South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #16  

Anchor!! back!! It is great to "see" you back.

Barb I LOVED Nancy Drew when I was growing up. I haven't picked one up in years, it would be interesting to read now.

TwoPeas You can actually wait until the last day of the month if you think the "flush" fairy is coming tonight. Congrats on the loss- I had such a bad December that I didn't even set a goal!

Ruth Hope that you enjoyed your visit with Harry.

Me- Another day of organizing and cleaning DONE! I need a mother of the year award too, as I am EXHAUSTED but just helped my 5 year old make a cake in her Easy Bake Oven. She decided that today was her favorite baby's birthday. We are waiting for DH to get home to celebrate. I have a SF pudding with my name on it waiting in the fridge.

Have a great night!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chickies!

Wow what a long, busy day! And I have to open tomorrow. That's ok, though, because I'll have plenty of people working with me since we're supposed to be busy. We'll see what happens.

Anyone have big plans for NYEve? I think we're just going to sit at the club and watch the Bears game.

It's been SO hard to behave this weekend!!!! I just want fattening things! I'm starving, too, so that's probably a lot to do with it. A big ol' pizza sounds super good to me right now but I know that I'll be SO mad at myself if I do that. Stir fry is probably how it's going to play out. Much better for me, and I'll get tons of veggies.

Better go start my rice. Hope you girlies have a great night!

Lisa
Old 12-30-2006, 11:39 PM   #18  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

We'll be ringing in the new year at 6:00 with London since there's no way the kids could stay up until midnight. I'll probably be in bed well before midnight.

I didn't make any progress getting the Christmas stuff put away like I'd planned. We had rain until about 2:30 this afternoon and I was incredibly unmotivated. But we did get to the grocery store this afternoon and I made a big pot of chili this evening. Yum!! It should get me through lunch all week.

Hope you all had a good day! Time for me to sack out for the night.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:37 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's great to see our daily/weekend chat so busy again. I love seeing some familiar folks coming back to our stretch of the Beach.

I really didn't get much done yesterday as I felt a bit draggy. Today, after Church, I'll continue my tidying. I did pay bills and do a bit of laundry. Some friends may come in after Church for a visit but there is no big NY bash on the agenda today. Dr. Bob is off to Europe and I don't feel like going to either of the other two parties that are happening. The Girls and I will cuddle beside the woodstove tonight and probably be asleep by ten!

What's happening at your place tonight? The seven geese will be a'swimmin' in your bathtub so a long leisurely soak is out!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, the sun is shinning and we had a sprinkle of snow last night, not even enough to make a snowball.

Ruth- I hope you enjoy your quiet nite tonight sometimes it is nice just to be home, and think no hangover tomorrow. DH and I are going out for supper and then to a friends house.

Jetsetter- have fun with your wee ones. Happy New Year.

Kiko- I remember Nancy Drew, I wish I still had some of mine, I think my sister has some of them, I have some Little House on the Parrie ones that I used to read as a kid. Have a great News Years Eve.

anchor weight- Nice to see you back, I am just starting back myself. Love to see pics of the new baby. We were looking at puggles online today we are thinking about getting one, they are sooooooooooooooo cute.

Me- just finished tidying up the house and doing laundry, MIL is bringing home dd and her cousin. Megs has to babysit tonight and oldest is celebrating her sweet 16th tonight her bday is tomorrow. I do not know where the years have gone. So dh and I are going to go out for supper and then to a friends house so the girls can have the house to themselves for a bit. Well I have to dash dd needs the puter and I have to change the laundry over and run to town for bday cake. Take care all and have a
Old 12-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #21  

Happy New Year. Wishing you all a year of blessings and well being!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #22  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

I was going to send the 7 geese out to the gutter to do their swimming until I looked out the window and noticed the 2" of snow on the ground. Looks like we'll be staying home today.

I was able to occupy/distract the kids long enough to get 20 minutes on the elliptical. I think my legs might fall off...been a few weeks since I was on it. Nap time now, so I get to enjoy a few minutes of quiet.

Hope you all have a good New Year's celebration.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! I just got a phone call that my neighbour across the road died. Ruby has been sick for years and finally gave up. She smoked all the time and was on oxygen!!! Her DH is sort of a nutcase - he was found guilty of setting fires in the village several years ago but not sentenced because of mental illness! He's a real "poor me" type and has called me several times today whining about how hard it was looking after Ruby - he really didn't as they had a homemaker daily. He doesn't come over because my dogs wouldn't let him in the house - they know!

Anyhow, I will be phoning around the village this afternoon to spread the word and make some plans for the post-funeral feast. No matter what went on in the past, Delta folks come together for funerals and there always has to be loads of food!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:45 PM   #24  

Ruth - I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. I do love hearing about life in your town. It sounds like people really care about each other. Too often in a bigger area we don't even know our neighbors and that is sad.

Kiko - Brian seems to love many of the books I did. We are still reading the Chronicles of Narnia as a bedtime series. We are almost done with The Silver Chair so we'll be on to the next soon.

I did make it to the gym yesterday for an hour on the stationary bike. I was going to do weights too but my ex came in and was working out in the weight area. I just didn't feel like having to talk to him (he's usually good at ignoring me so I shouldn't have let it bother me).

Today after church, Brian and I went and spent awhile at the animal shelter. It's been months since we've been and they have new cages in the exotic area and a new computerized checkin for volunteers. Otherwise it's the same. There is a Maine Coon in kitten room (no kittens this time of year) and we spent over a half an hour combing matts out of his hair. They thought he had been feral but I guess he was just a stray because he is the sweetest. He's got a few scars from a cat fight and tons of matts but he looks much better now. We may try to go tomorrow and help out while they are closed. It's probably going to take several more sessions to get his tail and stomach unmatted. The better he looks, the better chance he has of getting adopted!

We have a party to go to tonight at the house of one of the boys in our den. At least it is close to home and there will be kids for Brian to play with. I'm not crazy about staying up so late but I should be able to sleep in tomorrow and I do enjoy socializing with the other parents.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #25  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Checking in for the day. I am supposed to work tonight but it has been so slow today that we may close for the evening. Gee, I could enjoy my family for a change on a holiday.

My oldest son and his wife are going to a party so I have their six yo and she is bringing her Christmas movies over. I haven't seen two of them so that will be fun. We have way too much food but a lot of SBD friendly foods so no excuses, except I am planning on having some chips and dip. Perhaps a small piece of dessert.

Tomorrow I am cleaning out the fridge and making a quiche for dinner then the breakfast cheesecake to have around for the week.

My nearly-feral kitty just poked her head out of the bedroom, apparently doesn't realize we are all home. Yes, she is an indoor feral kitty. Goes outside in the summer comes in at the first sign of rain in the fall. She really is a good kitty just stays away from everyone. She was so little when we got her we thought she might come around but she mostly stays hidden. If she wants loves she will jump on the bed at night and purr for me and let me pet her but that's it.

Off to work, hope everyone has a very enjoyable New Year's Eve.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #26  

Default Spending New Year's Eve alone

Hubby's job is moving out of state, so he bought us a new house. THe closing is this Friday - he left from Florida for Indiana this morning. He has to see the title company Thursday and he plans to spend the next week getting some house stuff set up and some work stuff set up.
That leaves little ole me back here by myself on New Year's Eve. I'm listening to the neighbors set off fireworks, but I can't see any of it from here.
Since I'm self-employed, I've been spending some time catching up on client projects - working tonight and tomorrow - I might even get to finish my own books!
This will be my last New Year's in the South, so tomorrow I'm making black eyed peas with left over ham (no sugar), and I bought a can of seasoned collard greens (low enough in sugar to be legal!) So I'll have a Southern New Year's meal on the beach. Next year I'll have to learn what a traditional Midwestern New Year's meal is.
-Michele
Old 12-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Oh garybearsgirl: That stinks! I know exactly what you're going through! Last year for New Year's, I was in the hospital and DH was 10 hours away moving into our new house here. The doc wouldn't let me out and DH HAD to start his new job on the second! Here's a (((hug))) for you!

Well, I can't believe January 2007 is almost here. DH is out with some buddies right now (his drinkin' ones that I'm not too fond of) and then I'll be going to pick him up around 11 so we can ring in the new year together.

I just finished doing the post-company house-straightening and will spend the rest of the evening working on some of my goals for the new year and doing the bills and my avon order. I know that sounds like a terrible way to spend my evening, but I really do enjoy all of this stuff!

I guess I should get to work since I only have about two hours left. I'm going to sleep in a little tomorrow and then get to work putting away all the Christmas decorations. I hope to have that done relatively early so I can spend my last evening off relaxing and not rushing around to get things ready for work. Well, time to go. Happy New Year, everyone!

~Kim
Closed Thread