New Year's Day Chat - 2007!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning and Happy New Year to us all!

The Girls and I celebrated alone last night with two movies - The Banger Sisters and Erin Broke-o-something. They were both pretty good and I enjoyed them. My classy dinner turned into salad and some of the porkless baked beans I made in the PM.

Our morning is looking good but the forecast for Ottawa is still freezing rain. The Hyper Pypers may still be able to make it so I am going to scurry around and do some organizing shortly. The temp is 43F so it'll definitely be a muddy paw day as most of the snow has now melted. Crazy weather for Canada in January!

How is your day/year shaping up?
  • Good Morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had the rare luxury of sleeping in this morning, and it felt so good. It's pouring heavy rain out, so that made it feel even better. Yesterday we took down the trees and all the decorations, and that took up most of the day. That evening our DS and his family came for a Shrimp Scampi dinner and stayed until 9, and shortly after that Jake and I went to bed. Very exciting.
    Today our DD and family are coming to spend the day, and we'll have our traditional Pork & Sauerkraut "good luck" dinner. It's not especially my favorite, but one year I didn't make it and we had a very unlucky year - so never again!
  • Happy New Year everyone!!! After the carb-fest that is my parents house over the holidays, I'm trying to get back on track.

Stayed in last night because I was on-call for work. But, it was a nice evening. Curled up with a cup of SF hot chocolate and watched the Seinfeld marathon.

Today, will be working on planning food for the week, and my boss's birthday 40th birthday party on Wednesday. Should be fun.

Everyone have a great day!
  • We had a great time with friends last night at thier NewYears Party. I too got to sleep in today.

For my New Years dinner I would love to have Babyback ribs. I could skip the Sauerkraut and go for coleslaw instead.

TwoPeas
  • I got to sleep in as well. It sure felt nice. The party we were supposed to go to was cancelled as the hostess was sick so we stayed home. Brian got hooked on old Hee Haw episodes on TV and didn't go to bed until 11. He still has one more week of winter vacation before he goes back to school so he's okay.

I'm not sure what we are doing today. It's my last day off. Dh talked about wanting to go to the big Half Priced Books so we may do that. I finished a really good L.E. Modesitt last night and I'd love to get the sequel. I don't see a weight loss December results thread yet but I ended up gaining like I thought I would.
  • 2007 is here!

I've decided to head back to P1 for 2 weeks. I'm counting on it being my last restart. I was feeling nervous about getting on the scale for the first time in a while, but was pleasantly surprised! I'm down to 210! That's not the lowest I've been since starting SB, but it was a 3 lb loss for December! It's been five years or more since I've not gained over the holidays! I feel very good about that!

Today we're going to get the decorations down and I've got grocery shopping. I'm going to hit the treadmill for a half an hour and then get on my bike for ten minutes. I need to work the biking in slowly as I'm still not used to it. I'm sure it'll be fine!

I guess I need to get to exercising. I didn't realize it was almost 11! Hope everyone has a great day 1 of 2007!
  • Happy New Year, everyone.

I, too, was able to sleep in a little bit this morning. The girls didn't wake me up until 6:30. We're watching the Rose Parade and after the little one gets up from her nap, I'll work on cleaning the disaster that is our living room. With any luck, they'll let me do some food prep for the week, too.
  • Grumble.

Don't know if that's me or my stomach. Slept until 9 when work called me. I'm up, I'm up. Watched a movie with DH and took a long, hot shower to try to loosen my achey muscles up and for the first time since I've lived here, I ran us out of hot water! D'oh. So Terry's playing his new video game, trying to wait a bit so he can have some warm water.

I get to go to Old Navy today! YAY! Hurray for gift cards! I need new khakis for work, some sweaters since I have no winter clothes, and apparently the summer clothes are out already so I should grab something to wear for Key West. Twelve more days!!!

Hope you girls have a fantastic New Year! Happy 07!

Lisa
  • Hi to all of you...I am new here on this site and chose South Beach to go on...How do I get a graph for my weight? Last night a girl friend and I brought in the new year with a Nightwatch group...Lots of good singing and music...I am no doubt older than any of you here so just call me mama Lu...I have 2 artificial knees and 1 hip so far with more coming if I don't get some weight off these old bones...Hey, maybe bad bones but good heart and you can't keep me down....good luck to you all....
  • Hi, Mama Lu, and !

To create a weight tracker, just click on the User CP at the top of the page, and click on Edit Signature. There will be a box on your right that will walk you step by step on how to create your weight tracker. We have people of all ages here, so don't feel alone. I, myself, am the proud grandmother of 3 granddaughters ranging in age from 16 - 2, with another on the way.
  • Well, the Hyper Pypers are on their way, the lasagna is in the oven for the next two hours, the table is set with Christmas dishes and candles and I'm ready to roll.
  • Here is to a wonderful 2007 for all of us! Let's make it a super healthy one.

Sounds like everyone had a relaxing evening no matter how big or small. We had fun- we went to a friend's house that we hang out with regularly. It was a small get together- the kids had a blast. My 5 year old, although we put them to bed at 9:30 was unable to fall asleep until close to midnight. She is hanging in there well today, which is amazing to me. I was not on plan at all, but am back on track today.

Lubajo- we are glad you are here!

Weezle The girls and I stopped by Old Navy today- they had tons of great stuff on sale.

Cottage Yum! Shrimp Scampi! That is great that you are getting time with your kids and grandkids today. DH and I have never done the pork and sauerkraut, maybe that is what we have GOT to do this evening!

Jet 6:30 is sleeping in?? What time do your kids usually get up?? Mine don't sleep very late at all..... but yours must be up early if 6:30 is sleeping in.

Ruth, TwoPeas, Kim, and Jana Have a great day!!
  • Another New Year.

Mama Lu. You may not be the oldest one here. I too have five grandchildren, four girls and a boy ranging in age from 16 -2.

Enjoy that lasagne Ruth. The weather has been weird everywhere this year.

Weezle: Good shopping. I am looking forward to shopping in regular stores rather than fat lady stores (I am sooo glad they have those though.)

Barb: Sounds like a quiet day in store for you. Enjoy your book shopping.

Cottage: The scampi dinner sounds good but so does the pork and saurkraut. I really like that stuff.

Kim: WTG!!!

Hello Jana, Twopeas, jetsetter, and Kiko. Have a great New Year's Day.

We are just hanging out. Gramdpa is playing Yatzee with the the 10 and 6 yo. They are loving it. I am hanging out on the computer. Gonna put in some Bible time and then relax for the day.
    Gonna make a strategy for earning my 15 of them by Valentine's day.
  • Happy New Year!
    Hiya! Happy New Year old and new friends! I worked the weekend in the ER and didn't get a chance to even sit. I don't know what it is about holidays and weekends???? Christmas was the worst.

After I got home last night I made tempura shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce and homemade eggrolls. I deserved what I saw on the scale this morning.....not pretty. To all of you who lost over the holidays....you can't see me but I'm worshipping you!

I couldn't fall asleep last night, something about being too tired, so anyway about 0300 I think I drifted off. dh wanted to go get firewood today so off we went bright and early. I'm counting that as my exercise for the day.

Had 5 bean salad, some chicken breast and a green salad for lunch. Yum. Got half of my water down so I'm feeling better than I have for a long time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Darn I just had a huge post chatted with everyone and then lost it...GRRRRR.
    Well Happy New Year Chicks. I won't be back till late tomorrow night DH has his surgery in the morning and we have to be there at 630. Take care and have a great night/