3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Soups, Stews and Chowders (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-chowders-43/)
-   -   Low point soup recipies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-chowders/63417-low-point-soup-recipies.html)

Alchina 08-14-2005 04:47 PM

Low point soup recipies?

Hello everyone I'm looking for some good LOW POINT soup recipies with not alot of ingredients, can any one help? IN NEED!!!!!!!!!

angel-eyes 08-17-2005 07:32 PM

Here's an easy soup that I just love!!

2 bags frozen veggies
5 Cups chicken stock (fat free)
1 can diced tomatoes
a bit of chopped garlic (if wanted)
8 oz light velveeta cheese, cubed

Bring chicken stock to a boil and add frozen veggies. Let cook for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Add diced tomatoes with its juice and stir. Add cubed cheese and once it melts, stir again. Should make about 8-10 Cups of soup for 1 pt each cup. I use a veggie mix with asperagus, green beans, zuccini and mushrooms. Definitely a hearty bowl of soup!!! Good luck.

ladynredd 09-24-2005 11:41 AM

5 Can Soup

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can white corn
1 can minestrone soup (ready to serve) (Progresso Minestrone best)
1 can mixed vegetables
1 can black beans, rinsed

Combine ingredients, heat.

2 pts. per 1 cup serving.

sciarlante 09-29-2005 03:33 PM

I just made this one for lunch. So good and easy!
Creamy Spinach Soup

1 10 1/2 ounce can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
2 green onion, sliced (2 tablespoons)
Dash ground nutmeg
Dash pepper
4 cups cleaned spinach leaves, stems removed
1 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
Carrot cut-outs (optional)

In a blender container or food processor bowl combine soup, green onion,
nutmeg, and pepper. Add spinach leaves, a few at a time, while blending
or processing till mixture is nearly smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan.
Stir in evaporated milk. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve soup in bowls and garnish with
carrot cut-outs, if desired.

PER SERVING: 114 Calories, 10 g Protein, 1 g Fat, 17 g Carbohydrate,
316 mg Sodium, 7 mg Cholesterol, 2 g Dietary Fiber
Makes 4 Servings

angel-eyes 10-11-2005 07:21 PM

Here's another fave.......

2 lbs of baby carrots (halved)
5 cups low sodium chicken broth
ginger to taste.

Boil carrots in broth for 10-15 minutes until tender. Let cool a bit and then add broth and carrots to a blender and puree. Add ginger to taste...(I usually add about 1/4 tsp)

Makes a very thick and saucey type of soup. Very hearty!!!

1 Cup = 1 pt
This is a ww's recipe from one of their cookbooks.

kaplods 11-20-2005 04:50 PM

I did a Google search several months ago for "zero point soups" (using the quotes). I don't remember the actual websites I found, but I had a whole file of zero to three point soups. I must have had fifty to a hundred soup recipes. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed a month or two ago, and we lost everything.

One of my favorites is thai soup. It can be very easy or a little complicated.

At it's simplest it is just low fat chicken broth (canned, or even better if you have an oriental grocery store nearby, canned broth or cubes - "Pho Ga" if you can find it (Thai Chicken Broth). Pho Ba is beef broth, so you need to be aware of what you're buying (good too, but I like the chicken). I heat the broth, then I weigh out one or two point serving of dry rice noodles and toss them into the broth (I like the thinnest noodles because they cook almost instantly, and it seems like more noodle).

This is good just like that, but if I have any of the following, I add them, chopped cilantro, bean sprouts, and chopped green onions or chives.

I had this in an oriental restaurant, and I loved it. In the restaurant it has white meat chicken and more noodles. I usually don't add the chicken unless I have cooked chicken leftover. The restaurants also served it fresh cilantro, bean sprouts, green onion, lime wedges, hot sauce and hoisin sauce to stir in to taste.

I will sometimes add a little rice vinegar or the lime juice, but it's easy to ruin a soup with too much, so if you want to try it, be careful.

Colleen

Sheri~C 11-20-2005 05:24 PM

I just put this soup together today for my sick hubby, it is very good. I usually puree the carrots, celery and onion as the kids don't like them in chunks and it also thickens the soup a bit. Of course you can also season this to your taste, I will be adding some hot sauce to mine as I love my soups spicy.

Chicken and Black Bean Soup

4 cups of black beans (12 points)
1 cup each diced carrot, celery and onion (steam these first)
1 28 ounce can tomatos (2.5 points)
5 cups defatted chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth (.5 point)
1 Tbls minced garlic
1 tsp dry basil
1 bay leaf
½ tsp black pepper
1 5.5 ounce can of tomato paste (2.5 points)
2.5 ounces of vegetable water (brings the total right to 20 cups)
1 pound cooked diced chicken breast (16 points) 4 cups (4 breast portions from the deli counter)

20 cups @ 33.5 points = 1.675 points per cup

teajay 03-21-2006 02:27 PM

WW Cabbage Beef Soup

Cabbage Beef Soup:

1 lb. lean ground beef browned & drained, 1/4 tsp. each of garlic powder & black pepper, 1-16 oz. can kidney beans undrained, 1-28 oz. can chopped or diced tomatoes with liquid, 4 beef bouillon cubes, 1 sm. chopped onion, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 2 stalks of chopped celery, 1/2 head of chopped cabbage, 1-28 oz. can of water, 2 cans of italian tomatoes.

Put all ingredients in large pot, bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer 1 hour, covered with lid. This is very good soup & filling. Enjoy. :)

Source: Weight Watchers Meeting from leader.

Serving size: 1 1/2 cups = 2 points.

BellaBuggy 04-08-2006 04:44 PM

I have two that are 1 point per cup.

White Chili

2 cans Great northern white beans
1 can fat-free chicken broth
1 16 oz jar salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
1 box Tyson southwest chicken strips

combine and heat through

Potato Soup

1 16 oz bag Oreida OBrien potatoes
4 cans fat free chicken broth
1 package McCormick country gravy mix

prepare gravy according to package directions, add it to the broth and potatoes and cook for 20-30 minutes.