Second day on diet is going okay because my daughter is here helping us weed out more STUFF remaining from our move that I was not ready to get rid of quite yet...BUT, now I am so happy to get rid of it, it's a load off my shoulders for sure.

Have a great day Ruthxxx and sis...I love you sis!

Ruthxxx 01-03-2007 05:07 PM

I'm glad my fix worked.