South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #31  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
And then, after the kiddos were peacefully sleeping, I made the warm "brownie" for dessert and it was chocolate bliss. Paired with my daily cup of decaf chai tea, I was completely set for the rest of the night.

Hope you're all having a happy hump day.
Care to share that warm "brownie" recipe? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #32  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the tips to cure the night time hungries ladies.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning ladies! I am so glad it's Wednesday! Glad to be back at work as well. Day 2 went well for me. I'm in a bit of a situation, though. I work out a lot and I think I definitely need to up my calories to be able to keep up. Anybody got any tips on healthy ways to up calories without feeling stuffed. I'm fine throughout the day, but the second I start working out, I feel like I don't have the energy I usually do. People have suggested that I cut back on the exercise, but I'm really not into that. I've fallen in love with exercising and I can't slow down. I just wouldn't feel right if I did. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone is still doing well! Remember that we're doing this for ourselves and that we're responsible for what we've done to us, whether that's put on an extra 10 lbs or 100 lbs (like I have). We can do this!!

~Kim
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #34  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesaw73 View Post
Care to share that warm "brownie" recipe? Thanks!
I found it in the Phase I Desserts section...here.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kim, you can up your calories with legumes and dairy and you probably need those good carbs when you are working out.

Welcome4 back, Rebel. We'll see you when you've cleared your decks of company.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #36  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning everyone. I get to add a carrot or banana for sticking with PI for the day yesterday.

I had weigh in yesterday and gained and then one day strictly on the beach and I actually lost .5 through the holidays. Guess I ate too many saltly things for New Year's. Not changing my ticker until next week's weigh in though.

Sounds like everyone is cheery and ready for another new day.

Talk to you later.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #37  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I did great with Christmas, but went off plan for afternoon tea with my family after the holidays. I'm in for P1 for at least a whole week, hoping to completely rid my system of the sugars and start anew at losing the weight I've gained by going off three times in the last month!

Glad to have such GREAT company!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #38  

I am new today! I have been "trying SBD" because I had NO appropriate food in my house, so I have been doing pretty good for two days, but planning a big shopping trip tonight (with list in hand!) So I am "officially" starting tomorrow~...any help and suggestions are SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I am excited and have already noticed a new alertness, not the usual 2 o'clock haze...I am happy to get to know all of you!
The heaviest I have ever been is 307 pounds. I have been a WW'r on and off for years, and am at about 253.8 (at last WI) My goal weight is 150. WHich I am hoping to come as close as possible to by my 35th birthday (11/20) Almost a year to do it...
~Tracie
Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #39  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tracie. Be sure to check out the Revised Phase I Food List in the Frequently Asked Questions Section. Dairy and legumes have been added to Phase I since teh book came out. There are also lots of good recipes in the Recipe Section.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Chickies! It's Day 4 for me. How is everybody doing?

I'm doing pretty well. I've added in a few whole wheat crackers with my lunch (I usually have 2-4 small crackers). That seems to have really taken care of my lack of energy during my workouts. I feel like I'm back at 100%. I'm going to stick with the crackers until Week 2 of Phase 2. I'll go ahead and add in some fruit on the first week, but I won't add anything else back in until week 2. Well, I guess that settles it.

I haven't been on the scale since Monday, I'll W-I again next Monday. I feel lighter and my clothes are definitely feeling better. It's all in my stomach. Feeling pretty good! Looking forward to week 2, it's almost here!

~Kim
Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #41  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 5 and I'm still going. I definitely need to kick the salt out, but it's so hard to do! Bye-bye to the beloved dill pickles. Back to Mrs. Dash on my steamed veggies. And away with the deli turkey and ham I bought on Monday (acutally, those I'll give the girls). I'll be buying turkey breasts (and an occasional ham) to roast and slice myself from now on. Guess I'll have to keep a better eye out for sodium contents.

I'm panicing about tonight's dinner. Directly after work, the girls and I are headed just shy of 2 hours south to meet their dad and I didn't have the foresight to pack my dinner. Would I be okay with a grilled chicken salad from Sonic (tossing the o-ring) if I use my own dressing? It's kinda difficult to eat salad and drive though. The other option would be to have a snack instead of dinner and eat when I get home at 9:00. There are leftovers in the fridge, so it's not like I'd have to cook. Hmmmm...

Sorry to ramble. Just thinking out loud for a few minutes!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #42  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Day 4 beginning here, I'm so glad to get the last two days over with. Headaches and fatigue that I knew was waiting for me did happen. I feel pretty good today. I need to do better at water but I'm patting myself on the back for taking my meals to work the last couple of days. I work 12 hour shifts in the ER and I'm there from 6 in the morning until 6:30 at night so I'm basically eating 3 meals a day there. It takes some planning but it is worth it.

Hope you all are having a great day
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #43  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Everyone is doing so good. Except me. I did one day of P1 and then blew it blew it blew it. Fifty lashes with a wet ww noodle please.

Today is a new day. So P1 it is. Got to do more of my own cooking.

and have a good day on the
Old 01-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #44  

Day 5 for me as well.
I decided not to take the Primerica trip - too busy anyway!
So with hubby out of the house I can do what I please. Right now, since I am self employed, that means working on projects at my computer. Went shopping today,t hough, Friday is grocery day. They had buy one get one free on Crystal Light, both the ready to drink and the powder, so I took advantage of that! Bagged salads were buy one get one as well.
Twice a week I have to brown bag, the rest of the time I am mostly able to eat at home. I do, however, try and keep snacks on me. Cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, and I love celery with peanut butter (peanut butter is the whole reason God created celery, IMHO)
I know I need more veggie snacks.Winn Dixie has tons of bags of baby carrots, but that's not for phase 1! I just need to cut my own celery and broccoli!
I may not have been 100% compliant. I had black eyed peas for New Year's and I read somewhere they are not legal - I thought all legumes were, other than green peas? That would make soy flour legal too, wouldn't it? And I know I went over 75 calories on sweets a couple of times, but the scale does show me down 2 pounds, even though I ate like a little piglet!
This is normal for me on South Beach: the first week or so on phase 1 I turn into the shark from Jaws, eating like a madwoman. When phase 1 is winding dwn, though, my appetite starts to calm down. I wonder if that's a signal I need to do phase 1 more than 2 weeks? My late mother had adult onset diabetes, if that makes a difference.
-Michele
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'4''

This is my first post. Today was day one of P1. I did sbd 2 years ago for about 6 months and then got pregnant and then of course the brownies and ice cream crept back in. So, I'm starting over. I would like to get down to my pre pregnancy weight (170) before my daughter turns 1 in March.

Today wasn't actually too bad, I was tired and I did have a headache but I wasn't trying to eat everything I saw.
-renee
Closed Thread